Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Auxbeam LED bulbs

AzNightmare

Thanks so much for taking the time for the review and taking images.... don't want to be that guy that said "told you so"...
lol

I did some more research after learning about these lights. They seem to be a lot better than other LEDs, but unfortunately, still not good enough. Kind of disappointed, because I'm still trying to find suitable LEDs for my car, but seems like LEDs and reflective housing still aren't a good combo... yet.

Has anyone tried installing a set of these in the projector euro-spec headlights? I'm really curious. If they install and fit properly they could be fantastic. I can't get into an LED that requires me to cut my housings.

Just picked up some new auxbeam h11 bulbs for the headlights and fogs. These things are amazing, will post a pic soon but right now you can get them for $40 a set. They are plug and play and are made out of aircraft aluminum. Auxbeam.com get you some
I've been looking for an inexpensive upgrade to the factory bulbs since getting my FiST. The stock headlights are just terrible, but I could not bring myself to spend a few hundred dollars on an HID or Euro conversion.

I just placed my order on the Auxbeam.com website. They're no longer $40, but, at $52 with free shipping, they were still less than Amazon. If they work as well as they appear to, based on this thread, it will be fifty bucks well spent.

Now, what are people using for LED turn signal bulbs? My drivers side rear bulb went out today. [emoji3]

PhoenixM3

So who had issues with the passenger side fitting in the housing and what was the solution?
I'm still tweaking mine and will adjust them is afternoon. My solution for the passenger side bulb was to remove the two small Phillips screws and rotate the base 180 degrees. It went in without issue and without remove of material from headlight assembly.

Bumping this thread.

Anyone have any issues with these after a month or more of having them installed? I know these have a fan to help with heat but have any issues came up? And what about people using them in fogs?

Thanks!

zanethan

Only issue is that mine flicker/surge slightly at idle. You can only see it in the rear of the car in front of you at a stoplight/sign. I've been meaning to get a canbus to see if that will eliminate the issue. For the price I'm happy with them.

Installed my Auxbeams the week I bought the car back in October. No surges, no flickers. They are perfect.

Only crappy thing is they aimed very high. I adjusted them down, but our headlights are super cheap and the high-beams also adjust down at the same time.

I know this thread is very old but I picked up some Auxbeams yesterday and installed them. My fog lights are fine but the headlight bulbs do no fit at all. I adjusted the metal projector in the housing and tightened it back up once I had the bulb set but it still doesn't fit right at all. The bulb is cocked and will not lock in whatsoever. I saw some people used a dremel but even then I feel as if it will not sit securely in the housing. Any help would be appreciated!

zanethan

I had the same issue it will fit without trimming you just have to fight with it. Lock it in place then adjust it back up.

As an aside I'm looking for other options at this time as these are flickering like crazy after about a year. Also they really are too bright. I'm looking into high output halogen options and might consider the euro headlights if whoosh starts stocking them.

I had the same issue it will fit without trimming you just have to fight with it. Lock it in place then adjust it back up.

As an aside I'm looking for other options at this time as these are flickering like crazy after about a year. Also they really are too bright. I'm looking into high output halogen options and might consider the euro headlights if whoosh starts stocking them.
Did you actually get it to lock? Because no matter how I try to fit it, it will not lock securely. Also yes very bright its like driving with my high beams and I do not want to drive like this.

zanethan

Yes I did. You have to adjust the reflect all the way down. Like allllllllll the way down. Then you can lock the bulb in and adjust it back up

Yes I did. You have to adjust the reflect all the way down. Like allllllllll the way down. Then you can lock the bulb in and adjust it back up
Ok i will give this a shot after work. I managed to reduce the scatter a bit by aiming the bulb down but still lights up every single street sign like highbeams.

zanethan

Yeah they will do that. I'm researching options and believe that a lot of the glare can be reduced via glare guards made from copper pipe. I'm going to be looking into this further as some people put there have done this with other makes and produced excellent results. If it doesn't work I'll be going back to the halogens and looking into a retrofit.

Just pop in an h9 bulb trimmed and you will have more output and will cost $20. These LED will always be shit and do not work in a low beam housing, when you actually go and test them using a lux meter at correct distances you will find that all you are doing is lighting up the area in front of your car more and lighting up the distance less.

AzNightmare

Just pop in an h9 bulb trimmed and you will have more output and will cost $20. These LED will always be shit and do not work in a low beam housing, when you actually go and test them using a lux meter at correct distances you will find that all you are doing is lighting up the area in front of your car more and lighting up the distance less.
H9 are brighter... but they are also hotter than oem... So you'll most likely melt your housing. I've personally known 2 people that tried it already on their FiST and their housing got cloudy/marred from the inside. YMMV.

LED's (and HIDs) are for projectors. I think I've mentioned it in this thread already... There's no way around it, even if people try to make claims they work.
USDM got reflectors, it's the wrong tech for LED's. We can't just mix and match to our liking if we want proper output.

Gotta get the right tech. Swap in Euro headlights with projectors.