Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Why are some different?

I've looked this up and haven't found an answer. Why are some FiST's calipers painted red and others not? I have an ST3 package Green Envy but I lack the red calipers. I figured with the highest trim available I would get it?

Bluedrank

It was an option that I believe was introduced for the 2016 models. If I remember correctly it was supposed to go alongside the new black wheels they added. The problem was that it didn't come out of the factory correctly in that configuration for a lot of the early 2016 models. So people with the black wheels were getting unpainted and vice versa.

I think people were supposed to be able to to get them repainted by Ford, but then Ford said forget that deal and just ended up paying people like $50 or something.

FocusMike

It was available with the Rado wheel option starting in '14.

It was an option that I believe was introduced for the 2016 models. If I remember correctly it was supposed to go alongside the new black wheels they added. The problem was that it didn't come out of the factory correctly in that configuration for a lot of the early 2016 models. So people with the black wheels were getting unpainted and vice versa.

I think people were supposed to be able to to get them repainted by Ford, but then Ford said forget that deal and just ended up paying people like $50 or something.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
'14 and I think '15 models only offered red painted calibers with gray rado wheel option ...

'16 and '17 models only offered red painted calipers with ebony black wheel option....

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
14' and I think 15' models only offered red painted calibers with gray rado wheel option ...

16' and 17' models only offered red painted calipers with ebony black wheel option....
Ah, mine are the silver wheels. Explains it, thanks!

14' and I think 15' models only offered red painted calibers with gray rado wheel option ...

16' and 17' models only offered red painted calipers with ebony black wheel option....
There are different length FiSts? 14', 15', 16', and 17'? Is the trunk space bigger? I thought they were all just a hair over 13' 3"?

Pppssstttt....... 14' = 2014 model year, 15' = 2015, etc

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Ooooohh.... They meant to type '14, '15, '16 and '17, with the apostrophe on the left and not the right. Changes the meaning of what is typed big time. The ' after the number indicates a measurement in feet. The ' before the number indicates a missing number, usually the first two numbers of a year.

FYI: I was being facetious.

OP
M
Thread Starter #12
Maybe Ford just was like, "what the hell, this one can have it, that one can have it but this one over here... no red calipers for you..."

I believe what happened was the factory was used to painting the calipers red with Rado wheel color option from the first two years ('14 & '15) but then Ford changed the red calipers to the new black/ebony wheel option upgrade but the factory kept pumping out red calipers on the Rado wheel (which were now stock for '16 onward). Eventually they corrected the error, as my 2016 with Ebony wheels does have the red calipers.

Who knows what someone was thinking on the day they decided to do that. I got red cals with my '14. I thought they all came with them. I would actually like to have them repainted to match the molten orange, minus the gold flake undercoat.