Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Intake upgrade do you have installed?

Which Intake upgrade do you currently have installed?

• COBB

Votes: 35 10.3%
  • Mountune

Votes: 37 10.9%
  • Mishimoto

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • CP-E

Votes: 33 9.7%
  • FSWERKS

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Injen

Votes: 42 12.4%
  • 2J-Racing

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • MAP

Votes: 12 3.5%
  • K&N

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • "Custom"

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • "Drop-In" Flat Panel Filter

Votes: 94 27.7%
  • "Modified" Stock Intake

Votes: 15 4.4%

• Total voters

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
When you block off emission controls you are BREAKING my car not providing a "fix". A fix should be to make it work correctly, not bypass emission controls. That is what j2FiST is saying also. No engineering here folks, just a simple I can't make the "fix" work without defeating factory emission devices.

To some people our warranty is important and for those that are emission tested it is also important to be able to get a new tag. Calling this device a "fix" is ludicrous, it "fixes" nothing.

The Ford 2015 line will plug and play in the 2016 with most intakes and preserves all factory connections I am told from a user I trust. I have not tried it yet. But I will as soon as I get my refund from Mishi to buy a Mountune intake and order the Ford part. It is about $60 online.

CP-E tells me their new adapter also does not disconnect, plug or bypass emission controls for the 2016. Comes down to do you feel lucky with so called "fixes" or prefer to keep your car's emission system factory compliant with functional adapters. I am emission tested so I choose compliant (and would have even if not tested), $15 over non compliant seems to be a small cost for the comfort. To each his own. Caveat Emptor and wrench on.
you seem to be on a mission or campaign of some sort here
the bottom line is if you don't agree with a certain part or design simply don't buy it
I can assure you that I won't put up with you plastering nonsense about me or my product on the forums

oh and don't you think you modified your emissions system by adding the Diamond Motorsports OCC? I'm sure at your level of expertise you surely meant Damond anyway.....

lulz

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
My beef too.......looks like options are full Cobb kit, CP-E adapter or 2015 Ford hose assembly and any intake.
you are posting incorrect information

nobody has the cp-e other than their test car and me
the COBB throws a light as indicated above by user FiST407
the only viable option that works other than the whoosh evap kit is converting the 2016-2017 evap harness to 2014-2015 specs

the cp-e kits will start shipping this week so we shall see - I truly hope they work well

When you block off emission controls you are BREAKING my car not providing a "fix". A fix should be to make it work correctly, not bypass emission controls. That is what j2FiST is saying also. No engineering here folks, just a simple I can't make the "fix" work without defeating factory emission devices.

To some people our warranty is important and for those that are emission tested it is also important to be able to get a new tag. Calling this device a "fix" is ludicrous, it "fixes" nothing.

The Ford 2015 line will plug and play in the 2016 with most intakes and preserves all factory connections I am told from a user I trust. I have not tried it yet. But I will as soon as I get my refund from Mishi to buy a Mountune intake and order the Ford part. It is about $60 online.

CP-E tells me their new adapter also does not disconnect, plug or bypass emission controls for the 2016. Comes down to do you feel lucky with so called "fixes" or prefer to keep your car's emission system factory compliant with functional adapters. I am emission tested so I choose compliant (and would have even if not tested), $15 over non compliant seems to be a small cost for the comfort. To each his own. Caveat Emptor and wrench on.
You hit the nail on the head as why I have stayed stock. If something cant function as well as the factory intake then ill wait until there is one.

The factory intake with a drop in functions as effecient as an aftermarket if not better. Although it doesnt make the cool noises. This is in reference to a stock turbo car. I like the cool wooshy noises tho

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
the bottom line is if you don't agree with a certain part or design simply don't buy it
I can assure you that I won't put up with you plastering nonsense about me or my product on the forums

oh and don't you think you modified your emissions system by adding the Diamond Motorsports OCC? I'm sure at your level of expertise you surely meant Damond anyway.....

lulz
I am in full agreement with you, I am on a mission....... to let people know they have choices that include actual functional adaptors. I have no problem with your device I have problem with your lack of disclosure, people are free to buy what they want, I and others prefer not to modify our emissions for various reasons. I realize we are in a minority and that is OK. Nowhere did I tell people not to buy your device did I? That is their choice, I just offer the info you don't so they can make an informed choice. You took more time with this response that it would to add the ten to fifteen words to your website telling people their legal position. Why? In your own vernacular "I will not put up with your nonsense" of not disclosing your device is not street legal. If you want to be a respected business act like one, all of them have laws to follow.

As to an OCC, no, I don't think anything I know an OCC does not alter the FUNCTION of your emissions but then you seem shaky on the subject of emissions. There is no law that says you cannot change emission parts....the Fed law say you cannot ALTER the emissions. You do not break the law if you change sensors or a even a cat as long as it does not alter the functionality. Try some reasearch on the Magnuson-Moss Act explanations, it is an excellent starting place that will explain your rights as to third party parts. It is no different than changing hoses, filters, exhausts, cat's....it does not in any way alter the FUNCTION of the emission system. If I want to add all SS braided lines and chrome plated T's and one ways in your PCV line it in no way affects you emissions nor warranty unless the parts you replaced cause a failure.

On the other hand disconnecting or blocking parts of the emissions IS a violation of federal and state laws if driven on the streets. Don't you feel that in advocating your customers to break laws requires you to tell the people the legal facts? I would think if you are too busy you would be pleased someone is doing it for you. Possibly if you do it others would not have to do it for you. And since it bothers you so much, I will someday correct the spell check error for you. Have a nice day!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club

lulz
I am in full agreement with you, I am on a mission....... to let people know they have choices that include actual functional adaptors. I have no problem with your device I have problem with your lack of disclosure, people are free to buy what they want, I and others prefer not to modify our emissions for various reasons. I realize we are in a minority and that is OK. Nowhere did I tell people not to buy your device did I? That is their choice, I just offer the info you don't so they can make an informed choice. You took more time with this response that it would to add the ten to fifteen words to your website telling people their legal position. Why? In your own vernacular "I will not put up with your nonsense" of not disclosing your device is not street legal. If you want to be a respected business act like one, all of them have laws to follow.

As to an OCC, no, I don't think anything I know an OCC does not alter the FUNCTION of your emissions but then you seem shaky on the subject of emissions. There is no law that says you cannot change emission parts....the Fed law say you cannot ALTER the emissions. You do not break the law if you change sensors or a even a cat as long as it does not alter the functionality. Try some reasearch on the Magnuson-Moss Act explanations, it is an excellent starting place that will explain your rights as to third party parts. It is no different than changing hoses, filters, exhausts, cat's....it does not in any way alter the FUNCTION of the emission system. If I want to add all SS braided lines and chrome plated T's and one ways in your PCV line it in no way affects you emissions nor warranty unless the parts you replaced cause a failure.

On the other hand disconnecting or blocking parts of the emissions IS a violation of federal and state laws if driven on the streets. Don't you feel that in advocating your customers to break laws requires you to tell the people the legal facts? I would think if you are too busy you would be pleased someone is doing it for you. Possibly if you do it others would not have to do it for you. And since it bothers you so much, I will someday correct the spell check error for you. Have a nice day!

I've got a 16 FiST running mountune airbox & High flow filter with stock intake hose and it's amazing sounds good, looks stock to the untrained eye and functions well no CEL here also I'd you want more color you can paint your stock intake hose assembly etc. I'll probably modify the stock airbox lid to be see through in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
you are posting incorrect information

nobody has the cp-e other than their test car and me
the COBB throws a light as indicated above by user FiST407
the only viable option that works other than the whoosh evap kit is converting the 2016-2017 evap harness to 2014-2015 specs

the cp-e kits will start shipping this week so we shall see - I truly hope they work well
You are correct it was not the CP-E it was the Cobb that claims full functionality .......and I see it is throwing codes. Now I know why Mountune has not released theirs, spoke to them last Summer and it was just months away. Seems Ford has a lock on making it work correctly for some reason.

As an update to my previous post. After clearing the CEL and triple checking all of the connections on my Cobb CAI. I have successfully put over 2,000 miles on the kit without another CEL.

I am currently testing a prototype check valve for Cobb which, after the first 300 miles, not given any CELs.

Thus far, I am very pleased​ with the Cobb kit and I am very confident in it's reliability.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It is a variation on that. Still running it btw.

That is what I had originally, but after several hundred miles I received a CEL. After that I tested a version with a different check valve, but same result.

Right now I have a different version all together with different tubing lengths. I have about 1,700 miles on it with no CEL.

Well now I kinda feel like I should wait to get a cpe intake as it seems its the only one that doesn't have issues with 2016+ cars. I was thinking about the cobb but......

Well now I kinda feel like I should wait to get a cpe intake as it seems its the only one that doesn't have issues with 2016+ cars. I was thinking about the cobb but......
I'm not sure what they are putting into production currently, but the version I have has given me no issues whatsoever since install.

For what it's worth, I have personally gained a lot of faith in the Cobb brand throughout this process based on their responsiveness to my issues.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
You can use any intake you want with the Ford cable and have no codes or "fixes" bypassing factory emission controls.

Installed a cobb in my 2016 a few weeks ago and have had 0 issues. Install was straight forward and I've had no problems so far after around 700 miles.

Installed a COBB intake a month ago. Zero problems and straightforward installation.

The only annoyance is that it's too quiet for my taste.. Does anyone run the COBB intake without the plate cover? I know it defeats the purpose of a closed intake, but purely for the sound I'm curious about the results.

coke

Installed a COBB intake a month ago. Zero problems and straightforward installation.

The only annoyance is that it's too quiet for my taste.. Does anyone run the COBB intake without the plate cover? I know it defeats the purpose of a closed intake, but purely for the sound I'm curious about the results.
I added a velossatech big mouth to my cobb intake, and it seems to be louder. I also added a go fast bits DV+ at the same time though, so not sure how much of an impact that had on the sound.

I added a velossatech big mouth to my cobb intake, and it seems to be louder. I also added a go fast bits DV+ at the same time though, so not sure how much of an impact that had on the sound.
Thanks for the answer. I already cut the part of the plastic (what you need to cut to install the big mouth) and it added a bit of sound. Out of curiosity I removed the plate cover of the COBB intake and it was twice as loud haha :p. Great sound really but the intake temps were in fact affected.. so I reinstalled it.

I'm running an Air Box from a Fiesta ST200, w/a Cobb Air Filter, and a Mountune High Flow Induction Hose, w/the Ford Evaporate Hose for a 2015 Fiesta ST.

I've had absolutely no issues using the Ford Evaporate Hose for a 2015 Fiesta ST on my 2016.