Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Auxbeam LED bulbs

I installed my bulbs without dremeling or adjustments. I think it depends on how your headlights are adjusted from factory, some may need to make adjustments as others have experienced. I took the headlights out and the passenger side was a tighter fit but everything fit. I wish I thought to install the fogs while I had the headlight pulled. I'll end up installing them through the wheel wells once the weather warms up a bit. The stock bulbs look yellow compared to my LED drl's.

I still haven't had a single car flash me, these bulbs are awesome.

back country bumpy road lite up

TUX15ST

I COULD HAVE JUST ADJUSTED MY LIGHTS INSTEAD OF DREMELING BUT IM SUPER OCD ABOUT ALIGNING THEM AND WOULD PROBABLY NEVER BE HAPPY IF i MOVEDTHE FACTORY ALIGNMENT

I COULD HAVE JUST ADJUSTED MY LIGHTS INSTEAD OF DREMELING BUT IM SUPER OCD ABOUT ALIGNING THEM AND WOULD PROBABLY NEVER BE HAPPY IF i MOVEDTHE FACTORY ALIGNMENT
CAPS LOCK MUCH?

I am seriously considering these, but if I had to adjust the light to make it fit, I'd mark the original position and count the turns. Cutting anything is a no no in my OCD books. lol

Anyone install highbeams too? or is the oem halogen bright enough?

I once had a car that had HID low beams and oem highbeams.. and it was silly. the low beams were so bright that the highbeams were worthless.

In my 94 corolla, I just modified it to accept a brighter halogen bulb (the one that the viper use to use prior to their HID glory... was it a 9007? i cant recall but all I had to do was shave down the bulb's tabs) and used relays for direct V from the alternator. I must say those lights were epicly bright. I am considering doing the same on my Fiesta, but the total cost for relays, brighter bulbs (higher W?) and making my own harness is just over 100 dollars... I wonder if anyone knows what I am talking about.

I really don't see the point to replace the high beams. I didn't and you can notice the difference once you turn on the high beams. you'll notice the colour difference between the 2 bulbs that's for sure.

I installed these lights two weeks ago in my '16 ST and love them. I drive a lot of back roads with 1 or maybe 2 street lgihts scattered about. These have made a world of difference for me driving home at night. Before this car I had a 2013 WRX with HIDs and going from those to the stock halogens in the ST was a nightmare. Felt blind at night.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Bought some last night on Amazon and should be here tonight. I'm going to mark off the halogen bulbs cut off before swapping them to compare and adjust as needed. My Evo has OEM HIDs and even thou they aren't the best they're still a hell of a difference compared to the Fist. Sucks seeing all the other Fords with projectors and DRLs.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
For those of you that actually care that you're burning the corneas of oncoming drivers, go out one night and park on the side of a road with your headlights on. Then in a another car, drive past your car in the opposite direction and experience the glare for yourself. OR, next time you're on the highway ride up on the car in front of you and watch them re-adjust their rear view mirror (or flip you off lol). If you still keep these installed, at least you'll know you made a conscious decision to disregard the safety and comfort of other drivers. You can try to convince yourself that because no one is flashing you that you're ok but I (and MANY people I know) have given up on flashing drivers like you. I would be flashing so many drivers a night that I would probably burn out my high beam bulbs monthly. These kits are dirt cheap so it's become a genuine epidemic in my area.

You know what? From now on i'm going to do my part! I'm going to flash every single HID/LED multi-flector I run into. I'm gonna make a difference! You wait and see! OCCUPY LOW BEAMS BEGINS NOW! But let's be honest, how many of you would actually remove them if you were getting flashed?

For those of you that actually care that you're burning the corneas of oncoming drivers, go out one night and park on the side of a road with your headlights on. Then in a another car, drive past your car in the opposite direction and experience the glare for yourself. OR, next time you're on the highway ride up on the car in front of you and watch them re-adjust their rear view mirror (or flip you off lol). If you still keep these installed, at least you'll know you made a conscious decision to disregard the safety and comfort of other drivers. You can try to convince yourself that because no one is flashing you that you're ok but I (and MANY people I know) have given up on flashing drivers like you. I would be flashing so many drivers a night that I would probably burn out my high beam bulbs monthly. These kits are dirt cheap so it's become a genuine epidemic in my area.

You know what? From now on i'm going to do my part! I'm going to flash every single HID/LED multi-flector I run into. I'm gonna make a difference! You wait and see! OCCUPY LOW BEAMS BEGINS NOW! But let's be honest, how many of you would actually remove them if you were getting flashed?
I must say, since I can't beat them, i'd prefer to join them. we can blind each other on the road and both feel like the other persons the asshole... atleast its mutual.

I did a test with these the other night with my wife and one of my friends. I had them both drive by me at night and neither one of them complained about it being too bright or being blind. I know some people who have LED headlights that are awful and do scatter light and blind people. These lights only have two LEDs on each bulb. There are LEDs that have 10+ LEDs on each bulb and those ones throw light blindly. Just ask my reverse lights.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I must say, since I can't beat them, i'd prefer to join them. we can blind each other on the road and both feel like the other persons the asshole... atleast its mutual.
Lmao that's the spirit! I almost ordered them... but the guilt...Oh the guilt lol

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
So I put these in today, drove around and they did not seem to be in the opposing traffics face. When I was behind cars they weren't shining back at me in the rear view and there didn't seem to be any glare but I did have to adjust them lower. I could not tell if they were brightening the road more or if they had a longer range since I couldn't really find a street with no street lights. The only thing I don't like so far are the hot spots which create big bright spots directly in front of the car. Whenever I have a chance I will adjust them correctly because even with the halogens it seemed as if they were aimed a bit low. To me it seems as if the halogens had more glare then these LEDs.

Philips Crystal Vision Ultra
Halogens.JPG
Auxbeam F16 - Philips CVU
LED Halogen.jpg
Installed with no adjustment
Above Cutoff.jpg
Adjusted
Fixed.jpg

AzNightmare

i WOULD HAVE IMAGINED THAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO REALIGN THEM ANYWAY AFTERWARDS... CAUSE THE LEDS DON'T OUTPUT LIGHT THE SAME AS HALOGENS.????????

grnmachine02

WHAT ARE WE YELLING ABOUT?!?!?

also, shouldn't the LH headlight be adjusted slightly below the RH? I thought that was so you wouldn't shine incoming traffic.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Drove with them today and they seemed fine but when I started to pass trucks I noticed light shining up their cargo containers. It seemed as if it was coming right off the side of the headlight. Then I started to pay attention to the cars passing next to me and when theyd get to about the front wheels the light would be hitting inside their car. Drove into a loading dock behind some stores and took some pics. I ended up taking them off, guess a retrofit will be coming soon.

Left.JPG
Right.JPG

Drove with them today and they seemed fine but when I started to pass trucks I noticed light shining up their cargo containers. It seemed as if it was coming right off the side of the headlight. Then I started to pay attention to the cars passing next to me and when theyd get to about the front wheels the light would be hitting inside their car. Drove into a loading dock behind some stores and took some pics. I ended up taking them off, guess a retrofit will be coming soon.

View attachment 12985
View attachment 12986
That's actually normal, you probably just never noticed before. The right side headlight housing (at least in countries that drive on the correct side of the road) is designed to throw light up and to the right. They do that to light up street signs. That's also why everyone's ordering the German-spec headlights, and not the UK-spec ones when doing the euro swap.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
That's actually normal, you probably just never noticed before. The right side headlight housing (at least in countries that drive on the correct side of the road) is designed to throw light up and to the right. They do that to light up street signs. That's also why everyone's ordering the German-spec headlights, and not the UK-spec ones when doing the euro swap.
I know there's some light that's suppose to light up the signs but this is over exaggerating, it was like shinning a flashlight to the drivers next me. I hate when other cars blind me with their lights so I rather not do the same. I put my halogens back in and that side light was there but a bit further up, useful for signs and no longer shining people next to me.

Zormecteon

THanks so much for the pictures... I had been 1/2 considering these as replacements (when my bulbs burned out, but not before). Knowing the light pattern is wrong steers me back down the right road.