Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB ATR and Tune Ideas/Sharing

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I say allow it, absolutely. it's not like randy will be releasing tunes for FSwerks ever again so we need every option we can get. while i am sure there will be plenty of mountune maps released I bet there won't be as many or as aggressive as previously.

I'm very interested in doing the "Cobb Learn To Tune" webinar or whatever since I've got an AWD dyno here at @ModBargains just waiting to be mounted in the ground and used

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
I doubt Mountune maps will work in a COBB ap as they use different firmware making it locked to there machine only .

Here's a pretty cool site for uploading and viewing datalogs that I saw other forums using to help with self tuning. We should make a sticky of how to datalog with the accesstuner and with atr software using a laptop. Then we should put our collected heads together and start making our own tune files. You can check and uncheck parameters. This was a 3/4 4th gear pull.
http://datazap.me/u/baldtaco/34-4th-gear-pull?log=0&data=8

airjor13

2000 Post Club
For you guys with the ATR, could anyone share a 93 OCT OTS v.102 with the rear O2 disabled?

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
For you guys with the ATR, could anyone share a 93 OCT OTS v.102 with the rear O2 disabled?
Yes as long as you have a ATR to resave and then load into your AP which makes this a mute point because if you have the ATR you can shut off the Rear O2 sensor or just the codes.. But you need a working copy of the ATR to be able to share tunes Or have someone with the ProTuner Software like Joe at 2J-racing send you one with it all set up for not rear O2 alarms..

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Yes as long as you have a ATR to resave and then load into your AP which makes this a mute point because if you have the ATR you can shut off the Rear O2 sensor or just the codes.. But you need a working copy of the ATR to be able to share tunes Or have someone with the ProTuner Software like Joe at 2J-racing send you one with it all set up for not rear O2 alarms..
Rod, I thought with ATR tunes, the tunes are not VIN locked and can be shared freely?

Only the ProTuner locks tunes to VIN correct?

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #52
You have to have the ATR software and open the file and resaveit to have it useable for your car.
Yes thats what I was meaning it is not "locked" but you need to save it with Your ATR to make it functional is what i have been told. But why not try it and see .. let us know if it works

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thanx to baldtaco, I am now an ATR owner and lost mofo....

I had seen screen shots and heard the lingo. After looking at some of the settings... I have more questions than answers. I think this maybe equal to teaching a parrot to swim...

My first question....
How the heck does this thing know exhaust valve temp? How does it know exhaust flange temp ? How does it know the pressure ratio ?

It has a wideband after the map sensor, THAT IS IT, how can it possibly know those things?

I don't even know where to start to increase the boost everywhere. I'm glad i have a pro tuner on this case, but dang... Its complex.

You can download the pdf guide or I can send you a pm with links to them from work tomorrow. It helps a lot to load different maps to see what was changed after making a list of the most important things from the pdf.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
How do I toggle the unit display from bar to psi. From metric to standard basically. I can't read spanish, or Japanese :)

Thanx to baldtaco, I am now an ATR owner and lost mofo....

I had seen screen shots and heard the lingo. After looking at some of the settings... I have more questions than answers. I think this maybe equal to teaching a parrot to swim...

My first question....
How the heck does this thing know exhaust valve temp? How does it know exhaust flange temp ? How does it know the pressure ratio ?

It has a wideband after the map sensor, THAT IS IT, how can it possibly know those things?

I don't even know where to start to increase the boost everywhere. I'm glad i have a pro tuner on this case, but dang... Its complex.
Welcome to the party! The ECU uses complex models and algorithms based on very highly paid engineers that write patents and make magical functions. What your exposed to is only a fraction of what is actually inside the ECU and is an interpretation of our discoveries and analysis of these functions. There are a ton of really cool patent documents on Google patent search that can be read for a more in depth information on some of these functions. Unfortunately the docs are very high level and aren't going to match the code verbatim so it takes a lot of reverse engineering and code analysis to understand how the car uses the sensor information.

That's my full time job, figuring all this out and making sure we provide the highest quality tuning solution for your Ford vehicle. Feel free to ask questions if you get lost, it's a lot to take in!

Cheers,
Braden @ COBB

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Its an awesome product... After using it for the last couple weeks, I'm extremely impressed. Pretty sure I could wear the car out by the time I actually tuned every angle of the ecu, lol.