Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbomac Tire Size

I am looking to buy a set of Turbomac wheels for my FiST and at the same time either lower it with Swift Springs or ST Coilovers, depending how the budget looks then. What tire size would you all remconmend to avoid rubbing with it lowered?

Thanks, Happy New Year

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My best guess is a 215/40 as a MAX size, as I would think that a 225/45 would HAVE TO rub in multiple places on a lowered car, and no one makes streetable 225/40s, and about the only 225/35 made is the Yoko S.Drive.

Of course, IF you want MAXIMUM 'stretch', put 205/40s, or 205/45s on them. [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
205/40's work fine on my 17x8 Tarmac's on BC Coilovers
WHY wouldn't they (unless the offset was REALLY screwy)?? [???:)]

I figured he was asking about something larger than our factory size tires on those wheels, but maybe not? [dunno]

I figured he was asking about something larger than our factory size tires on those wheels, but maybe not? [dunno]
I suppose it was the obvious answer. Just confirming. [:)]

OP
SoyFiesta
Thread Starter #6

I was wondering if maybe a 215/40-17 would fit? I was hoping to run Federal 595 RSR tires

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was wondering if maybe a 215/40-17 would fit? I was hoping to run Federal 595 RSR tires
IF you do NOT 'slam' the adjusters all the way down onto the max lowering point of their threads, I can't see there being a problem.

I plan to eventually have either linear rate lowering springs, or a coil over setup with my 17x8 Pro race 1.2s and possibly the Star Spec 215/40-17s (the WIDEST tread width tire made in that size, at 8") on them. ;)

The Federals are almost a half inch narrower than that in tread width, so that helps even that much more!

Mine is decently low, on the Tarmac wheels, I have falken 615k in 205/40/17 I could easily have done 225 width. 205's have quite a stretch to them on 17x8 wheel, 225's should fit pretty darn good, you might have to raise it up some to avoid scraping with 235's. Just depends how wide you want to go.

OP
SoyFiesta
Thread Starter #9
Mine is decently low, on the Tarmac wheels, I have falken 615k in 205/40/17 I could easily have done 225 width. 205's have quite a stretch to them on 17x8 wheel, 225's should fit pretty darn good, you might have to raise it up some to avoid scraping with 235's. Just depends how wide you want to go.
Which coils or lowering springs are you running?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The problem with the 225s is that no one makes street tires in a 40 series profile in that width, ONLY 60 tread wear or less pure track R compound rubber. [mad]

The 225/45s start to get way too tall, which combined with their width will guarantee that they must rub somewhere on these cars, which is a SHAME because there are almost too many choices in that size, including the excellent Pilot Super Sport. [:(]

Wow that looks great
Thanks! I would like to powder coat the wheels at some point to white... But Next time I will definitely get some bigger tires... The 205s just to small for the track!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yoko Sdrive .... Good street tire comes in 225/35/17
They are decent street tires, but that size is actually ~.5" shorter than the factory 205/40s, which I guess does not matter if you are lowering the car anyway, and don't care about the shortening of the overall gear ratios.

But yes, KUDOS to Yoko for making something in that size where NO ONE else makes either that, or a 225/40-17 in a street tire. [wink]

They are decent street tires, but that size is actually ~.5" shorter than the factory 205/40s, which I guess does not matter if you are lowering the car anyway, and don't care about the shortening of the overall gear ratios.

But yes, KUDOS to Yoko for making something in that size where NO ONE else makes either that, or a 225/40-17 in a street tire. [wink]
Yeah but street tires are no fun... They last too long :p

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk