Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Would this be a good deal on a 2016 ST?

This urge to look into this car more came after I saw it driving through the dealership.. and honestly I've never even considered it, but the reviews have swayed me a bit. With everyone saying how fun and economical they are, it might be a nice little addition.

The link is below , and I'm just wondering how good the deal is, as well as how reliable the car is overall? Any reason to add an extended warranty? I'm trying to get it for $18k otd, and I'll probably put $5k down...

I'll ask a little more later, but just wanted to get it out there to see what everyone thought. Thanks much!

http://www.bennaford.com/new/Ford/2...70a0e0ae86e58b138978f58e9.htm?searchDepth=2:2

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm guessing that a full 85%+ of the cars Ford built for 'dealer stock' (or the cars which the dealers themselves order for stock) were black, given how when I was first looking at these EVERY one out there was BLACK. ;)

I think it's good deal at what they have it priced, and it would be a great deal of you can go lower than that. Good luck!

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
No recaros or moon roof, but it is what it is.. the cars been there a while, and I really can't see it selling in the winter ( I live in the Duluth MN area )

Like I said , $18k out the door would be great, but time will tell.. I actually went there looking for an escape... Which is still an option, but this car was pretty intriguing to me from some reason.

18 otd would a good deal, I paid 18.5 otd with incentives; stock car with orange paint upgrade and I was happy

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So that means ?? Lol
It's a very good deal IF you can get it OTD for under $18K. [:)]

What that "means" is that I'm guessing black is the most popular color for these cars, since most seem to be produced in that hue, and if these dealers would have ordered some other color, I would have had my car 5 months sooner than waiting for an ordered car to show up.

(The one I ordered/bought it from had 4 in stock at various times, ALL in black only.)

I'm guessing that a full 85%+ of the cars Ford built for 'dealer stock' (or the cars which the dealers themselves order for stock) were black, given how when I was first looking at these EVERY one out there was BLACK. ;)
I had the choice local (2-3 hours) of like 3 black ones, a magnetic, and a MO. Black is definitely more common in my area.

OP
C
Thread Starter #9
I had the choice local (2-3 hours) of like 3 black ones, a magnetic, and a MO. Black is definitely more common in my area.
Yea I really like the magnetic color.. In a perfect world this would be magnetic with the nicer wheels, and recaros.. But I doubt many got that deal for 18K otd anyways. It is odd to see this car sitting on the lot covered in snow , and I don't see it selling anytime soon due to the next 4 months of snow, but I guess it could be dealer traded as well..

Id love to take it for a drive ( as so many people say its such a fun car to drive ) but out roads are hard packed snow and ice right now, and with the look of the stock tires that are on it, I doubt it would even make it out of the parking spot :D

I think dealer orders are definitely what sells in the area. My local dealer goes for orange/red or white it seams I don't think I've seen a black fist or fost on their lot. They have a 16 MO fully loaded for 20.5 OTD after 2K cash back and 72 months 0%

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I was just over at my dealership yesterday and saw there were 7 new FiSTs ranging in price from $18.5K ~ $23.5K...Magnetic seems to be the most popular here...

4 - Magnetic
1 - Black
2 - Orange

Also there was one black Focus RS on the lot for $41K...

OP
C
Thread Starter #12
In northern Minnesota we really don't have a car scene.. Minneapolis St Paul area is the closet area , especially for tuner cars. So to even see this car on the lot is surprising. We don't get alot of fancy or popular sporty cars, because really, there's no demand for it.. It's pretty sad.. A friend of ours just bought a focus RS at the same dealer, but between that , and the fiesta, there's not much to see.. no BRZ, FRS, RS, etc

This urge to look into this car more came after I saw it driving through the dealership.. and honestly I've never even considered it, but the reviews have swayed me a bit. With everyone saying how fun and economical they are, it might be a nice little addition.

The link is below , and I'm just wondering how good the deal is, as well as how reliable the car is overall? Any reason to add an extended warranty? I'm trying to get it for $18k otd, and I'll probably put $5k down...

I'll ask a little more later, but just wanted to get it out there to see what everyone thought. Thanks much!

http://www.bennaford.com/new/Ford/2...70a0e0ae86e58b138978f58e9.htm?searchDepth=2:2
I think my nephew just looked at that car, lol. He wound up getting one in Iowa Falls.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thread Starter #16
I think my nephew just looked at that car, lol. He wound up getting one in Iowa Falls.

Really? That hard to come by? I know us Midwesterners don't get alot of "specialty" cars like the big cities, but it's surprising how many people have called on that car ( according to the dealer) interested in it..

I'm.still torn between this and an escape ( apples to oranges, I know ) I already have a big turbo 460whp srt4 on e85.. but would be nice to get another turbo car that's newer and sell the srt.. or keep the Srt and grab an escape. The fiesta is just so small... Maybe it won't feel as small once I actually sit in it, but from the outside it looks smaller in everyway than my daily driver ( 09 Honda fit sport )

I need some advice guys. It is actually a tougher decision than it needs to be , haha

Really? That hard to come by? I know us Midwesterners don't get alot of "specialty" cars like the big cities, but it's surprising how many people have called on that car ( according to the dealer) interested in it..

I'm.still torn between this and an escape ( apples to oranges, I know ) I already have a big turbo 460whp srt4 on e85.. but would be nice to get another turbo car that's newer and sell the srt.. or keep the Srt and grab an escape. The fiesta is just so small... Maybe it won't feel as small once I actually sit in it, but from the outside it looks smaller in everyway than my daily driver ( 09 Honda fit sport )

I need some advice guys. It is actually a tougher decision than it needs to be , haha
I ordered a Fiesta before I had driven one. I figured all the automotive journalists can't be wrong. My nephew has driven it a bunch, and now just bought a black on black 2016. I sometimes wonder if i should have gotten a GTI for a little more room. My kid's complain about the space some, but they deal with it. But dollar for dollar, you get miles of smiles. I still giggle when I go into a corner and can't believe how it sticks.

OP
C
Thread Starter #18
I ordered a Fiesta before I had driven one. I figured all the automotive journalists can't be wrong. My nephew has driven it a bunch, and now just bought a black on black 2016. I sometimes wonder if i should have gotten a GTI for a little more room. My kid's complain about the space some, but they deal with it. But dollar for dollar, you get miles of smiles. I still giggle when I go into a corner and can't believe how it sticks.

Nice!! I'd never buy something without driving, unless it's a new z06 ??

I'm in the same boat as you. I've watched internet reviews as well as the big guys ( car and driver, road and track etc ) and they all seem to say the same thing. It's fun... It gets great mileage, and with a few engine ( mod to 250whp ish ), suspension mods, wheel / tire , and a good tune, it is ultra reliable, even more fun and like a little go cart.

My Srt only weighs around 2900 lbs, and made 460whp on a superflow dyno which reads low ( like a mustang dyno , about 10% lower than a dynojet. ) So the power won't be anything spectacular to me, but knowing it has some potential out of that 1.6 is some good reassurance for the future

OP
C
Thread Starter #20
^^^Does the super skittle have any handling/cornering type mods?? (Like some of the stuff that Doug Wind did to his completely unbelievable ride? http://abphy.com/user/windspeedmotorsports)

Is it 'tossable' at all, or is it a single purpose (straight line) car?
Yea Doug is a good guy, he's been helping me out on this platform for 7+ years, and its pretty crazy how good he is at whipping around that car.

As far as handling , I just set it up this year with new BC coilovers, Hotchkis f/r sways, strut braces, front chassis brace, trailing arms, poly bushings , problem solver front arms and a few other little goodies. The car is a garage queen that only sees nice days on the street and the track. But when it's out, Brainard is usually where we go as the long course is a 3.1 mile 10 turn that's pretty fast.. more BIR and possibly road Atlanta next year if I still have it.

Straight line is good, but with high HP fwd cars that aren't dedicated completely to drag racing , we all know the issue.. launching and traction. It traps 122 in the 1/4 but that was a pretty half assed pass while spinning. The straights and corners , are where it excells. I'll post up a few vids. It's a super fun car and I have a pretty good chunk of change invested, but it might be time to move onto something different