Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gotcha. That is a ton of power under the curve there, so it really doesn't matter where you shift!
It does still, higher RPM through lower gears multiply torque, compared to shifting to a higher gear and staying at lower RPM. That's why the HP goes up even though the torque goes down - the engine is doing more work in the same period of time.

Think of it as a power-lifter hoisting a 200 lb load with a pulley that is 2:1 versus a cross-fitter using a 4:1 pulley. Power-lifter moves 100 lb with each pull, and the other guy moves 50 lb, but each pull moves the load a shorter distance. If he manages enough "pulls per minute" he will reel it up faster. So either one can win if he simply does more work than the other guy in the same period of time. Eventually they will both get there but in racing we consider the car that took the least amount of time to accomplish something a winner.

Basically between different engines and gear ratios it can be done either way, but for the SAME engine and set of gear ratios, having more usable RPM is always a good thing in terms of doing more work (but not necessarily economy, reliability, co$t, complexity, noise) If he can get more up top out of it, maybe he should. But there are bottlenecks that you can't tune out of existence. Maybe a rock hit the exhaust and there's a huge dent... [tongue]

CSM, your dyno is freakishly similar to mine.

Mods - Mishimoto intake, 'Cobb-style' knockoff catback, Whoosh V1 Intercooler, Self-tuned with AccessTuner. Fuel a mix of 1 gal E85, 1.5 gal of Sunoco GTX 100, and the remainder 91 Octane E10 (making ~E15 @ 94 octane). Dynoed at an elevation of 5400 feet.

FiestaDyno.JPG

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Mods - Mishimoto intake, 'Cobb-style' knockoff catback, Whoosh V1 Intercooler, Self-tuned with AccessTuner. Fuel a mix of 1 gal E85, 1.5 gal of Sunoco GTX 100, and the remainder 91 Octane E10 (making ~E15 @ 94 octane). Dynoed at an elevation of 5400 feet.

View attachment 19560

Landscape that Picture....My neck hurts...[thumb]

CSM

1000 Post Club

View attachment 19561
Thats awesome!!!! At some point I think I am going to do hybrid upgrade. I love the car now but wish it had more "go" after the 5k-5.5k RPM mark.

Also your dyno was done about 5k feet elevation so thats pretty awesome numbers! I lived in Fort Collins for 3 years, I sure miss CO

CSM

1000 Post Club
Reviving from dead. Finally got around to installing the X37. Mitch@CP-E did the install and tuning. Here are the results:

****Before everyone gets in a tizzy about how these numbers are low, realize these are mustang dyno numbers which measure lower than Dynojet.***

- Baseline (Dizzy V2 93) - 170hp/226tq (I had previously dyno'd this setup on a dynojet at 200hp/285tq)
- X37 (93) - 219hp/246tq
- X37 (E30) - 234hp/262 tq

If I were to go back to the previous dyno the car would probably make about 258hp on 93 and 275hp on E30. So right in the ballpark of what to expect from this little turbo. I love it...car absolutely rips now and pulls hard to redline. Very happy with the power level and honestly wouldn't want any more for my needs.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Reviving from dead. Finally got around to installing the X37. Mitch@CP-E did the install and tuning. Here are the results:

****Before everyone gets in a tizzy about how these numbers are low, realize these are mustang dyno numbers which measure lower than Dynojet.***

- Baseline (Dizzy V2 93) - 170hp/226tq (I had previously dyno'd this setup on a dynojet at 200hp/285tq)
- X37 (93) - 219hp/246tq
- X37 (E30) - 234hp/262 tq

If I were to go back to the previous dyno the car would probably make about 258hp on 93 and 275hp on E30. So right in the ballpark of what to expect from this little turbo. I love it...car absolutely rips now and pulls hard to redline. Very happy with the power level and honestly wouldn't want any more for my needs.
Thanks for the X37 charts! Personally, I think of it as nostalgia to early hybrids, it's just weird when I make 224/300, corrected, with a stock turbo on e30. If I keep this car I'm going x47, I think that's gonna be the sweet spot between power and keeping fast spool.

danbfree

3000 Post Club

View attachment 16432
Can you explain more on your choice of fuel mix? Do you just feel more comfortable going no higher ethanol level than e15 in your tank?

Finally did a baseline dyno run at evans Tuning in Pa. A littlw bass ackwards but Cobb stage I 93 tune with cp-e 3 inch catless down pipe and full 3 inch Thermal R&D turbo back exhaust. Car is a 2018 with 10K on it. Hub dyno results 263.5 tq at 2654 and 189.3 hp at 5164. I have all the cp-e goodies for the intake with their FMIC and all plumbing. That is next and will do a full stage 3 tune to max out the stock turbo. Based on how it comes out and drives I'll decide if I want a hybrid upgrade. To me drivability far outweighs max HP. I'll happily trade 50 hp on top for mega low/midrange tq. Although I do have a brandy new AET TC waiting ready t go. Got it from Ron at Whoosh. Regardless an LSD is going in. I''l do one post when all is in. Thanks, Stan

Whoosh hyrbid
CPE intercooler
Hard piping
Full 3 inch exhaust
Stock air box
K&N filter and mountune intake tube.
Dyno was on e30 but in the wrong map slot lol 😂
NICE thats the low end profile let alone the big mid/top hit that I would like but No alcohol. I have the vt330 R profile will shift the bottom to far up the curve for me but bought already. Thanks, Stan

Figured id post this up engine lasted for a year on this setup before piston #3 cracked. dyno on 93 was 21psi stock fuel system (we ran out of fuel at 275whp) e50+aux was at 28psi. gtx2860r atp kit,fbo, strat 4 port aux fuel. PHUL Performance shop fiesta.
received_248841449348459.jpeg

Ouch !! aside from grenading thats a whole bunch of juice. I had heard that over 350 its a crap shoot if you don't have a built engine. If I do a TC I'll stick around the 280-300 range. Did you fix it ? RU in Vt. ?