Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A/C not working after storage. should I fix if its not going to be driven regularly?

So I am disabled right now and not driving my fiesta. I loaned it to my work buddy whom was recovering from a surgery and could not ride his motorcycle for a while but we discovered the A/C had stopped working. I want to get it fixed since its under warranty but have seen that it is a somewhat known issue. If I get it fixed then only have someone drive the car a couple times month do I run a significant riskof the compressor locking up again? This is a real pain if its a storage issue since I can't drive it much and I often go away on deployments for months and it would be really annoying to the point I might sell the car if this is something that is going to happen.

Did they get a fix for the Compressor lockup or are they just replacing the compressors and waiting for the next failure when I no longer have a warranty? Should I get it fixed now or wait until I can drive it more often?

Thanks all. Its nice to have a ford rep that looks at this forum with some regularity to answer some of these things