Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

WRX convert - new 2016 ST owner

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don't think 20% reduction is enough for me.
Which is why I went with the Mountune plate which supposedly yields a near 30% reduction in throw. [wink]

IF that turns out to not be enough for me, I will consider the boomba racing shift handle to reduce it further, if it is proven to me that they can work smoothly together.

OP
P
Thread Starter #22
Which is why I went with the Mountune plate which supposedly yields a near 30% reduction in throw. [wink]

IF that turns out to not be enough for me, I will consider the boomba racing shift handle to reduce it further, if it is proven to me that they can work smoothly together.
I think 30% is closer to what I want. The price is ridiculous though.

Haha. Understandable. And it's not that there's anything wrong with the fswerks stuff. Just think you should try my whole shifter assembly and bushings before making your decision. I'm a huge fan of my shifter setup!! Lol.
BTW that WRX looks sooo good!!!
Thanks man. I put a lottt of time into making the WRX look exactly how I wanted. What bushings do you have?

gabe

I think 30% is closer to what I want. The price is ridiculous though.

Thanks man. I put a lottt of time into making the WRX look exactly how I wanted. What bushings do you have?
@boomba shifter assembly and there solid bushings. I have the transmission adapter and bushings as well just never installed. Lol

OP
P
Thread Starter #24
@boomba shifter assembly and there solid bushings. I have the transmission adapter and bushings as well just never installed. Lol
Does the shifter assembly angle the shifter more back toward you? I see them talking about a 30% angle.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
^^^Maybe mine is still too new [dunno], but it is so solid it feels like it is machined from a solid block of billet steel right now. ;)
I run mine on gravel lots and have torn apart the interior for sound deadening and my only complaint is the fasteners for the plastic - it seems they're not made to go in and out multiple times. Do it once and that's about it!

Very minimal rattles so far - I think most of the rattles are the items I have in the vehicle more than the vehicle itself.

LILIKE16ST

Nice ride congrats on the deal as well. I got a fairly good deal on mine with black wheels and nav for 21500 otd brand new and that was when the 16s were still fairly new well before the 17s hit so there was no discounts from moving "last years model" so to speak. I consider that a good deal and yours has nearly 3 grand worth of additional options on it so I'd say you did well. I think the fswerks shifter option is a great one for the money and there's no doubt the boomba ultimate shift kit would be substantially better but it's also significantly more expensive at close to 4 benjamins. It's all in what ya want really I'm thinking about going for the mountune and calling it a day because I really don't think I'd be satisfied with anything under 30%

OP
P
Thread Starter #28
Nice ride congrats on the deal as well. I got a fairly good deal on mine with black wheels and nav for 21500 otd brand new and that was when the 16s were still fairly new well before the 17s hit so there was no discounts from moving "last years model" so to speak. I consider that a good deal and yours has nearly 3 grand worth of additional options on it so I'd say you did well. I think the fswerks shifter option is a great one for the money and there's no doubt the boomba ultimate shift kit would be substantially better but it's also significantly more expensive at close to 4 benjamins. It's all in what ya want really I'm thinking about going for the mountune and calling it a day because I really don't think I'd be satisfied with anything under 30%
Thanks. Sounds like you got a good deal too. I'm thinking I'll be pretty happy with 30% as well. My Kartboy STS for my WRX is a 40% and it's pretty much where I want it. The stock throw on that car is like a damn semi-truck though.

Does anyone make a pedal spacer for the Fiesta that adjusts side to side? I think that's the main issue with it. I'm sure bringing it up a bit helps too, but I don't think any more than 3/8" is needed. I'm seeing the Active Shift Designs one brings it out like 1.5"?! Seems a bit much. I guess I could just sand it down though to desired thickness. The Nopistons one seems to thin for DD'ing. The brake pedal grabs to aggressively early in the travel.

I really want something that brings the gas pedal more to the left as well . Any suggestions?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thanks. Sounds like you got a good deal too. I'm thinking I'll be pretty happy with 30% as well. My Kartboy STS for my WRX is a 40% and it's pretty much where I want it. The stock throw on that car is like a damn semi-truck though.

Does anyone make a pedal spacer for the Fiesta that adjusts side to side? I think that's the main issue with it. I'm sure bringing it up a bit helps too, but I don't think any more than 3/8" is needed. I'm seeing the Active Shift Designs one brings it out like 1.5"?! Seems a bit much. I guess I could just sand it down though to desired thickness. The Nopistons one seems to thin for DD'ing. The brake pedal grabs to aggressively early in the travel.

I really want something that brings the gas pedal more to the left as well . Any suggestions?
try this one
http://garageline.com/303-garageline-2013-fiesta-st-accellerator-pedal-mount-.html

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I don't personally use one
but it has height and side to side options you asked for....

OP
P
Thread Starter #33
Welcome! And btw no idea how on earth you're gonna manage parting with that WRX! Looks awesome :)
It's my baby and I'm going to miss it, but I want something new to make my own until Subaru updates the WRX/STi for the MY 2020. I just got bored of it. Great car though but I wanted something that felt sportier and torquier down low. The 2015+ WRX doesn't quite do it for me for the price.

It's my baby and I'm going to miss it, but I want something new to make my own until Subaru updates the WRX/STi for the MY 2020. I just got bored of it. Great car though but I wanted something that felt sportier and torquier down low. The 2015+ WRX doesn't quite do it for me for the price.
I'm excited to see what they come out with when they release the new platform too! :) I think the Fiesta will bring the fizz that you're looking for :D

Why'd you make the change?
The cost of ownership, rattle city, absolutely terrible interior and infotainment system for a 31k car, there are a million of them everywhere now, the FA20 has weak rods and I was terrified of shearing the rear engine mount bracket off the firewall. That was starting to become an issue.

OP
P
Thread Starter #40
Looks nice. And I definitely hear you on the shitty interior. The rattles were driving me insane. If they come out with something decent in 2020 I'll probably go back, but who knows. Maybe I'll move to a Focus RS if Subaru can't get their shit together.