Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

From RWD coupe to FWD Hot Hatch

Hello everyone, I'm Seth from Belgium and just today bought my brand spankin new 2016 Fiesta ST200! http://imgur.com/a/BK8B0 Here are some showroom pics but for credibility reasons I will provide real world pics soon (since it's dark outside atm and want to do a shoot in daylight to make the Storm Grey come out better).
So far I've driven 160 km on it and WOW! What a car! Momentarily it's on Pirelli Sottozero 3 winter rubber but man does this car grip. I can't wait for winter to be over and put on some Michelin Super Sports! I took my dad and little brother out for a spin today and both were very excited, albeit each in a different way :p

My previous car was an e92 320d BMW from 2009. A very nice car indeed, but after tracking it I realised it was too heavy and didn't handle well enough. I did enjoy driving it for the year and a half I owned it. Had my first real accident in that car (unexperienced with RWD, ESC off and rain = landing in a ditch). Luckily I didn't hit anyone and it was not totalled. A very scary experience that made me respect the car even more. It was the moment I decided I wanted to become a good driver. Hence the trackdays to explore my limits.

The ST is my second self owned car and was the one I was drooling over ever since it got launched, but for economic reasons went with the second hand diesel. Now that I feel I've become a more experienced driver I knew it was ready to step up to something better. Right now I'm practicing heel/toe and revmatching, which if MUCH easier in the ST than it was in the BMW diesel.

Anyway, it's nice to be a new member on this forum and if anyone has any questions about me or my car, shoot! If you guys have any tips about driving/maintaining/running in the ST please indulge me, I'm very curious and want to take car of my car in the best possible way.

Greets,

Seth

welcome aboard!

side note: if you ever plan to upgrade your intake. i will buy the bottom part of your stock intake box. just keep me in mind if it ever happens...!

i am very jealous of your st200....

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
Thank you everyone, happy to be here!

@ Manta Ray: I had another guy asking me the same question about the intake box, what makes the bottom part so interesting? I'm not a mechanic myself, my knowledge is all theoretical. I do plan on learning to do some stuff myself on the 1.6 ecoboost, which I've been told is a good engine to learn to do some basic stuff.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FerdFiesty New Member Introduction 15