Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Aerial video of my WP Fiesta ST at the track in ABQ, NM

Neat footage! I would kill for some track access. Why is nobody there during the winter? Looks like its still pretty warm out..

I'm in Santa Fe. I need to get out to the track sometime. The drive up to the ski basin is pretty awesome, tho.

Pete

That is awesome. What drone are you using? Is someone piloting it or is it set up to follow the vehicle or have a flight plan already planned out? I have been thinking of getting a drone for those unique camera views when driving the car around.

OP
tiggerbren
Thread Starter #7
That is awesome. What drone are you using? Is someone piloting it or is it set up to follow the vehicle or have a flight plan already planned out? I have been thinking of getting a drone for those unique camera views when driving the car around.
I'm using a 3DR Solo and set those flights up ahead of time by setting waypoints so I can hit GO on the controller and focus on driving and timing the shot. 3DR basically backed out of the drone business so if you're looking to get one I'd go with a DJI that fits your budget. They just released a model called the Mavic that I will probably upgrade to at some point. Drones are kind of like smart phones right now. You can get the coolest one today and it won't seem so great in a year. The upside to that coin is that you can get the drone I'm using at Best Buy for $290 with a case, gimbal, and extra battery. Add the GoPro and you're flying with two batteries for around $600. The Mavic is currently $999 with one battery, so say just over $1100 to get flying with two batteries.

I got my drone a year and a half ago and have been learning a lot about electronics, video, and editing as a result. Highly recommended.