Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Catback to go with??

I have an appointment with Steeda (I live in South Florida) in 2 weeks to purchase and install a catback on LilVader......They offer both MBRP, Ford Performance, Borla, Montune.. I had previous experience with Borla....I dont plan to do more mods once this is done...Your opinion on sound, fit and quality will be very appreciated...feel free to comment....Thank you. ????

TUX15ST

Cheap stainless and hardware and poor fitment (hence why its the cheapest mass produced catback) although it does sound good.

haste

1000 Post Club
If those are your only choices, I would go with Mountune.

OP
L
Thread Starter #9
If you dont mind sharing...What would you say is a fair price or the price you paid for the mountune/ Borla or Ford Performance???thanx.

You know there are three different versions of the MBRP. One for every budget. I bought the highest model with SS T304.

No fitment issues, pretty much matched quality of every single exhaust I've owned in the last 15 years. I've owned quite a few..

So, how is the SS cheap? Which model are you referring to? Aluminized steel? T-409? T-304?

my vote is for mountune, but only because I have and enjoy mine. although my 4 year old daughter complains its too loud.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Cheap stainless and hardware and poor fitment (hence why its the cheapest mass produced catback) although it does sound good.
Cheap and inexpensive are different things. I've had the aluminized version (read: "cheapest") for over two years now. It's in its third winter, and has seen snow, slush, ice, salt, and it's been fine and has always fit great.

Some Guy On The Internet

I have the "cheastpest" Mbrp..not gonna lie I had to do some mods.
Wasint much but I had to weld one of the pipes together cuz the fitting was off(made a very, very, very unpleasant noise because of it & less drone after welded) did the diy sympo delete(made a noticeable difference in the drone...in a good way like less drones)Also had to reposition/smashed in some of the heat shields under the car so it's not touching/rubbing. And replaced the 2 dp bolts to longer ones cuz the factory ones were really short and was giving me a headache....
because of the little mods I did(which ain't shit really lol) I'm very happy with the exhaust now. Sounds amazing. Spools really loud. It pops and crackle and scares me sometimes when I'm not excepting a loud backfire but sometimes it sounds like a damn gunshot. Also sometimes tends to do multiple backfire.
With my intake,bov, downpipe, and the exhaust...my car def. sounds a lot faster then it really is lol
Oh and to get a idea of how loud the backfire can be...I dropped my friend of and about 2 blocks down I had to gun the yellow light turning red, so I did and pretty much my friend said that it was so loud he got scared and thought I pulled up next to him lol but I was like 3-4 blocks down by then lol
Hope this helps...this was all that I can think of to possibly help you get what you want.
Oh and to top it off...the stutututu noise before the backfires or slight pop n crackles really makes it sounds like a tuner car. Lol
Happy late New Years

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Usually, most charge more for the Ford branded Borla, than for the Borla branded system, so those two being the same exact system, IF I were trying to decide between those two, I would just go with the Borla one at that point. [wink]

OP
L
Thread Starter #17
Thank you everybody......Great feedback!!! Please..keep it coming......

IF I did not go to, or want a 3" system, this ^^^ is the one I would have tried to get. ;)
meh! Milltek runs 2.75-inch (69.85mm) dp and cb systems. Is 0.25-inch extra really worth it? I didn't care much, I'd rather have the quality and sound :) Took 2 1/2 days from time the order was placed to delivery. buy in euros vs. $s and it'll be a bit cheaper

To each their own tho [rockon]