Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Window Tint Job coming this Thursday :D

Hello Guys this Thursday I'm getting my windows tinted by a local tint shop that does excellent work. I chose 5% on the back 2 windows and the hatch, also the little cut triangle windows to. The front 2 windows will be about 14%. Also getting the sun Strip across the windshield. 3M tint film, and getting my yellow LaminX overlays installed by the same shop all for $385 dollars. Any tips? or adivce? Visibility issues?

WITHOUT TINT!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Hello Guys this Thursday I'm getting my windows tinted by a local tint shop that does excellent work. I chose 5% on the back 2 windows and the hatch, also the little cut triangle windows to. The front 2 windows will be about 14%. Also getting the sun Strip across the windshield. 3M tint film, and getting my yellow LaminX overlays installed by the same shop all for $385 dollars. Any tips? or adivce? Visibility issues?

WITHOUT TINT!
It does hamper visibility at night (particularly when going in reverse) but I personally don't care - the tradeoff is worth it. Don't know about you guys but there are just too many jerks driving around here with bright lights on...

If it becomes an issue you can always get the reverse bulb upgrades.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
I have 5% all around and just like mentioned above backing up at night sucks and when it comes to turning left in a really dark intersection i don't know I usually lower my window to make sure there's no small median I might hit lmao...

neeqness

1000 Post Club
One more thing, I did notice some loss in signal, particularly gps when using nav on my phone. Sometimes it has trouble in Google maps and waze. I know it's from the tint because prior to placing it, I had no problems with the signal.

If you use a mount keeping your phone up high or ceramic film you might not notice it though.

I just dropped mine off to get tint. I use Freddie Lewis in Huntsville. They do great work. Getting 35% all around. That's the legal limit in Alabama. They had a Porsche 918 in the garage getting protective wrap. Beautiful car!

Wow I got quoted mid 300s for just the back passenger windows, the little triangles windows and the rear windshield

OP
T
Thread Starter #8
Any issues with Dickhead cops with nothing better to do ? And I chose the 3M type film due to my migraines from the sun and bad eyesight so I need this ASAP. Posting pictures around 2-3 pm today

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Any issues with Dickhead cops with nothing better to do ? And I chose the 3M type film due to my migraines from the sun and bad eyesight so I need this ASAP. Posting pictures around 2-3 pm today
Exactly why I chose 50% up front instead of 5%. I didn't choose 3m as it is really pricey here. But I get compliments on my tint all the time and I've had it for almost a year so far with no problems (except for the gps signal thing).

on ridiculous expensive long island I only paid $260 for all side windows, rear window, strip along top of windshield and moonroof (I highly recommend getting the moonroof done)

OP
T
Thread Starter #11
on ridiculous expensive long island I only paid $260 for all side windows, rear window, strip along top of windshield and moonroof (I highly recommend getting the moonroof done)
ALL DONE!! How does she look ? Don't mind the ugly steelies its Winter time as you can tell......

Looks good. Good job staging the picture with all that white stuff. Really makes the black show up.