Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My new 2016 FiST

Hello all! After months of looking at FiSTs I pulled the trigger on one last weekend. Its a ST3 with every available option. I absolutely love this car! I'm a car dealer and have owned many many cars and I have to say this one is my favorite! I got out of my 2015 WRX STI and financed this through Ford motor credit at 0% and cut my payment in half! So here is my question to you guys. Do I go with the MP215 with a mountune cat back exhaust system or go with the MR230?

Welcome! I'm glad I'm not the only one who left their STI, my payment was cut in half as well lol. Did your insurance policy go down a ton too?

OP
RobbyD
Thread Starter #6
Yes it went down about $40 a month! and I get about 3X the MPG lol

OP
RobbyD
Thread Starter #8
I uploaded a pic of my car I don't know why its not showing up for my profile picture :/

Yes it went down about $40 a month! and I get about 3X the MPG lol
Yeah same here! Close to $600 for the year I believe. I cant believe how much I was paying for my STI! I don't do many highway miles so my MPG kinda sucks but its still better than before lol.

OP
RobbyD
Thread Starter #11
I only have about 400 miles on my car so I really haven't opened it up. I'm really excited to see how this car performs! The STI made most of its power in the higher rpms so just driving to work and back wasn't super exciting. So the question is the for the FiST would you go with the MP215 with a mountune cat back exhaust system or go with the MR230 upgrade?

I only have about 400 miles on my car so I really haven't opened it up. I'm really excited to see how this car performs! The STI made most of its power in the higher rpms so just driving to work and back wasn't super exciting. So the question is the for the FiST would you go with the MP215 with a mountune cat back exhaust system or go with the MR230 upgrade?
I've only had mine for a few months. So far I've purchased a Cobb AP, Mountune RMM and a drop in filter. I'm still not sure what exhaust I like so I couldn't really say which to get. I more than likely won't be getting an intake so I can't really say whether the MP215 is good or not. Sorry I can't help ya more. Maybe someone with experience in the subject will chime in soon.

OP
RobbyD
Thread Starter #14
I've only had mine for a few months. So far I've purchased a Cobb AP, Mountune RMM and a drop in filter. I'm still not sure what exhaust I like so I couldn't really say which to get. I more than likely won't be getting an intake so I can't really say whether the MP215 is good or not. Sorry I can't help ya more. Maybe someone with experience in the subject will chime in soon.
I have watched a ton of YouTube videos and I think I'm going to go with the MBRP cat back exhaust. Oh and does the Cobb AP void the warranty? I was going to stick with Mountune just so I don't void my factory warranty.

I have watched a ton of YouTube videos and I think I'm going to go with the MBRP cat back exhaust. Oh and does the Cobb AP void the warranty? I was going to stick with Mountune just so I don't void my factory warranty.
I would imagine the AP does void the warranty. Also, I'm not positive but I think the mountune products are only warrantied if installed by the dealer. And even then I don't think the ECU reprogramming is covered.

FistSt215

Wow that's crazy I always wanted a STi . Besides the monthly payments and insurance why did you get rid of the STI?

Wow that's crazy I always wanted a STi . Besides the monthly payments and insurance why did you get rid of the STI?
For me, it was a few things. I have a ton of home improvements I need to pay for and I wanted to maintain my current lifestyle, the STI had to go for that to happen. Also, I was driving it mostly to/from work. I rarely hit the canyons and never had a chance to track it. That care was a waste of money for me honestly, I won't lie the car was a lot of fun but i didn't have enough fun with it to justify keeping it. I'm glad I did, I am having more fun in my FiST than I did the STI! I have more money in my pocket and I still get to boost every now and then :D

OP
RobbyD
Thread Starter #19
I really did like the car a lot but where I live in Florida I never really got a chance to enjoy it. Don't get me wrong going from a $740 payment to a $375 payment and the cheaper insurance was nice but wasn't the main reason I traded it. If I ever took it to the track I'm sure I would have kept it. I just think my FiSt is a better daily driver.

OP
RobbyD
Thread Starter #20
. Also, I was driving it mostly to/from work. I rarely hit the canyons and never had a chance to track it. That care was a waste of money for me honestly, I won't lie the car was a lot of fun but i didn't have enough fun with it to justify keeping it. I'm glad I did, I am having more fun in my FiST than I did the STI! I have more money in my pocket and I still get to boost every now and then :D
That sums most of it up for me as well