Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New DHM 3" Vband Exhaust!

Trader history for Based (0)

Based

DHM 3" Vband Exhaust System (Prototype)

DHM 3" Exhaust System Sound Clips

[video=vimeo;198706071]https://vimeo.com/198706071[/video]

[video=vimeo;198931903]https://vimeo.com/198931903[/video]

DHM1

1000 Post Club
We will have our prototype done in less than 2 weeks. We will have sound clips then to. From there it will be a max of 10weeks to ship to customers. We will do a group buy about 5weeks in.

All thin wall stainless, TRUE 3" design, dual vband so it's super easy install and you can take the center section out and put a dump on in less than 5min. Dual 3" straight resonators. Single tip. It will sound amazing and have no drone in the car

[HR][/HR]
DHM 3" Vband Exhaust System (Prototype)

DHM 3" Exhaust System Sound Clips

[video=vimeo;198706071]https://vimeo.com/198706071[/video]

[video=vimeo;198931903]https://vimeo.com/198931903[/video]

We will have our prototype done in less than 2 weeks. We will have sound clips then to. From there it will be a max of 10weeks to ship to customers. We will do a group buy about 5weeks in.

All thin wall stainless, TRUE 3" design, dual vband so it's super easy install and you can take the center section out and put a dump on in less than 5min. Dual 3" straight resonators. Single tip. It will sound amazing and have no drone in the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any ideas on pricing yet for the group buy?

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #5
Not sure yet. Retail will be in the $799-899 hopefully. Group buy will be a hot deal 15-20% off

Russ

any idea on what it'll weigh?

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #7
Hoping even with twin resonators it will be in the 23-26lb area

what is the stock exhaust weight?

DHM1

1000 Post Club
what is the stock exhaust weight?
31-32lbs. The goal is to be a little less weight but also support big power and sounds epic.

Also for those that Drag race or have an event that doesn't have noise violations you can take it off and put the dump on. Then super light.

Russ

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #9
31-32lbs. The goal is to be a little less weight but also support big power and sounds epic.

Also for those that Drag race or have an event that doesn't have noise violations you can take it off and put the dump on. Then super light.

Russ

I feel ya on that. Me and my money will be patiently waiting.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Not sure yet. Retail will be in the $799-899 hopefully. Group buy will be a hot deal 15-20% off

Russ
You gave up on the aluminum tubing idea?

That's still a very good price for a high quality, solid, multi-configurable, 3" stainless system, which overall is more durable than aluminum tubing could ever be. [thumb] [cool]

Sounds remarkably simliar to what I was planning on building for mine since I hadn't seen anything on the market yet that quite fit the bill, glad I was holding off 'til spring regardless. Can't wait to see the product :) Have you done any sound testing yet? Just curious of a rough ballpark dB level.

^ Enh... personally I was never crazy about the idea of an aluminum exhaust regardless of the weight savings, especially on a turbo'd car.

....I hope shipping to Canukistan isn't crippling.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^ Enh... personally I was never crazy about the idea of an aluminum exhaust regardless of the weight savings, especially on a turbo'd car.
^^TOTALLY agreed!!

That's why I was so shocked to hear that they were even considering all aluminum tubing for our app, (and especially for the BT/high power setups) in the first place!

DHM1

1000 Post Club
You gave up on the aluminum tubing idea?

That's still a very good price for a high quality, solid, multi-configurable, 3" stainless system, which overall is more durable than aluminum tubing could ever be. [thumb] [cool]
As soon as we can source the alum mufflers we will do that exhaust too! Alum is an amazing material if used properly. I have 3 Fiestas with our alum exhaust and not one issue yet. It's every common in the Evo, Supra, and GTR market. I have been making alum exhaust systems for 5-6 years.

The stainless kit we are talking about here will be a epic set up for so many people.

Russ

DHM1

1000 Post Club
What's wrong with aluminum?
Nothing at all if done right like I said above. The company that I trust to use their materials is coming out with a new alum muffler and we are waiting for that

Thermal expansion, galvanic corrosion, lack of heat resistance among other things. I've seen it done and not fail many times before, but that doesn't mean I have to like or agree with it. Different materials for different applications, aluminum and exhaust are not one, IMO.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thermal expansion, galvanic corrosion, lack of heat resistance among other things. I've seen it done and not fail many times before, but that doesn't mean I have to like or agree with it. Different materials for different applications, aluminum and exhaust are not one, IMO.
^^^Yes, THIS, but, IF Russ has found and sourced a new, latest/greatest form of aluminum alloy tubing which can stand up to all of the above and MORE, then all the power to him! [thumb]

The one thing I do not understand about the material (unless this new alloy addresses this issue?) is that for an exhaust system to be maximally efficient/high flowing, it MUST hold the heat IN the system, NOT dissipate it to the ambient air.

Most aluminum alloys I know of do just that, let the heat out of the tubing MUCH quicker than any type of steel, or even titanium alloys (which yes, I know, do contain large amounts of aluminum in their compounds). [???:)]

HOW is this addressed, or is it just a 'write off' of a little less flow, and therefore power, in order to have a featherweight system? [dunno]

DHM1

1000 Post Club
the exhaust sounds amazing except for the single tip, any chance of offering a single or dual option?
Nope they will all be single tip. It may be removal so you could possibly swap it.

Russ