Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I've got a dyno appointment set and have a dumb question. I am just doing 3 pulls. Can I start at "Stage 0" move to "Stage 2 OTS" and then end on my Tune+ tune? To be clear I know that I can, but is it fairly accurate that way as opposed to 3 pulls on one tune?

Thanks ahead of time. I look forward to posting my numbers.

Posted this in the ATP BT thread last week:

I have the ATP 2554 kit. Other power mods are 2jr DP (no cat) to Cobb CBE with cutout, Levels intercooler, Injen intake. The shop that I go to have a 'heartbreaker dyno', it is true wheel HP with no corrections, hence lower numbers.

With the intake and factory tune, it put down 165WHP. With the intake and stage 1 OTS tune, it put down 171WHP with a bump in low end torque. Factory tires, 205/40/17s.

After running around stage 3 with a e-tune, I wanted more power. Ended up going with a full recirc system b/c I'm tired out PSSSHHHTTTT every shift around town. The 2554 put out 179WHP on the stage 3 e-tune, no graph though. This was done on RE71s, 205/45/17.

The two dynoruns are a year apart, but the air temp and humidy were within 4F/% of each other. If factory numbers are correct, 165whp/197crankhp=0.837 for drive train loss of 16.3%. If those numbers stay correct, 241.9WHP x 1.163= 281 crank HP. In the interest of full disclosure, the factory dyno pull was on the standard 205/40/17, the big(ger) turbo tires were 205/45/17 RE 71s.

It was dyno tuned have it set @ 19PSI. Looking at the compressor map, this puts it in the tail end of a 68% efficiency table at a pressure ratio of 2.25. I shake my head when I see people running 22+PSI with this turbo. Too many people get focused on PSI, MOAR BOOOST. I had to re-educate myself on flow rates and that PSI is not the cure-all for more power. I suggest you re-evaluate your tune if you are running outside a good efficiency rating. The Levels intercooler keeps up with new turbo without a hitch despite what others might say; a 1-3 pull yielded 12F increase (84F to 96F). This MUCH better than what I would run with the factory turbo tuned at 24PSI. At that PSI, it was just heating up air and overloading the FMIC.

http://www.datazap.me/u/localbacon/log-1462989288?log=1&data=3-4-5-9-12-24

For my car and altitude (14.4psi), it would have done no good for me too run 20-plus pounds of boost. My tuner said he could get close to 255WHP, but I value reliability over 10-15 more WHP. It a nut shell, less power below 3K, but it comes alive above 3K. The 2554 will spool to about 10PSI below 3k and goes up rapidly from there. This is mainly an autocross car and I have not problem with the lower power below 3K. It actually helps that I'm not spinning the tires with a buttload of low end torque like the factory turbo. I have yet to take it to the 1/4, but it pulls on my friends factory Focus ST very well...

And my favorite shoot for the 2015 autox season:

Awwwww yea.

Do you know what your car made for power completely stock on that dyno?
Sadly no. I was too focused spending my money on parts lol. I wish I would have though. Everyone at the shop was impressed. Waiting for my ethanol test tube to arrive and then will shoot you an email to let the real fun begin!

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
205hp with 239tq "stock" and 219hp with 277tq on Livernois Motorsports 91 octane tune (with 92 octane). This was on a Dynocom dyno on a 65* day.

Mods on the dyno:
- Cobb drop in air filter
- CFM symposer delete and valve cover breather
- Mishimoto OCC
- Mountune lower hard charge pipe
- Denso ITV22 spark plugs

fST

Well hit the dyno today. Pretty freakin happy. 200whp 275wtq. 93oct Tune+ tune. Will hopefully be going e30 shortly. Pic and Video attached.

https://youtu.be/NzkWe0IM-A4
Adam [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION]

Can you explain what's happening at around 3k RPMs (it looks like) in regards to the HP and TQ dips in his graph? Is that indicative of an issue somewhere? The same dip is being seen in other dynos of other tunes and there is a discussion as to what is causing it and whether or not it's a concern. Thanks!

Adam [MENTION=3805]Tune+[/MENTION]

Can you explain what's happening at around 3k RPMs (it looks like) in regards to the HP and TQ dips in his graph? Is that indicative of an issue somewhere? The same dip is being seen in other dynos of other tunes and there is a discussion as to what is causing it and whether or not it's a concern. Thanks!
Could be two things:

1.) Wastegate snap - This could be a result of the wastegate snapping back and forth due to the weak spring in the stock actuator. Peak boost is when it is working the hardest to go from "spooling" to "controlling" and the wastegate will open and close from rapid movement causing the boost to wave at this point.

2.) ETC Closure - This is more than likely what you are seeing. Most datalogs for tuning are done in 3rd gear for safety on the street, 4th gear is what is mostly used on the dyno. The higher gear creates greater load which can cause a little bit of "extra" boost. The ETC will close if load or tip is clipped to keep everything in check.

That dip will not be prevalent on the street as you will never have the need to floor it in 4th gear at 1,500rpms. This scenario will only be present on a dyno.

Hope that helps.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Mods: Cobb fmic, catback, intake, rmm, and ap.
Tune+e30 tune
82,000miles 2014 only owner.
Shop temp was 92F.
runs in 4th gear 5min apart
AP showed 110f intake and charge temps at the beginning of each run. Datalogs were sent to Adam so hopefully if the guy didn't flub the logging process they can be posted up. Ill leave it up to him though.