Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which 3 inch exhaust has the least drone?

Based

I know with 3" exhausts it's kind of unavoidable to have some sort of drone but I'm wondering which one has the least drone. Is it the Nexxus?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
The one you like best... But, seriously, it's pretty subjective. I have the aluminized MBRP, and I don't get any drone. I've been told/read that cp-e doesn't drone, and sooner or later DHM will have their lightweight aluminum exhaust with no drone.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Edit: mine is cat-back resonated on stock downpipe. I love it, but I won't road trip with it.

I read the same about cp-e. I bought one with
and it drones like crazy on the hwy at 3k rpm. Its actually difficult to talk via blue tooth.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #4
The one you like best... But, seriously, it's pretty subjective. I have the aluminized MBRP, and I don't get any drone. I've been told/read that cp-e doesn't drone, and sooner or later DHM will have their lightweight aluminum exhaust with no drone.
Is DHM really making an exhaust?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've asked MANY times about this with no response. [:(]

I may have heard somewhere on here that if/when they do, it will be as much as, if not a little more than what the Tomei titanium (IF it is ever released, and a BIG IF at that, it seems) is projected to cost, but could be a little bit lighter yet.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
To be clear and precise: There is, at least, one in existence.

I can't say DHM WILL without a doubt go into production, because I don't know that. I just know one exists. My previous post contains poor word choices. Instead of "DHM will have," I should have said "DHM may have" or something similar to the latter. My apologies if I caused any confusion.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #7
To be clear and precise: There is, at least, one in existence.

I can't say DHM WILL without a doubt go into production, because I don't know that. I just know one exists. My previous post contains poor word choices. Instead of "DHM will have," I should have said "DHM may have" or something similar to the latter. My apologies if I caused any confusion.
Man I was going to get something for myself this Christmas but I guess I will wait. The CPE intake is not available for 2016 Fiesta ST's, and now I want to wait to see if DHM will make a crazy good exhaust.

Bringing this up from the basement.

I have an Ultimate Racing 3".
http://www.ultimate-racing.com/coll...haust/products/fiesta-st-2014-catback-exhaust

Good quality piece, with no drone at standard cruising speeds. My setup has the resonator option, and the 3" turndown. Good looking welds, and a good polish to it.

Just my $.02
Never heard of the company, but looks like a nice piece. $850 is steep though...

Bringing this up from the basement.

I have an Ultimate Racing 3".
http://www.ultimate-racing.com/coll...haust/products/fiesta-st-2014-catback-exhaust

Good quality piece, with no drone at standard cruising speeds. My setup has the resonator option, and the 3" turndown. Good looking welds, and a good polish to it.

Just my $.02
Never heard of the company, but looks like a nice piece. $850 is steep though...

I agree about the price, however, I picked the system up used, and for the quality and tone of it, the price was worth it. Even if I was to be purchasing an exhaust new, this price would be justified by the unit itself. On prior cars, I've spent well over a grand on the exhaust, so $850-900 is still reasonable....

I am testing the DHM stainless Fist exhaust now and it is awesome. No drone. Had on for a day so far and have for about 4 more days of testing. Deep tone. Quiet when it needs to be. I am old and hate if things are too loud. lol. Will have a write up on this soon and Russ will go into production within a few weeks I suspect. He will be going a group buy.

John

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #13
I am testing the DHM stainless Fist exhaust now and it is awesome. No drone. Had on for a day so far and have for about 4 more days of testing. Deep tone. Quiet when it needs to be. I am old and hate if things are too loud. lol. Will have a write up on this soon and Russ will go into production within a few weeks I suspect. He will be going a group buy.

John
I can't wait to buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John
I'm glad you like it. I'm considering that as an option if i upgrade the current system. My only gripe with the current setup, is that it's too quiet when I'm trying to autocross. I got the system from a friend locally who I had run his car a few times at local events. I think I'm going to hack off the rear muffler and put a test pipe section on a v-band setup and see if that's any better.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I'm glad you like it. I'm considering that as an option if i upgrade the current system. My only gripe with the current setup, is that it's too quiet when I'm trying to autocross. I got the system from a friend locally who I had run his car a few times at local events. I think I'm going to hack off the rear muffler and put a test pipe section on a v-band setup and see if that's any better.
Our kit is all vband and will have alum dump options. You can go to the track take one clamp off and pop the dump on in less time than it was to jack the car up!!

Russ

Our kit is all vband and will have alum dump options. You can go to the track take one clamp off and pop the dump on in less time than it was to jack the car up!!

Russ
I see that, and if it were drag racing, I'd be all over that. The issue I run into, is the rules for SCCA solo classing requires the exhaust to exit in the factory location, so just a simple dump after the DP isn't an option. If you had a test pipe to the rear section on your setup, that would be MINT!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I agree about the price, however, I picked the system up used, and for the quality and tone of it, the price was worth it. Even if I was to be purchasing an exhaust new, this price would be justified by the unit itself. On prior cars, I've spent well over a grand on the exhaust, so $850-900 is still reasonable....
I agree and LIKE the looks of this system as well! [thumb]

I REALLY like that turn down tip option, and IF they will sell it to me as a separate piece, I will have it stainless welded onto the extra cp-e BIG single tip tail pipe piece I bought used from Haste, cutting off the huge 'can' tip from cp-e of course. [wink]

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I see that, and if it were drag racing, I'd be all over that. The issue I run into, is the rules for SCCA solo classing requires the exhaust to exit in the factory location, so just a simple dump after the DP isn't an option. If you had a test pipe to the rear section on your setup, that would be MINT!
We will have a turn down option for the axle back!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Russ
I'm a little confused now about the system that you are currently testing, and are going to offer on a group buy/produce;

Is this aluminum, or 304 stainless, or some combination of the two?? [???:)] [dunno]

We will have a turn down option for the axle back!

Outstanding! Now you really have perked my interest. Will it be just replacing the rear section with a straight pipe and a turndown, or is it a seperate exhaust?
I would assume if you have all the jigs set up to weld these together, putting a straight piece in place of the rear muffler(resonator) would be a piece of cake.
Also, for those of us going for more of a stealthy look, any chance of getting a turndown at the back instead of a polished tip? ;)

Thanks for the constant R&D in areas where other companies may just quit after a piece has been initially offered.