Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

moonroof installation

TRU

i want to install a automatic moonroof to my ST. of course mine did not come with it, and ive never owned a vehicle without a moonroof. does anyone have any recommendations on if its possible and what the estimate price will be? should i see if ford would do it? any and all suggestions is welcomed please

Zormecteon

I recommend not doing it. ... There's a thread on .. moon roofs leak, eventually. ...... . especially aftermarket ones. Of course---- #1 is - It's your car, do what you want with it. -- and #2, if you don't plan to keep it long term, it won't matter.. to you.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I'd be interested too...if there were a way to do it without problems. I've heard the same that aftermarket moonroofs tend to have problems...

Sent using Tapatalk

I can't see Ford doing this for you. Your best bet will be to sell the car and get one that has a sunroof, seriously. Factory ones leak over time, so I really wouldn't be interested in putting an aftermarket one in my car, but as mentioned above; your car, your choice.

OP
TRU

TRU

Thread Starter #6
ok. thank you. i do plan on keep it long run but im not wanting to deal with leaks and etc.

I picked mine out because it has the sun roof option. I just wish it wasn't so far back.

OP
TRU

TRU

Thread Starter #8
yeah. this is my first car without a moonroof. now its like damn what was i thinking, i do love my car tho

neeqness

1000 Post Club
yeah. this is my first car without a moonroof. now its like damn what was i thinking, i do love my car tho
Exactly how I felt as soon as spring came around earlier this year. Don't know how many times the thought keeps crossing my mind on a continual basis to trade it in for one with a moonroof. But so far common sense is prevailing...

AzNightmare

lol, this car is the first car I've had with a moonroof. I hardly ever use it... I can't stand the sound of wind noise whether it's from the moon roof or an open window. But I basically bought my FiST at the end of the year when they were clearing it out so I was pretty much forced to take whatever was left, which happened to be fully loaded FiST that came with everything including the useless cargo organizer which I had to pay $100 for.

But back on topic, I would recommend just trading in for a moon roof FiST if it was that important. It's probably a lot of money and not worth it for an aftermarket custom job.