Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for advice with track wheels and tires. I'd like to go 7.5 but am not sure about 15, 16, or 17....

I'm looking for a dedicated set of wheels and tires for track. My local track is 1.7 miles long with 14 corners and rough surface. A stage one tune is the only power upgrade and will be for at least a year.

I assume going a little wider to 7.5 will give me a little extra width while staying safe in case I want to install coilovers. Beyond that, I start to get a little confused. This is my first track vehicle and first time buying tires in this way.

I've seen people say they think the stock ride is too stiff, but I love it and wouldn't even mind a bit stiffer, so I'm not considering comfort in any way while selecting these wheels and tires. I'm looking for maximum grip and cornering on a track with lots of corners and few straightaways. I'm also not looking to go too crazy with money, so I'm eyeing the Federal RS-R.

I've been thinking I should go with a tire that is 215/40/17, but now I'm seeing a lot of people going for 15 inch wheels and am wondering what the big difference is there if you're using the same wall and width....

Thanks for any advice!

edit: I'm also wondering what the difference would be between a 205/45/17 on a 7.5" wheel.