Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

coneklr tiny pumpkin of fury build

Can't remember if I asked. Did you do much trimming for the front liners? I only had 205-45 winters and they rubbed like crazy.

Big fan of how this Fist is put together. Just enough stuff done to it yet nothing unnecessary. Would you happen to know do the Tarmacs save any weight over the factory wheels with your summer tire set up?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Big fan of how this Fist is put together. Just enough stuff done to it yet nothing unnecessary.
AGREED 100%! [thumb]

Would you happen to know do the Tarmacs save any weight over the factory wheels with your summer tire set up?

The Tarmacs themselves are ~0.5 lb. lighter than the factory wheels (I believe).

Tires are all over the place, with sometimes larger/taller tires weighing LESS than shorter/narrower ones.

But the 500s in the size coneklr chose are 1 lb. heavier than the factory size Potenzas, so ~ a 0.5 lb. net weight gain per wheel/tire combo over factory stock.

But remember, these wheels are 1" WIDER THAN the stockers, so there is that benefit for their weight, as much as everyone on here thinks the weight is ALL that EVER matters at all.

Cheers, shame I can't seem to find a wheel that saves a bit of weight that I like (whithout down sizing). Contemplating the wilwood bbk so believe I gotta stick with 17s which are not optimal for winter months... Coneklr sorry for the clutter in your thread.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Cheers, shame I can't seem to find a wheel that saves a bit of weight that I like (whithout down sizing). Contemplating the wilwood bbk so believe I gotta stick with 17s which are not optimal for winter months... Coneklr sorry for the clutter in your thread.
The Hypergrams (Koenig) weigh ~16.5 lbs. in a 17x8 ET42, but they have a 73mm center bore, requiring a hubcentric ring, and they are kind of a 'love them or hate them' style, and are only currently available in that matte grey color.

My Pro Race 1.2s are ~19.5 lbs. in a 17x8 ET42 with OUR correct size center bore, and I LOVE the way they look, even on a stock height car, in gloss black on a Magnetic color FiST, with wide(r) 215/40-17 RS-RRs on them.
I even got a compliment from two 'coal rollin' bros' in a Ram Cummins pickup yesterday at a stoplight, thumbs up and all. [:)]

OP
C
Thread Starter #53
Big fan of how this Fist is put together. Just enough stuff done to it yet nothing unnecessary. Would you happen to know do the Tarmacs save any weight over the factory wheels with your summer tire set up?
Sorry missed your post somehow, apparently I do not have post notifications turned on for my own thread ha! Thanks for the compliments! I have a couple bigger items planned for this summer but might be a slow modding summer. Kids in daycare and tons of things going on ha!

I thought I saw somewhere they were roughly a lb a wheel lighter than stock and an 1" wider. 'macs arent lightweight wheels but they are friggin strong and I never worry about a pothole.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That car looks SO well 'put together' as it sits!! [thumb]

I love how the MO looks so red in certain lighting/pics especially when it's super detailed, like that. [:)]

OP
C
Thread Starter #58
Supa clean - very nice!
That car looks SO well 'put together' as it sits!! [thumb]

I love how the MO looks so red in certain lighting/pics especially when it's super detailed, like that. [:)]
Thanks Guys! When I bought it I didnt let the dealer touch it and immediately coated it for winter but never did any type of actual detail on it. I was pretty impressed with how few scratches and swirls it had so only did a 2 stage correction on the hood, fenders and bumper and then the rest was a single stage polish. Then did the two coatings of Oracle. Adds a ton of depth to the paint and keeps it from getting swirled so easily. I am actually pretty impressed with the paint on this car for a 20k car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am actually pretty impressed with the paint on this car for a 20k car.
Same here. [thumb]

I don't understand everyone dissing the crap out of the paint on our cars. [???:)]

Maybe they're all used to dealing with exotics/hypercars which damn well BETTER HAVE beyond belief paint jobs on them? [dunno]