Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine swaps?

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #21
You're so misinformed that it's actually funny.

You can get pretty close to 400whp on the fiesta motor with just aux fuel and a big turbo.

To get 500whp out of the 2.0 you are talking fully built engine, aux fuel, big turbo.. probably like another $12,000 to put a 2.0 in the fiesta and make it 500whp.
Wow DHM must be misinformed too because they told me on 93 and aux fuel even the 450r Kit will only get 310-330whp.

Dude I didn't insult you in the slightest. Don't talk to me like I'm stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Wow DHM must be misinformed too because they told me on 93 and aux fuel even the 450r Kit will only get 310-330whp.

Dude I didn't insult you in the slightest. Don't talk to me like I'm stupid.

So you're willing to spend hmmmm probably 10k to swap in a 2.0 but won't mix and store some e30 to gain 70whp

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #23
So you're willing to spend hmmmm probably 10k to swap in a 2.0 but won't mix and store some e30 to gain 70whp
Dude I am simply curious about the possibility of swaps. Just because I am curious about swaps doesn't mean I'm going to do anything. I'm just seeing what's been done before so I can see what I might want to do.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
1.6 to 2.0, not worth the trouble. I'd rather 1.8 BP swap the fiesta with room to spare with parts available to go 500whp not to mention less electronics and wiring.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
A YB blocked BDT 2.0 Cossie is also a possibility, although yes, electronics/ECM, AND the need for an east/east setup aftermarket FWD transaxle become major problems at that point.

How much room, and to what displacement can OUR current blocks be bored out to at least get the thing 'square' as far as bore x stroke goes???

I don't see how it's "retarded" to want to swap an engine into a car. The 1.6 on 93 tops out at about 330whp. I want about 500whp.

Why wouldn't you spend your money on a built 1.6? You'll still need to build the 2.0 to get that power. Or you can stroke the 1.6 and get more power for cheaper.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #32
Why wouldn't you spend your money on a built 1.6? You'll still need to build the 2.0 to get that power. Or you can stroke the 1.6 and get more power for cheaper.

i never said I am doing an engine swap.

i never said I am doing an engine swap.
You in a general sense as in anyone thinking about it. The 1.6 is such a good engine I can't understand wanting to get rid of it

Thats the V8 rwd fiesta round my local track (Knockhill, Scotland)

[video=youtube;evAMzsQ0ssU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evAMzsQ0ssU[/video]

The 1.6 engine is already under-square. If you can bore it out that would make it more square and rev higher. I wouldn't stroke it anymore then it is.

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #36

Yeah I'm doing that

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

That thing sounds EVIL, and that Quaife 'box is wicked as well (I did not know they even made something which could handle that torque/power, but I guess some of the Brit rallycrossers using their sequentials are up there in that range?).

It IS a 'handful' on track though! [crazyeye]

The 1.6 engine is already under-square. If you can bore it out that would make it more square and rev higher. I wouldn't stroke it anymore then it is.
I thought stroking would raise the compression and make it rev higher? If I could bore it out and get more power and more revs I'd absolutely do that. I'm still learning about more detailed engine build stuff so bear with me because my knowledge on the subject is slim.

I thought stroking would raise the compression and make it rev higher? If I could bore it out and get more power and more revs I'd absolutely do that. I'm still learning about more detailed engine build stuff so bear with me because my knowledge on the subject is slim.

Typically, the longer the stroke, the less rev's you can get out of it. Think dirty for a minute, your arm would be tired, same as an engine.