Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2014 Fiesta ST Steering Wheel $120 shipped

Trader history for BostonDriver (0)

This is the original wheel out of my car. I bought another wheel and had a custom alcantara cover put on it. Like most I couldn't do without having a steering wheel in my car while it was getting recovered. So now I'm passing this one along to those who might want to do the same.

It took a while to find one of these wheels and I paid $100 for it plus shipping. This wheel is in perfect condition so I'm selling for $120 shipped with the US. I can tell who ever buys it how to get the horn pad off too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
Errrrrrrrrrrrr I'm tempted.....I've contemplated a wheel swap for awhile, the OEM one needs more heft.

Help me out, could you provide a bit of insight on what route you went with (pics), how it turned out, cost, etc.? I might duplicate what you did and grab this wheel. I've looked into a few options so far and haven't been satisfied with what I've seen.

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #3
I went to redline goods and had them develop the cover since no one offered one at the time. Now they sell the cover so you can customize it and install it yourself. Or send the wheel to them and have it done. They installed mine since they had my wheel for development anyway. It came out awesome and was so much better than the stock pleather. They put a thin padding behind it too which thickened it nicely. It'll be about $200 if you send it to them for installation including the price of the cover and shipping. Not bad for a custom wheel. There's another company I've found since purchasing my Golf R replacement vehicle... I'm spoiled by the alcantara on the FiST so I'm looking for a cover for the Golf R now. A company called XUJI sells covers for just about anything. You can find them on AliExpress and eBay. It's a Chinese company and they make a nice quality product. I got a suede cover from them for my Golf but haven't installed it yet. The kit is very nice and the instructions are excellent. For only $50 it's a steal! They will also customize it however you want.

Here's a picture of how my wheel came out.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thank you sir. I remember your thread now (I think it was you) about the first wheel. Another RLG customer had this done and was not happy with their work, though I have bough their stuff and was quite happy.

Let me look around and see what's out there and I might come back to your wheel.

In the meantime enjoy that Golf R - I was on the fence after driving one but had just come from a big power car and opted for the ST. However the more I read the more I'm thinking I'll get one in a few years when the ST and I are finished.

How is reliability? I have read of problems there. Not to hijack, but I'd appreciate your perspective!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Another RLG customer had this done and was not happy with their work, though I have bough their stuff and was quite happy.
Who was this, and any links to the thread? [???:)]

(Given the expense/bother of doing this, IF the result is not PERFECTION, I might as well give up the steering wheel controls, and exploding whoopee cushion, and put a perfect to me, thick rimmed, great grip, smaller diameter, alcantara covered aftermarket wheel on mine. [wink])

jeff

2000 Post Club
Who was this, and any links to the thread? [???:)]

(Given the expense/bother of doing this, IF the result is not PERFECTION, I might as well give up the steering wheel controls, and exploding whoopee cushion, and put a perfect to me, thick rimmed, great grip, smaller diameter, alcantara covered aftermarket wheel on mine. [wink])
It's not in a thread, this info came from a phone conversation I had with a member who is a friend. For reasons of kindness and courtesy I won't say any more about that.

I am in no way bashing RLG....I am extremely pleased with my RLG armrest cover and 2 days ago I ordered an RLG shift boot to match. Just in this one case someone was not happy with their workmanship, but it happens, none of us are 100% all the time.

Sorry OP, back to topic....sell that thing!

BUMP!

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #8
Any chance we can see how your new steering wheel turned out?
As I said in my original post. I got an alcantara cover from XUJI for the golf R but haven't installed it yet so I don't have pics to share.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's not in a thread, this info came from a phone conversation I had with a member who is a friend. For reasons of kindness and courtesy I won't say any more about that.

I am in no way bashing RLG....I am extremely pleased with my RLG armrest cover and 2 days ago I ordered an RLG shift boot to match. Just in this one case someone was not happy with their workmanship, but it happens, none of us are 100% all the time.

Sorry OP, back to topic....sell that thing!

BUMP!
Fair enough, and understood. ;)

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #11
I've had nothing but great products from redlinegoods but that's not what this post was about. You can use whoever you want to get a custom wheel. I just have the spare one you need to do it.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've had nothing but great products from redlinegoods but that's not what this post was about. You can use whoever you want to get a custom wheel. I just have the spare one you need to do it.
Understood, and I am seriously thinking about buying your spare wheel to do just that. [:)]

Do you know just how much RLG is capable of building up the padding underneath their alcantara cover, i.e.; can they go much thicker than the rim of the wheel that you had done by them? [dunno]

(I want it like the Sparco 383's rim thickness, although I know it can never be 'ovalized' in shape like that wheel's rim is.)

OP
BostonDriver
Thread Starter #13
They can build it up quite a bit and even add to the thumb grips. I didn't request any additional but the little bit they did was perfect.

So [MENTION=762]BostonDriver[/MENTION] can you post a photo of your wrapped steering wheel?