Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

When will end of ordering for 2017s come?

Loved the Fiesta STs for years, but just never got around to pulling the trigger. I see a new model is coming out, but it will not be out until at least Fall 2017, and then reading on the forum a bit it seems like the ST might not be out until 6 months after that. So probably well into 2018 at the earliest. So I was thinking of getting a 2017 model. Don't want to miss the ordering period - definitely want a new one. I figure if the 2018 models are nice I might also get one of those the second model year (2019) as I believe the first year of a new model sometimes has kinks that are worked out by the second year.

In any event, anyone have a guesstimate when the time to place orders is over?

Side question: I'm 6'2", long legs and shorter torso. Any idea if I would fit? Sat in one at a car show and I seemed to fit, barely haha.

Thanks!

Can't answer your first question but as for fitment, I'm 6'5 in my shoes and have no problems with headroom and with the seat all the way back I have sufficient leg room. It is worth noting that I just got mine though and haven't gone on a long trip with it yet but for at least 1 hour drives, I am completely fine. Oh and I have standard seats no recaros.

Thanks for the information on fit.

I too am considering one and I am 6'4".

I will have 2 car seats in the back as well. Not that often with the twins but need to have the option. Have been considering a Focus ST. Possible GTI / Golf R as well (I have a Gold TDI going back as part of VW buyback next week)

I would imagine they'd fit in the fiesta fine, but a focus would be bigger obviously. It was surprising to find out that with the front seats all the way back you can still fold the rears flat in the fiesta. I also considered the focus st for about half a day when a dealer I went to had a loaded 16 fiesta st for more than a base 16 focus st. As for the vw, I too had a golf mk6 4dr TDI that I turned in last month and I feel like it's between the fiesta and focus in size, nobody with legs can still sit behind my seat. Didn't try that with the focus to be fair though.

I think the Mk7 Golf is bigger (the one I am turning in, a 2015).

I am going to search for a Fiesta ST this weekend to look at

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Loved the Fiesta STs for years, but just never got around to pulling the trigger. I see a new model is coming out, but it will not be out until at least Fall 2017, and then reading on the forum a bit it seems like the ST might not be out until 6 months after that. So probably well into 2018 at the earliest. So I was thinking of getting a 2017 model. Don't want to miss the ordering period - definitely want a new one. I figure if the 2018 models are nice I might also get one of those the second model year (2019) as I believe the first year of a new model sometimes has kinks that are worked out by the second year.

In any event, anyone have a guesstimate when the time to place orders is over?

Side question: I'm 6'2", long legs and shorter torso. Any idea if I would fit? Sat in one at a car show and I seemed to fit, barely haha.

Thanks!
I would guess ordering for 17's will end around October or November. One possible benefit of ordering late in the model year is that the incentives tend to get better as the model year goes on. I ordered my '16 3/16 and negotiated an amount off of MSRP, plus that I would get whatever incentives were in effect when the car came. It came in August, and I saved $1000 over what it would've cost in March. So waiting was a pain, but worth it to save some money. Incentives now on 16's are as high as $3-4,000.
No guarantee of this obviously, and they change every month or so (and vary by region), but if you're going to order late in the model year anyway, you might save some money.

I'm 6'2, didn't fit well at dealership...until I adjusted the seat and I have a ton of room now, no complaints.