Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tsudo Exhaust

So for those that own it, how's the drone and overall cruising noise at highway speed?
At 60mph at 2k in 6th gear there is almost no drone at all. It is pretty bad at 3-4k though, but it doesnt bother me too much. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I don't drive the freeway that often.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

At 60mph at 2k in 6th gear there is almost no drone at all. It is pretty bad at 3-4k though, but it doesnt bother me too much. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I don't drive the freeway that often.

That's pretty spot on. Although my symposer delete hasn't arrived yet, I think that will solve the cabin noise at high revs.

That's pretty spot on. Although my symposer delete hasn't arrived yet, I think that will solve the cabin noise at high revs.
I plan on deleting the symposer as well. Let me know how it changes! Im too lazy to pop it off and stuff something in it temporarily lol.

I plan on deleting the symposer as well. Let me know how it changes! Im too lazy to pop it off and stuff something in it temporarily lol.

Lol will do! And same here, I actually removed the foam donut in the symposer when I had stock exhaust and I haven't put it back yet. Lol def not helping!

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Best sounding exhaust with no drone is the borla/ford racing. Turbo upgrade and catless dp, no drone.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
+1

I just wonder at what point/size turbo upgrade one starts to lose power due to having a 2.5" system vs. a 3" system? [dunno]
Ive battled with the decision for a long time. Is 5whp worth the drone? Not to me. 2.25 is the size of the borla.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ive battled with the decision for a long time. Is 5whp worth the drone?
IF it is a 3" system with DEFINITE/PROVEN drone present, NO!
But not every single 3" system for these cars HAS TO HAVE noticeable drone.

I DO understand your point though, since I say the same thing about using a catted down pipe because the combustion STENCH (and extra emissions emitted, IF you're so inclined to be concerned with that issue) of a catless DP is (to me) NOT worth the extra ~5 WHP. [wink]

Alright guys I promised it and here it is. I've been busy but I had some time today plus the weather was good so here it is. It is very burbly and gurgly and sounds great imo. For ~$350 I am a VERY VERY happy camper. I also used the super stiff hangers from Ron over at Whoosh Motorsports and as you can tell that thing barely moves. If anyone is interested in this exhaust I'd say got for it!

[video=youtube;gUdNEqtJTeg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUdNEqtJTeg[/video]

Spaceman_Spiff

Damn, that sounds GOOD. I can definitely see the value in it. I just wish it came with something other than the single giant round tip. But to each their own.

Thanks for the clip!

I deleted my symposer today and the in-cabin noise is much much quieter now. I highly recommend it. 3-4k is not droney at all now. The delete made this exhaust just that much better now!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Bringing this thread back from the dead as I'm not sure why so many people buy the 3" MBRP that is more for aluminized over this one that is stainless for only $360 shipped free... sure the tip isn't the best looking but once you see it installed with a full rear view it doesn't seem too bad and the sound is just great for the money... only place left to buy it is HERE I believe... Anyway, this exhaust deserves more attention for sure.

The Tsudo exhaust seems to be of decent quality but the massive drone will give you a splitting headache while driving. I bought one due to the other good reviews but during any type of acceleration or deceleration the drone is almost intolerable. While cruising it isn’t so bad but in the city you will be regretting having this. It honestly makes me not want to drive the car. I will be driving it with the silencer until I can change the system entirely. I don’t know how other people with this system are able to stand the interior resonance but I’m impressed with their ability. I’ve had 3 other cars with modified exhausts and never once experienced anything like this. I was really excited to buy this but man it’s disappointing

AzNightmare

The Tsudo exhaust seems to be of decent quality but the massive drone will give you a splitting headache while driving. I bought one due to the other good reviews but during any type of acceleration or deceleration the drone is almost intolerable. While cruising it isn’t so bad but in the city you will be regretting having this. It honestly makes me not want to drive the car. I will be driving it with the silencer until I can change the system entirely. I don’t know how other people with this system are able to stand the interior resonance but I’m impressed with their ability. I’ve had 3 other cars with modified exhausts and never once experienced anything like this. I was really excited to buy this but man it’s disappointing
The problem is that sound is subjective so a good purchase is hard to base it on reviews. Even listening to sound clip, it's done in such an uncontrolled method that it's hard to capture accurately, not to mention, exterior vs interior sound is completely different. Other factors like stock DP, hi-flow, no cat, will alter sound and drone. A lot of mods are opinions and should be taken as anecdotal evidence at best. People who drive at different rpm will also experience different sound throughout their commute.

I'm personally using COBB, but it is more on the tamer side. It doesn't make everyone at the parking lot turn and look when I start the car up, it almost sounds stock tbh. It gets louder when you actually get on boost, but not when you're just cruising. It's sort of like a "trigger" mode where it only gets loud when you're actually going, not just "always loud, and louder" whether you're rolling in a parking lot or actually on boost. There's no drone, that's what I personally like. But I understand it's also too quiet for majority of people, especially if you want people to be turning their heads to hear you before they see you.