Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SOLD: Turbo Transformer boost chip for Fiesta ST

Trader history for meFiSTo (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meFiSTo

***SOLD***

Thanks for your interest.

Product Description: Fixed-configuration Turbo Transformer (TT) boost enhancement circuit.

Like the motor mounts, it took me awhile to get around to posting this for sale item.

I bought this from TT proprietor Ameya Phatak in 2014. He delivered it in person to me in Woodinville, WA. We snagged a burger and chatted about cars and such. Very nice and knowledgeable guy. It was on my car until last October (off and on really). It seems to work fine, although it's hard for me to comment on what the direct effects are for this device since I've gone from stock, to MP215, to MR230 setups -- all the while with this in place and sometimes not. The car ran well, and under WOT really pulled. Ameya was a sponsor here for a couple of years, but appears to have stopped.

IMHO, this is a great, inexpensive upgrade for someone who does not want to do any conventional "tuning." It is a little bit of a generic enhancement, but Ameya's data shows that it has a positive effect in the situation for which it was designed: WOT acceleration. I don't think this is an item for track days, but for hooning a bit around town, or for getting on to the freeway with extra scoot, etc., this is a neat, very inexpensive option that is easily removed without any indication of ever being installed.

Here's a link to his site: http://www.turbotransformer.com/index.html#

Here's an image of the anecdotal gains for a 1.6 liter Ecoboost engine:

Here's a YouTube of Ameya installing the item on a Fiesta ST (takes a few minutes; quicker if you can get the car up in the air a bit):

[video=youtube;RCLkcV7xxxI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCLkcV7xxxI[/video]

To the best of my knowledge, this will work with any version of the Fiesta ST.

If you search the forum, you'll find some threads about the TT. [MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION] has long supported the device as a low-cost option for our tiny turbo. He has actually used it with a big turbo upgrade with no ill effects.

I'm selling it as is. I have no reason to believe that it does not work like new (the thing only has a few thousand miles on it). However, I've not dyno'd it myself. It was just installed on the car that that was that.

Price: $110, shipped in continental U.S. List price is $199.

Image of the item:

Shipping Details: Price includes shipping via USPS or equivalent in continental U.S.; other locales TBD added fee.

Contact Information: Ping me here via private message or at mysvtftoy@gmail.com.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I had mine on the entire time with the cyborg turbo. I did remove it when I swapped to the Volvo turbo. But I'm def putting mine back on when I go back to a Cyborg39.

"How exactly does a positrac in a Plymouth work?". "It JUST DOES"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #3
LOL. So, do you think I should keep it with the MR230 tune on the stock turbo? Or maybe even with the bigger Mountune turbo package coming for US cars? Hah.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
LOL. So, do you think I should keep it with the MR230 tune on the stock turbo? Or maybe even with the bigger Mountune turbo package coming for US cars? Hah.

Idk lol. That's your call :)
But my car drives better with it on stock style turbos.

I was the first test car for this. I liked it back then for what it is.

Actually... just remembered I took it off when I changed out my tip sensor and started relying on it for boost readings after I maxed the map sensor out.

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #5
Idk lol. That's your call :)
But my car drives better with it on stock style turbos.

I was the first test car for this. I liked it back then for what it is.

Actually... just remembered I took it off when I changed out my tip sensor and started relying on it for boost readings after I maxed the map sensor out.
Sadly for me, I am not sure how what you say here would affect me. Do you consider any of the turbos that bolt on direclty in place of the stock tiny turbo to be "stock style" turbos? Also, I'm just going to get an OTS tune (which is what I have now) if I get the bigger Mountune blower. No "tuning" going on here. Maybe you can say more?

I'll take it if you can take payment this Thursday!

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #7
I'll take it if you can take payment this Thursday!

Well, clearly I'm not in a rush so that's not a problem. It is possible that someone else will jump up -- you never know. However I'm happy to honor your request and hold off till next week. Please bear with me though because, during the week, it can be tricky getting to UPS etc. Work can require me to be chained to my desk.

That's okay I understand. Thank you! I'll send payment Thursday

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #11
would this be valuable even with a cobb tuner?
I wish I could unequivocally say "YES," but while in certain situations it probably is still doing something beneficial, in other cases it might not.
[MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION] seems to suggest that with a stock Ecoboost turbo, then you're likely to benefit from this with whatever tune. In short, I think this thing extends the length of time that your engine is getting maximum airflow under WOT. That should help for short bursts with relatively low frequency. Think passing, showing off to your neighbor girl [cool], whatever. When I asked him about track day use, Ameya himself was conservative in his view of the effects of this device on a track day (once everything under the hood gets seriously hot). There's only so much such a thing can do. So, if you have a Cobb stage 1 tune on essentially stock hardware (catback exhausts and air intake cones, etc. don't count much in this regard), then it's likely to be of more value than to someone running a big replacement turbo, open down pipe, big intercooler, custom tune, etc.

YMMV.

Hope that helps.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
If I had not upgraded my tip sensor ( which changes its scaling ) I'd be running my TT still. No idea how or why. But... it just works.

No idea how or why. But... it just works.

Thats what scares me. tbh I was not really planning on buying this since i just forked out cash for a cobb tuner, but maybe in the future ill consider getting one of these.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thats what scares me. tbh I was not really planning on buying this since i just forked out cash for a cobb tuner, but maybe in the future ill consider getting one of these.
You know how an access port work? ( I mean really.... not how to push buttons on it ). But it def does work. The guy that designed and built these is an engineer for Dinan the BMW tuner.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into anything. But it works and it's not a risk on OTS tunes.

My focus buddy has one too and loved it ( for what it is, it's not like getting a pro-tune from stock ). But he doesn't waste time on forums like I do, lol, so he said his piece on it, and never went back to listen to the 1500 pages of people that spend $800 on tuning.

This is not as good as a $500 Cobb and a $300-$400 pro-tune. It's $100 and works awesome on stock cars and is zero detectable by dealerships ( unless your dumb enough to leave it on when you take it in ).

Honestly, the best way to sell these ? Take them with you to a local meet. Let someone with a stock car test drive it. Your get your $100.

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #15
You know how an access port work? ( I mean really.... not how to push buttons on it ). But it def does work. The guy that designed and built these is an engineer for Dinan the BMW tuner.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into anything. But it works and it's not a risk on OTS tunes.

My focus buddy has one too and loved it ( for what it is, it's not like getting a pro-tune from stock ). But he doesn't waste time on forums like I do, lol, so he said his piece on it, and never went back to listen to the 1500 pages of people that spend $800 on tuning.

This is not as good as a $500 Cobb and a $300-$400 pro-tune. It's $100 and works awesome on stock cars and is zero detectable by dealerships ( unless your dumb enough to leave it on when you take it in ).

Honestly, the best way to sell these ? Take them with you to a local meet. Let someone with a stock car test drive it. Your get your $100.

Thanks. Local meet? What's that? Hah. I'm not sure we have those around these parts. Now, if I had a Cayman or Carrera, well, there's plenty of those meets. Fiesta STs? Not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.