Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

WRX convert - new 2016 ST owner

Looks nice. And I definitely hear you on the shitty interior. The rattles were driving me insane. If they come out with something decent in 2020 I'll probably go back, but who knows. Maybe I'll move to a Focus RS if Subaru can't get their shit together.
After owning the FiST, I'll def buy an RS. The Ford dealer was so awesome to work with. The Subaru dealer is a bunch of arrogant clowns. They never take money off the car. That's what I was told last time I was there.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
After owning the FiST, I'll def buy an RS. The Ford dealer was so awesome to work with. The Subaru dealer is a bunch of arrogant clowns. They never take money off the car. That's what I was told last time I was there.
Sadly, until Ford decides to build enough FoRSes to even come close to meeting the demand, and STOP viewing it as ONLY a purposely limited production 'halo car', you will be VERY lucky to get a new one for less than $5K OVER the sticker price. [:(] [mad]

Pre-owned; who knows, but the above also raises THOSE asking prices as well, especially when there are actually still waiting lists for the new, as of yet not produced ones.

Sadly, until Ford decides to build enough FoRSes to even come close to meeting the demand, and STOP viewing it as ONLY a purposely limited production 'halo car', you will be VERY lucky to get a new one for less than $5K OVER the sticker price. [:(] [mad]

Pre-owned; who knows, but the above also raises THOSE asking prices as well, especially when there are actually still waiting lists for the new, as of yet not produced ones.
If push came to shove when the time comes in 5 years, I'll either stay with this platform or purchase a used EVO if the RS is still ridiculous in price. Maybe by then the STI will have a new engine design and I'll spring for a base model. Either way, the FiST is the sleeper I've been looking for and with DHM killing the HP game, I'm all in 100% with my econobox lol.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I'm still holding out (false) hope that Ford will eventually build an AWD Fiesta RS, especially if they start winning both the driver and manufacturers WRC overall (despite the naysayers on here who keep insisting otherwise, and whom are probably correct. [:(]).

FistSt215

I'm the other way around looking to trade the fist in couple of years. Why wait so long need to pay some of the negative equity down . Probably will still have some since Hess cars depreciate so fast . Always wanted a wrx or STi . Always wanted a wrx hatch and don't know if I want the new wrx because I love the rumble too much . Hopefully in 2018 I can grab one . I enjoy the fisT but I have a 6 month old daughter and potentially having more kids I need a bigger car and awd would be nice because potentially moving to Illinois sometime this year .

OP
P
Thread Starter #47
I'm the other way around looking to trade the fist in couple of years. Why wait so long need to pay some of the negative equity down . Probably will still have some since Hess cars depreciate so fast . Always wanted a wrx or STi . Always wanted a wrx hatch and don't know if I want the new wrx because I love the rumble too much . Hopefully in 2018 I can grab one . I enjoy the fisT but I have a 6 month old daughter and potentially having more kids I need a bigger car and awd would be nice because potentially moving to Illinois sometime this year .
The WRX is a badass car with plenty of space, but it just doesn't drive that well. The pre-2015 at least. The inputs of the FiST are SO MUCH better. I'm still going to miss it though and will probably scoop one up in a couple of years. Im hoping Subaru doesn't let me down with the 2020.

We'll see though as I'm very happy with my purchase and have a buyer for a great price on my WRX.

Welcome aboard!

Nice pictures! [welcome]
Thanks!