Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Intake upgrade do you have installed?

Which Intake upgrade do you currently have installed?

• COBB

Votes: 35 10.3%
  • Mountune

Votes: 37 10.9%
  • Mishimoto

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • CP-E

Votes: 33 9.7%
  • FSWERKS

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Injen

Votes: 42 12.4%
  • 2J-Racing

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • MAP

Votes: 12 3.5%
  • K&N

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • "Custom"

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • "Drop-In" Flat Panel Filter

Votes: 94 27.7%
  • "Modified" Stock Intake

Votes: 15 4.4%

• Total voters
Got the Injen Intake from Rally-sport Direct.

Sounds like Sonic the hedgehog battling Darth Vader in my engine bay! [twothumb]
I could'nt come up with a better way to describe it! I am very happy with the injen short ram definitely brought out the sound of the stock bov too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes.

The adapter they included for the '16 is defective but they say they will fix it if you send it to them, refund you (I assume it's for cases where you bought from them only from what I can tell from other posts), or send you a "fix" that I got. There were no instructions for it, but I assume it is for the fitting that goes into the stock tube off of the T fitting. I don't know if it will fix it, so I bought the adapter from Ron @ Whoosh.

The adapter from Ron is much cleaner than the octopus-like monstrosity that didn't work from Mishimoto.

Interesting, and good to know. I did see on the Mishimoto forum that they were talking about how they had a fix now being sent out. Thanks for the heads up.

Ordered a mountune full induction kit today for my 16 went ahead and ordered the Cobb adapter also I'm hoping I can make these two work nicely together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I will go back to the stock intake hose as soon as I get the return label from Mishimoto to return their 2016 disaster. Code is back, I now need a fix for the "fix", they even sent a complete assembly that as usual was not tested! Don't know know what I will do to replace it as all the "adapters" seem to block off a factory connection, so I need to look at why. Does anyone know the reason Ford did this for the 2016 and 2017 models?

I don't think it was an Emission issue as new laws have not come into play as far as I can tell, my understanding is the Evap line is plumbed to the intake for airflow. My "understandings" are often misunderstandings so anyone with a better knowledge jump in here please. I would think it was always plumbed to a vacuum line someplace so what prompted design changes that cost lots of money? What made Ford do this, I am hesitant to outguess Ford on this without understanding what is going on, was it a safety issue, reliability, performance? I see complaints of poor performance after a fill-up, was this the cure or are '16's also affected? I have never experienced it and habitually force every drop I can into my tank filling up. Still looking for a plug and play solution until I get it sorted out.

I feel that intakes for our car are a little over rated. Unless you just want a custom part, a drop in filter is just as effective on a stock turbo car.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I feel that intakes for our car are a little over rated. Unless you just want a custom part, a drop in filter is just as effective on a stock turbo car.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Last mod for my FBO car haha plus it looks good under the hood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just installed a Cobb CAI on my 2017. As of a few weeks ago they come with the 2016+ adapter hoses. About 50 miles on it so far and no CEL. IMG_20170330_175709.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

did you reflashed the CPU? any check engine lights?
I have a stock ECU and tune. I have not had any check engine lights with the Cobb setup. So far about 200 miles on the CAI.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk