Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

16x7.5 Advanti Racing Storms 4x100 13Lbs

What rooting around on the miata forums and I found this wheel. So close to everyone's 16x8 wish! Including myself. I had the 15x8 version on my Miata at one point. Really a nice wheel.

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Performance-Part/61-2054.html

Advanti Racing's new Flow Formed line of wheels are STRONGER and LIGHTER than most choices!

*16x7.5

*4x100

*ET35

*Weight ~13 pounds.

Takes a 73mm hubcentric ring also available on this site. The flow formed process results in a product that is stronger/lighter than lesser casting methods. Most everything else in this price range is gravity cast, pressure cast, or low pressure cast with heat treatment.

ABOUT ADVANTI RACING: Advanti Racing wheels was established in the mid 1990s. Their racing experience includes supplier and sponsor of the Formula One Scuderia Toro Rosso team, among others, and that experience is reflected in the quality wheels they produce. Each wheel is designed and engineered in-house by YHI Manufacturing to the highest quality and testing standards, including JWL, JWL-T, VIA and TUV.

Flow Formed Production Technique results in stronger and more dense final product with less weight than lesser casting methods.

Note we recommend our numerous lug choices with any of our new wheels, stock lugs are too short and fat. Unlike the short and fat stock lugs that will result in scratching new wheels, all our replacement lugs have the socket tool bottom on the lug rather than the wheel surface and are longer for more engagement with stud surface, so they also stay tighter.

If someone has already posted this I apologize.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF they were a FULL 16x8, and a 4x108 PCD, they would not be able to keep them in stock from the demand just from THIS site alone!! [wink]

OP
Turboman17
Thread Starter #3
Oh how I know! I know me and many others have requested them 949 and gotten a hard NO! I am hoping the ND Miata will bring more options out. I am just un-sure how hard it is to change the bolt pattern on a flow formed wheel.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I think there's way more demand for 4x100. Did a search on craigslist and the difference between wheels available for the 4x100 and 4x108 is like night and day.

I can understand why they don't do it. I just wish Ford would switch to 4x100...

OP
Turboman17
Thread Starter #6
Not to bump this thread but here is the email I received from Advanti today. Makes me really excited!

"Hello and thank you for your interest,

We have plans on bringing in the 16" Racing Storms S1 by Spring of 2017. As far as a 16x8 option, we have only placed orders with the factory for 16x7.5 and 16x9. Look for these wheels in a 16x7.5 and 16x9 because we will have the 4x108 available."

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm guessing there is NO WAY to make those 16x9s work for our cars, regardless of offset, without MAJOR surgery to fenders/liners/etc.?? [dunno] [:(]

OP
Turboman17
Thread Starter #10
I'm guessing there is NO WAY to make those 16x9s work for our cars, regardless of offset, without MAJOR surgery to fenders/liners/etc.?? [dunno] [:(]
Yeah based on what I have read it will be a challenge. Further than just rolling or pulling fenders. Doesn't mean that I don't want to still try!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Unless the 16x9 has something like a -60 offset they will not fit the rear unless you cut and weld in new higher rear fender openings then put on flares or change the rear camber and roll and pull.

The other way and easier but still a bit of a challenge for most is to change the rear camber, properly made shims which is a serious endeavor and being looked into will be easy, cutting and welding the axle flanges as I did a long time ago is a very serious issue to say the least.

I have 14 and had 4 other 15x9 wheels for this car so have a pretty good idea of what it takes to run that wide a wheel regardless of diameter.

Though 16x8 would be optimal a 16x7.5 low weight wheel is still a great option:)

I am surprised to see the Storms released in 16x7.5 as was informed nearly a year ago they would be coming out in 16x7, 8 and 9, I guess it was a compromise to go in between 7 and 8.

In case anybody does not know the Storms are flow formed so very strong, Advanti is also part of Konig which makes other flow formed wheels and there regular cast wheels are well made also.

4x100 conversion is a relatively easy mod that is very easy to revert back to 4x108 if ever needed.

Great to hear more low weight, high quality and reasonable priced wheels are coming out, not likely to be a flood of them as the demand is not there but at least some options in 4x108 now:)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is a 225/45-16 on a 16x7.5 still considered "no good" as far as the 'stretchies' on here are concerned (or are those tires even on an 8" wide wheel STILL not 'enough' wheel poking outside of the tire's bead for them)?? [dunno]

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Unless the 16x9 has something like a -60 offset they will not fit the rear unless you cut and weld in new higher rear fender openings then put on flares or change the rear camber and roll and pull.

The other way and easier but still a bit of a challenge for most is to change the rear camber, properly made shims which is a serious endeavor and being looked into will be easy, cutting and welding the axle flanges as I did a long time ago is a very serious issue to say the least.

I have 14 and had 4 other 15x9 wheels for this car so have a pretty good idea of what it takes to run that wide a wheel regardless of diameter.

Though 16x8 would be optimal a 16x7.5 low weight wheel is still a great option:)

I am surprised to see the Storms released in 16x7.5 as was informed nearly a year ago they would be coming out in 16x7, 8 and 9, I guess it was a compromise to go in between 7 and 8.

In case anybody does not know the Storms are flow formed so very strong, Advanti is also part of Konig which makes other flow formed wheels and there regular cast wheels are well made also.

4x100 conversion is a relatively easy mod that is very easy to revert back to 4x108 if ever needed.

Great to hear more low weight, high quality and reasonable priced wheels are coming out, not likely to be a flood of them as the demand is not there but at least some options in 4x108 now:)
Thanks for the info! This is exactly what I was wondering.

OP
Turboman17
Thread Starter #15
As coming from the Miata world in racing, a square wheel and tire setup is always the go to for most people and what I run 15x9 and 225 series tires. But I am wondering if running a 16x7.5 rear and 16x9 front would have any truely adverse affects on handling with a front wheel drive application. I know it would look goofy.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Rick (RAAMaudio) was planning on (or maybe he actually did??) running a front to rear stagger similar to that, but 15x9 front/15x8 rear, or something like that. ;)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have been running a 15x9 sq setup since the car hit the ground after 8 months on the lift under surgery but highly considered 15x10 front with 245s and 15x9 rear with 225s, the race tires I use have pretty wide treads and those are the sizes available but with flares up front and the rear could go all the way to 15x11 with 275 wide tires:)

Rear requires major body work to go wider than 9's which still required a camber change unless custom offset wheels were made then a 15x10 rear could fit.

If you have enough power to warrant more front tire but have to keep from cutting up the rear of the car then a front to rear stagger can work quite well, just more hassle and cost dealing with two sizes of tires and wheels is the only big issue.

Putting a skinny tire on 9" wheel on this car is a styling mod only, no other benefit but if one wants to do so, go right ahead of course, as long as you know and accept the responsibility of it:)