Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone using 15" Winter Wheels?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Yessir, mine is a 2016 I had the car 5 days new and got pounded with snow, besides I paid for the ST2 package which was the black premium wheels, Nav, Red calipers, and carbon fiber shift knob with the ST logo, I really didn't want to destroy those new expensive wheels so I bought these, Make sure when you buy from there to select mount and balance since the shipping price is stupid they get their money from hidden areas such as mount and balance for "free". I didn't ask for TPMS and don't worry the Fiesta wont bug the hell out of you for not having them maybe once each time you start it up then goes away. A shop would charge you outrages prices I did it myself for all around $650 find a way to get them if I were you or your only option for the 17''s is Bridgestone Blizzaks WS80.

BTW got that package in like 3 days tops.
Was considering the 15" steelies (they look a lot better than I thought), but found some 15" motegi traklites locally at a decent price. I doubt I'll get them now, but I like how yours look. I saw another Fiesta non-ST with them and it's not a bad look for the price. I think the 15s are a couple pounds lighter each than the oem wheels too.

Was considering the 15" steelies (they look a lot better than I thought), but found some 15" motegi traklites locally at a decent price. I doubt I'll get them now, but I like how yours look. I saw another Fiesta non-ST with them and it's not a bad look for the price. I think the 15s are a couple pounds lighter each than the oem wheels too.
The car does pull a little bit more since the tires and wheels are smaller, I get maximum traction with the snow tires though, They get beat up but who cares. When I had the 17's it was a headache hearing the salt and dust and grime just smash the tire wells and the 15's I hear nothing and are pretty strong. I deliver for a living so I can vouch for the steelies being the best for a winter beating.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
The car does pull a little bit more since the tires and wheels are smaller, I get maximum traction with the snow tires though, They get beat up but who cares. When I had the 17's it was a headache hearing the salt and dust and grime just smash the tire wells and the 15's I hear nothing and are pretty strong. I deliver for a living so I can vouch for the steelies being the best for a winter beating.
The motegi are supposed to be strong too (not as strong as the steelies) but it's ok for me. If I were expecting to get a lot of snow I'd get the steelies anyway and use the motegi for my summers. But I'm in SoCal so I could run summer tires pretty much all year if I really want.

That said, I may get some winter tires (195 or 205/45) for my oem wheels for winter road trips and use the motegi locally and for summer road trips.

I think heavier tires get better mileage on highway so we'll see. Haven't made up my mind yet...

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I'd like to get the 185/60 for my 15s but I want to try the Federal ss595 which only come 185/55 and 195/55, so I'll probably get the 195/55 for now.

I'm using the factory snowflakes off my Merkur XR4Ti with an old set of hankook studs. Does OK at best. My Geo Metro with worn tires does a lot better (and my wife's 2014 fusion with factory tires does better still). Not to mention my fiesta took 6 hours to drive 35 miles because it got high centered on mild snow drifts three times (and the third time broke the radiator when the tow strap broke and whipped up, so now I wait for a not as freezing day and the new radiator to show up to swap it out. When I got back to the car the next day with the trailer the car had turned in to a 7' snow drift and took us 5 hours to dig it out. Only other damage is a small dent in the door. Not even going to bother with any claims it'll be cheaper to just fix it*).

Its not the ice thats the problem around here (eastern WA state) its that we live so far out in the county that our roads are plowed last. Clearance is more important than just about anything else.

Damn...its snowing again....

*I may have also "accidentally" ordered a new intercooler as well...

Zissou

Steel 15x6 wheels from an older Focus. Pirelli P4 all seasons in a 195/60r15.
Only reason on the 195 over 185 is that they were cheaper on tirerack; they were closeout when I got them.

purplewheels.PNG

Oh yeah and I plasti dipped them purple ;)