Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RECAROs are squeaking...again. Best way to convince dealership to replace the whole thing?

So long story short I posted here a while ago about my RECARO drivers side seat squeaking. First two times I took it in to diagnose and nothing happened, third time they figured out it was the reclining mechanism that went wonky. The fourth time I brought it in the parts they received were broken. The fifth fucking time it was finally fixed. Less than two months later it has the same failure and is squeaking in the exact same way.

If they don't want to just replace the whole seat, which I'm going to demand because if its already failing again I do not want to do this dance of figuring out whats wrong, I just want to enjoy the car. Whats the best way to light a fire under their ass? I'm going to call the manager later, who I will say is a great dude, but I'm worried they will try and fix it again, and then it will fail again, and then well be right back here. If they won't replace the whole thing should I go to corporate? Whats the best way of JUST GETTING THIS GOD DAMN THING FIXED? /rant

First TALK to the manager and explain your situation and concern. No need to go off the deep end just yet. Talk to him about what the game plan is and what you want done. The problem is you are not the customer, Ford is if this is a warranty issue. Ford has guidelines and pre approval processes so it will have to up the ladder to get what you want done but that would be the managers job, will not do any good really going above him.

They will most likely have to take it apart again and build a case with Tech assist about what to do. This is most likely what will have to be done first if it was not already done and most likely will have to take the seat apart again. I would talk to the manager first and ask if replacing the seat is possible (most likely will be a no) but you planted the seed and you can at least say ok 1 more time but if it happens again this is what we are doing and get it in writing. That may or may not work, again Ford has all the power. There are certain channels to go through just make sure the manager is aware and if he is a good guy just talk to him about what can be done, this way they are more likely to work with you and be on your side if there is a battle between Ford.

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #3
First TALK to the manager and explain your situation and concern. No need to go off the deep end just yet. Talk to him about what the game plan is and what you want done. The problem is you are not the customer, Ford is if this is a warranty issue. Ford has guidelines and pre approval processes so it will have to up the ladder to get what you want done but that would be the managers job, will not do any good really going above him.

They will most likely have to take it apart again and build a case with Tech assist about what to do. This is most likely what will have to be done first if it was not already done and most likely will have to take the seat apart again. I would talk to the manager first and ask if replacing the seat is possible (most likely will be a no) but you planted the seed and you can at least say ok 1 more time but if it happens again this is what we are doing and get it in writing. That may or may not work, again Ford has all the power. There are certain channels to go through just make sure the manager is aware and if he is a good guy just talk to him about what can be done, this way they are more likely to work with you and be on your side if there is a battle between Ford.

Yeah the service reps at this dealership aren't the best, but the manager is the manager for a reason. Hes been super helpful and I think he'll try and help me out, but I just want some backup ammo in case they just try and fix it again. I mean I've been in 5 times for the seat, and extra time for panels they damaged while replacing it, and was about to head in because they broke the plastic cover off the recline handle but now the squeak is back. It kinda sucks because I really don't like anything about this dealer other than the manager is clearly on the side of the customer, and is extremely helpful. I know you catch more flies with honey but I'm extremely irritated by all of this, and its not even a Ford part.

I'm hoping they won't have to take the seat apart...again but I'm sure they will to diagnose it. I think the one more time thing is a good idea, but it feels like the exact same failure happened which makes me think its just a bad seat. I'm going to call in a bit and see what he says, and I guess go from there.

Like Crooked Letta said, just speak to them again and be polite. My grandmother always used to say "You catch more flies with sugar, than vinegar", so remember to be polite about it.

Try these people:

FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: [MENTION=582]FordService[/MENTION] @FordFiesta @Ford
f: facebook.com/OfficialFordST facebook.com/Ford

The representative's name is Meaghan. She is on another Forum.

I hope you can straighten it out. I would usually just call customer service right away. dealers are hard enough to work with 99% of the time, especially when they can probably point fingers and say you are dropping yourself into the seat causing unnecessary stress on the parts.

A honda tech buddy of mine told me they get a lot of cars with "seat coming loose" and they verified it to be the customers just dropping themselves into the car instead of seating themselves. Not saying you are doing this, but they can be a point of their argument if it happens again IF they replace the seat.

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #7
I hope you can straighten it out. I would usually just call customer service right away. dealers are hard enough to work with 99% of the time, especially when they can probably point fingers and say you are dropping yourself into the seat causing unnecessary stress on the parts.

A honda tech buddy of mine told me they get a lot of cars with "seat coming loose" and they verified it to be the customers just dropping themselves into the car instead of seating themselves. Not saying you are doing this, but they can be a point of their argument if it happens again IF they replace the seat.
The problem is, in total I have been in 6 times for this seat. 3 to finally figure out whats wrong, 1 more to try and fix but the new parts were broken, the fifth was to fix the panels they scratched replacing the seat. There was going to be a 7th for the lever handle cover they broke but now I'm just going to try and get them to replace the whole thing. I'm going to go straight to the manager with it because he has been the only one that truly helped me before, I just hope it wont be a big struggle

FutureST

anyone else have this issue? trying to decide on whether or not to buy the recaro option or not when i pull the trigger on a fist

anyone else have this issue? trying to decide on whether or not to buy the recaro option or not when i pull the trigger on a fist
I've had my FiST for three years this month and my Recaros are holding up beautifully.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #10
I'm 95% sure I got the issue because my car sat on the lot for 6 months in SoCal sun before I bought it. I knew there were going to be teething problems just because it sat for so long. I will say this though, without question or shadow of a doubt I would buy the RECAROS again. In fact if (lets be real here, when) I buy a new Ford it will have Recaros. Squeaking aside these seats are the best option for this car, and IMHO the only necessary one. I'll also say I'm the only one I've found online that has had this problem.

Mine squeak but I've never thought anything of it because I have a decent amount of rattles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk