Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Picking up a used Cobb ap tonight

So I found a local deal where the guy is selling his Cobb ap from his focus st.

Anything I should look out for besides making sure it's unmarried?

Also would it be safe to install in the parking lot to make sure it works, or would it need some sort of update before I install it?

I ended up ditching the diablo as they cannot get it properly loaded into the car. The intune gives error after error and they cannot fix it.

Spaceman_Spiff

unless this guy's made the changes for you already, you need fiesta specific tunes (you said it came off of a focus, right?). you won't be able to load it until you hook it up to a laptop and download the tunes. you could get that (software) setup first and take it with you, then load the tunes onto the tuner, then hook up to your car... as long as you have 91 or 93 already in the tank :)

Spaceman_Spiff

oh, and just make sure it's unmarried. that's about all you can do with it at first glance.

OP
U
Thread Starter #4
I did end up getting it last night. Confirmed it was unmarried and installed right in the parking lot!

The drive home was a lot of fun! Really noticed a lot more pull. But with that came a lot more torque steer.

Apparently he had a 16 fost so it already had the fiesta tune in it.

OP
U
Thread Starter #5
I was a bit disappointed that there is no tire size fix in the tuner!

I'm running 225/45/17 winter tires and wanted to fix the speedo. Diablo offers that but not ap which is shocking.

Spaceman_Spiff

I'm running 225/45/17 winter tires and wanted to fix the speedo. Diablo offers that but not ap which is shocking.
Yeah, I came from the superchips world, and that was one of their big features. Oh well, I guess there are only so many new sizes you can use on a Fiesta vs an f150...glad it worked straight away for you. Waiting sucks, lol

Sent from my Spaceship

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Diablo also offers customer settable; rev limit changes, fan setting changes, (and a few other things which the AP does not) without having a tuner write them into a whole new map.

I MISS not having those options. [sad]

OP
U
Thread Starter #8
Maybe I could load the ap tune, then load diablo using the stick setting to make those other adjustments?

I'm a bit nervous to try that though.