Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Catback to go with??

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I have the "cheastpest" Mbrp..not gonna lie I had to do some mods.
Wasint much but I had to weld one of the pipes together cuz the fitting was off(made a very, very, very unpleasant noise because of it & less drone after welded) did the diy sympo delete(made a noticeable difference in the drone...in a good way like less drones)Also had to reposition/smashed in some of the heat shields under the car so it's not touching/rubbing. And replaced the 2 dp bolts to longer ones cuz the factory ones were really short and was giving me a headache....
because of the little mods I did(which ain't shit really lol) I'm very happy with the exhaust now. Sounds amazing. Spools really loud. It pops and crackle and scares me sometimes when I'm not excepting a loud backfire but sometimes it sounds like a damn gunshot. Also sometimes tends to do multiple backfire.
With my intake,bov, downpipe, and the exhaust...my car def. sounds a lot faster then it really is lol
Oh and to get a idea of how loud the backfire can be...I dropped my friend of and about 2 blocks down I had to gun the yellow light turning red, so I did and pretty much my friend said that it was so loud he got scared and thought I pulled up next to him lol but I was like 3-4 blocks down by then lol
Hope this helps...this was all that I can think of to possibly help you get what you want.
Oh and to top it off...the stutututu noise before the backfires or slight pop n crackles really makes it sounds like a tuner car. Lol
Happy late New Years
I've been told from others that when my car after-fires it feels like something has struck their car. Also, it can be felt from 20-30 yards out.

I've been told from others that when my car after-fires it feels like something has struck their car. Also, it can be felt from 20-30 yards out.
hahaha i bet! with the modds you have done and im thinking that big ass turbo you running got something to do with your air cannon lol

AzNightmare

Don't forget about COBB. They're quality is one of the best, up there with mountune. MAP exhaust probably has the nicest welds I've ever seen.

Also factor in your build though. If you're planning to upgrade your turbo eventually, you would benefit more with a 3" exhaust.

Don't forget about COBB. They're quality is one of the best, up there with mountune. MAP exhaust probably has the nicest welds I've ever seen.

Also factor in your build though. If you're planning to upgrade your turbo eventually, you would benefit more with a 3" exhaust.
Thanks for letting me know, I have been looking at some. I wanted to stay on stock dp as well, would I run into any issues there?

AzNightmare

Thanks for letting me know, I have been looking at some. I wanted to stay on stock dp as well, would I run into any issues there?
If you plan to upgrade turbo, then 3" exhaust + 3" downpipe is what you should aim toward.
If you plan to stay oem turbo, then 2.5" exhaust + oem downpipe is good.

I don't think you'll have any issues with a 3" exhaust with the oem dp, although generally if you're gonna go 3" exhaust, you should probably get an aftermarket dp as well (and then upgrade the turbo too).