Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Little dip in power around 5000 - 5500 rpm?

Based

I'm noticing that on every pull I make, in first gear there is a little dip in power/speed once I reach 5000-5500 rpm. I used to think this was just a traction issue but now I am noticing it sometimes in second gear. Like if I'm in second gear at 3k and I gun it, once it gets around 5500 rpm it'll slow down. Sometimes it feels like it'll even be just a little dip like it'll stop accelerating for a half second then go again but at a slower speed.

Is this just how the stock turbo works? I'm on a stratified flash tune so not stock tune.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #3
The stock turbo runs out of steam in the upper rpms. Look at a stock turbo v-dyno. This is what upgraded turbos are for :)
Do you think that shifting at 5k instead of redline would get a faster 0-60?

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #11
lol alright. I figured talking about 0-60 in this forum would lead to this... As if the Fiesta ST is just not designed to go in a straight line

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
lol alright. I figured talking about 0-60 in this forum would lead to this... As if the Fiesta ST is just not designed to go in a straight line
Yeah, it's best to ignore some people. If you want to make the car into a drag racer, do it. It's your car, and it's not as if all the handling goes out the window suddenly.

Some Guy On The Internet

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I didn't feel like bothering last night, but relatively speaking, my car is slow in the world of pro mods, top fuel dragsters and 8 sec street cars. But, you're silly if you think my car slow. It's well above average, actually, but not elite, obviously. I work for a 1/2 mile racing company. I've raced my own car, so I know what it can do. Over the years, I've learned the capabilities of lot of cars with various mods.

I know what fast is and I can say with confidence, the Fiesta can hang among the low tier. Power to weight ratio is pretty important.

Some Guy On The Internet

Best times aren't decided by losing power at higher rpms as much as it is about landing in a good powerband at the time you shift into the next gear. Those powerbands change from gear to gear often, as well. I'm glad someone's done the track (not street) homework for me already!

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #15
Yeah, it's best to ignore some people. If you want to make the car into a drag racer, do it. It's your car, and it's not as if all the handling goes out the window suddenly.

Some Guy On The Internet
Trust me I am definetly getting a big turbo. People act like just because you increase horsepower that the handling just disappears...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Trust me I am definetly getting a big turbo. People act like just because you increase horsepower that the handling just disappears...
Absolutely NOT, but once you start doing the 7-8 second FWD Civic type drag launch mods to the suspension setup, in search of 1.5 or better 60 foots, YES, THEN the left/right turning, and under braking handling goes right down the crapper, and it quickly becomes a SINGLE PURPOSE car. [:(]

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #19
Yeah I'm aware. I'm not turning my car into a drag car. I'm turning it into a high powered version of the stock car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk