Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which 3 inch exhaust has the least drone?

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I'm a little confused now about the system that you are currently testing, and are going to offer on a group buy/produce;

Is this aluminum, or 304 stainless, or some combination of the two?? [???:)] [dunno]
If you read the DHM exhaust thread it's a all 304" system. The optional dumps will be alum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you read the DHM exhaust thread it's a all 304" system. The optional dumps will be alum.
OK, THANK YOU, as I was wondering why it was not much lighter than you've stated, now it makes sense. ;)

Will there ever be an all aluminum system, set up the same way with v-bands and all, or would the cost just be way too prohibitive for the weight saved??

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You want a stainless steel exhaust, not aluminum.
^^^When I made this same exact statement in the recent past, I got BLASTED on here by those saying it is perfectly fine to have an all aluminum system, and that many high end exhausts ARE made out of this material. [dunno]

rapid oxidation, rapid transfer of heat, turning brittle... go aluminum if you want

There are much better ways to lose weight, exhaust piping isn't a great place to look. True, some mufflers can be much heavier than others, but just shop that.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
rapid oxidation, rapid transfer of heat, turning brittle... go aluminum if you want

There are much better ways to lose weight, exhaust piping isn't a great place to look. True, some mufflers can be much heavier than others, but just shop that.
I STILL tend to agree with this^^^ above, but some supposedly very 'in the know' people/vendors on here most definitely do NOT. [???:)]