Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Lets get everyone who has dyno'd their Fiesta to post there dyno chart/number. Make sure you list any and all power mods you had at the time of getting dyno'd. I'll Start!

FSwerks Cool Flo Intake, Milltek catless DP, custom 2.5" exhaust, COBB AP with Stage 1 v.100 OTS tune.
194whp/250wtq

airjor13

2000 Post Club

188 WHP / 250 WTQ @ 5000 miles
COBB Stage 1 v100 93 OTS , FSWERKS exhaust on Mustang Dyno @ cp-e

190 WHP / 263 WTQ @ 1700 miles
COBB Stage 1 v100 93 OTS on Dynojet Dyno @ Mach V Motorsports

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I wonder how you were able to pop that 250 mark in the one dyno. 90% of the dyno sheets I have seen are like at 250 dead on because of that stupid torque targeting part of the stage 1 tune.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I wonder how you were able to pop that 250 mark in the one dyno. 90% of the dyno sheets I have seen are like at 250 dead on because of that stupid torque targeting part of the stage 1 tune.
I have no idea lol, it's by far the most freakish stage 1 WTQ numbers [raceflag]

When I was running 93 v100 I was peaking around 275wtq and staying at 250ish. I'm gonna try and get a video of it.

-ry

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
When I was running 93 v100 I was peaking 275wtq and staying so 250ish. I'm gonna try and get a video of it.

-ry
On an actual dyno, or just the AP? Because the AP told me I had 355tq the other day lol

Really,no way ,wow. Yea I'm going off AP. How can it be so off if it's reading off the OBD. Can you Show a vid of it showing 335, that's nuts!
I really think the AP isn't far off,when Im driving I watch it a lot closely, and if I'm not wot it stays around 220-230 so it's right to me,I would think

-ry

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Really,no way ,wow. Yea I'm going off AP. How can it be so off if it's reading off the OBD. Can you Show a vid of it showing 335, that's nuts!
I really think the AP isn't far off,when Im driving I watch it a lot closely, and if I'm not wot it stays around 220-230 so it's right to me,I would think
-ry
I might be wrong, but I think the AP is reading off engine TQ numbers from sensors or calculations not actual WTQ numbers

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Ya I have no idea. The AP spikes numbers on tq and boost, so take those readings with a grain of salt.
355 tq at the engine would make more sense.

So Steady 20.5 boost is incorrect for our cars cause that's what my AP is showing,going down to 19.5 sometimes. What should it be then?

-ry

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
No no, 20.5 is fine, but some people see crazy spikes of like 500psi. It def tapers off more than 1 psi. I think its supposed to drop to about 13.5psi by redline

Those boost numbers are correct within 0.5 psi. I get spikes up to 21.7 psi on 93 v.101 and it settles around 20.5. The torque figures your AP puts out are a load of crap as Colin said. It's all based on sensors and don't tell you what's going on at the wheels. Even dynos can give you some wonky numbers as no two are identical in calibration. Mustang vs. Dynojet has been raging forever as to which one gives true readings.

Some prefer one over the other and there really is no clear winner. The best thing to do is stick with one type, make a few good runs, i.e. go a couple of times but try and keep the same parameters (same basic temp, barometric pressure, altitude) and average your best runs from each session to discover the most accurate numbers.

I really doubt anyone is pushing much over 250 at the wheels with Stage 1 at this point unless they've made adjustments using AccessTuner. Intakes, exhausts, and FMICs all help a little at this point but until Stage 3 and Pro Tunes are available, the power increases will not be mindblowing. Keep an eye out on what ATP does in the near future...the key to unlocking shocking power in our cars will be a turbo upgrade due to the lack of flexibility inherent to the KP39.

Also, cams will be another big step and something I look forward to bigtime. I have no clue how much our stock internals will be able to deal with but forged bits will probably be needed above 300 whp. Look at the British WRC teams running Fiestas with 1.6 blocks. It's do-able but serious attention needs to be paid to strengthening the oily bits.

There, I've spoken my peace now no more silly talk about "well my AP says I'm putting out THIS much torque!"

airjor13

2000 Post Club
@SpooledUpST, well the dyno doesn't lie, 3 repeat runs back to back over 250 WTQ on a Dyno-Jet, that is unless you are talking about WHP.

It's possible to get extra whp and wtq with other supporting mods but I don't think stage 1 with just AP and filter can go over that.

OP
Colin1337

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
I don't think stage 1 in general can break 250tq, maybe the v1.01 but who knows

There, I've spoken my peace now no more silly talk about "well my AP says I'm putting out THIS much torque!"
Uhhh ok? So shoot me bc I kept saying what my AP was reading out when everything else it gauges seems right on the money. I never once phrased my wording "well my AP says this sooo". I was always stating it bc no one would explain why with fist's with more mods than me weren't getting higher tq numbers or the same. I was trying to understand. [pcpunch]

Edit: I really dont care what anyone thinks,and I mean that in a non rude way. I really feel that the AP can't be to far off the tq gauge numbers. Because now like I stated w/v101 in peaking 250 and settling 220-230 so with my tune and intake it's actually pretty darn close. Even more proof is that guys with more mods aren't breaking 250 so it's a stage 1 barrier/hold issue.
-ry

airjor13

2000 Post Club

Joking aside guys, let's all get this thread back to what Colin intended it to be, please post your DYNO charts along with mods if you have them!

Cheers and lets all drink some virtual beers and get back on topic! [drinking]

Joking aside guys, let's all get this thread back to what Colin intended it to be, please post your DYNO charts along with mods if you have them!

Cheers and lets all drink some virtual beers and get back on topic! [drinking]
Hahaha. Well "heee started iiittt"

- ry