Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Auxbeam LED bulbs

ndaniels

Ok, I got it. The vertical adjuster is actually what you use. I only needed to turn the dial about half way (the owner's manual explains how to adjust it). The manual says to use a #2 philips, but I found that was bending the plastic teeth. But I was able to turn it by hand; you could also put a socket on the hex head (just be careful, as it is plastic). The lights are in!

zanethan

what was your solution? How did you "adjust them down"?
I took off the light entirely and turned the adjustment/alignment screw until the bulb could fit. I don't remember which way I turned it anymore but I had to max it out to get the bulb in.

Once the bulb was in I was able to readjust the headlight to match the drivers side.

Mines a '15.

OP
F
Thread Starter #43
my buddy has a 15' and he got ansy cause he couldn't get the bulb in, he took a dremel to the right side of the passenger housing and just took off a little bit of the plastic so it would go right in.

OP
F
Thread Starter #45
Just on the right side of the housing. just took off a little bit of the black plastic so the back of the bulb would go right in without having to adjust anything

AzNightmare

Yikes..... Guess it's already too late with everyone jumping on this. I hate to be "that guy" and burst your bubble, but LEDs in a reflector housing is a big no no.
Cutoff is bad, uneven hot spot as shown in the first post, and you pretty much blind everyone cause your light scatters.

Reflector (made for Halogen bulbs) USDM

Projector (made for LED/HID) Euro

That's the reason why there's an interest in people wanting to swap or retrofit the European headlight, because it has a projector lens so they can use LEDs (properly).

^never had anybody flash me and I drive 130kms a day in the dark to and from work. These lights are the new batch of LED headlights lots of info on the manufactures website for those interested. Very impressed with these bulds and the cutoff is perfect and very visiable while driving or even following someone. Again I'd recommend to anyone just my 2 cents

zanethan

^ agreed usually I am "that guy" that says don't put HID/LEDs in reflectors but these work well. I have had 0 issues with people flashing me (even have driven behind several cops with no issues). They really aren't blindingly bright. In fact the new Corolla's with their "proper" projectors are FAR worse in terms of blinding light and glare than these bulbs in our reflector housings.

I will also stand behind these as a viable option for those who want whiter light at a reasonable cost.

OP
F
Thread Starter #49
Glad everyone likes them so far. Mine work great so far as well. Long term reliability I guess only time will tell with that one. Overall though these are a solid option for the price.

TUX15ST

Mine came in today and had time to do a quick install on them, I have a 15 and the passenger side did not fit as many others have said. i opted to go the route of dremelling down the housing a little and it went right now no issues and of course the driver side went right in. Its still daytime so i havent driven at night with them but I will say the color looks awesome and the reflection looks good as far as i can tell right now, will have to report back tomorrow with the night results

^ agreed usually I am "that guy" that says don't put HID/LEDs in reflectors but these work well. I have had 0 issues with people flashing me (even have driven behind several cops with no issues). They really aren't blindingly bright. In fact the new Corolla's with their "proper" projectors are FAR worse in terms of blinding light and glare than these bulbs in our reflector housings.

I will also stand behind these as a viable option for those who want whiter light at a reasonable cost.
FUCK those new Corrolla lights. I don't know how they got certified, its like staring into the fucking sun

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Anyone got pics of the cutoff against a wall? I've been considering doing a retro fit but if these work well as is then I rather get these.

TUX15ST

Drove home last night with these on for the first time and wow they are much brighter than halogens, not sure if they are blinding to others or not yet, will have to wait till im behind someone i know to ask them but the difference is crazy over my piaa bulbs

I am leaning towards these, as I love the factory black housings, and hate the euro chrome housings. I know I can paint some of the chrome black, but not worth the hassle, and risk of screwing something up. Maybe I will just get the highbeams to start.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

AzNightmare

^never had anybody flash me and I drive 130kms a day in the dark to and from work. These lights are the new batch of LED headlights lots of info on the manufactures website for those interested. Very impressed with these bulds and the cutoff is perfect and very visiable while driving or even following someone. Again I'd recommend to anyone just my 2 cents
Do you have a link where I can see the lots of info?

----

I'm not entirely convinced unless there's a reason why these specific LEDs work better with reflectors (while every other has failed). The cutoffs in the original post were not great imo, but I'm open to someone posting more pics with cutoffs and even hot spots against a wall, cause I don't want to base my conclusion on just one pic.

Due to technological advancements, maybe this LED is doing something different, but once again, I need source for why it's different and better than the rest for reflector housing. Just because no one on the street instigates anything doesn't mean it's not a distraction. Some cars have antiglare mirrors, or people just rather not flash you or horn cause they don't want trouble, etc.

I'm not trying to attack you personally, my first question in this post was the only thing directed to you. Everything else is open for discussion to anyone. I'm just here to throw out the challenge for any one that has these LEDs already to do some testing, like showing cutoff and hot spots against a wall. Also some people in here said they had to adjust the lighting position while others seem to have made no mention about it. So is this something necessary? I personally love testing things and for the longest time, I've been trying to find LEDs for these cars. In the end, I always ran into either fitment issues or cut offs were no good. And I tested a lot of different aftermarket LEDs.

That's why I'm aggressively approaching this as if it's a new discovery... maybe because I'm wrong and it simply is a pair of LEDs with new technology behind it. And I'm ready to jump on LEDs if proven they work well.

www.auxbeam.com search H11 Bulbs lots of YouTube vids as well posted on the site (f-16 series). I didn't find your post attacking I'm just sticking behind a product I personally couldn't be happier with as others seem to be as well. Auxbeam have different leds models that don't seem to be as good food for thought happy researching.

Do you have a link where I can see the lots of info?

----

I'm not entirely convinced unless there's a reason why these specific LEDs work better with reflectors (while every other has failed). The cutoffs in the original post were not great imo, but I'm open to someone posting more pics with cutoffs and even hot spots against a wall, cause I don't want to base my conclusion on just one pic.

Due to technological advancements, maybe this LED is doing something different, but once again, I need source for why it's different and better than the rest for reflector housing. Just because no one on the street instigates anything doesn't mean it's not a distraction. Some cars have antiglare mirrors, or people just rather not flash you or horn cause they don't want trouble, etc.

I'm not trying to attack you personally, my first question in this post was the only thing directed to you. Everything else is open for discussion to anyone. I'm just here to throw out the challenge for any one that has these LEDs already to do some testing, like showing cutoff and hot spots against a wall. Also some people in here said they had to adjust the lighting position while others seem to have made no mention about it. So is this something necessary? I personally love testing things and for the longest time, I've been trying to find LEDs for these cars. In the end, I always ran into either fitment issues or cut offs were no good. And I tested a lot of different aftermarket LEDs.

That's why I'm aggressively approaching this as if it's a new discovery... maybe because I'm wrong and it simply is a pair of LEDs with new technology behind it. And I'm ready to jump on LEDs if proven they work well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=013hAr6_uh4

this video sold me, installed in reflective housing on a 15' WRX. He also had another style bulb from auxbeam # NF-03 that he wouldn't recommend in reflective housing. Auxbeam has a 30 day money back guarantee as well so if you aren't happy with the lights simply return them.

AzNightmare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=013hAr6_uh4

this video sold me, installed in reflective housing on a 15' WRX. He also had another style bulb from auxbeam # NF-03 that he wouldn't recommend in reflective housing. Auxbeam has a 30 day money back guarantee as well so if you aren't happy with the lights simply return them.
Thanks, very informative. We need more videos like this one.

So in regards to installing the LEDs, did anyone get them in without using a dremel?

zanethan

Thanks, very informative. We need more videos like this one.

So in regards to installing the LEDs, did anyone get them in without using a dremel?

I did. You have to adjust the light all the way "down" then instal and adjust the light back up.