Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

No spare tire / no trunk floor liner ideas?

codestp202

Hey guys,

I pulled the spare and the trunk floor because I love the extra space you get. Able to fit a lot more groceries and bags in the hump that the spare took up.

Has anyone come up with a makeshift liner so it isn't bare metal and something to cover the wires that run behind the back seat?

Let me know any ideas!

Siestarider

I took everything behind the front seats out and replaced with a composite foam bed. The same technique could apply to just the area behind back seats. Search Rear Seat Delete and the thread will pop up. Might be a useful idea in there.

I really like my conversion. Pulling the front section out takes 30 seconds, quick 20 lbs weight loss for tracking.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you are not worried about it only being temporary/semi-permanent; a black moving blanket will work, or there is a flexible PVC (I think that what it is made out of??) water barrier sheeting material I've seen on huge rolls (to be cut to length) in the major home supply stores' plumbing departments.

I was even thinking of getting some of this and heat molding it to conform to the shape of the well/post rear seat area since I removed everything back there (except for the spare/jack), and will remove the back seat in the near future. ;)

OP
codestp202

codestp202

Thread Starter #5
All very good ideas! Thank you everyone

If you are not worried about it only being temporary/semi-permanent; a black moving blanket will work, or there is a flexible PVC (I think that what it is made out of??) water barrier sheeting material I've seen on huge rolls (to be cut to length) in the major home supply stores' plumbing departments.

I was even thinking of getting some of this and heat molding it to conform to the shape of the well/post rear seat area since I removed everything back there (except for the spare/jack), and will remove the back seat in the near future. ;)
That's called a shower pan...even though it's not a pan in the logical sense.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That's called a shower pan...even though it's not a pan in the logical sense.
Yes, now that I think about the display, you are correct.

Even though it can get kind of costly, there is always the adhesive backed heat/sound barrier sheets from D.E.I., Thermo Tec, Heatshield, Dynamat, X-Mat, etc.

I believe (?) some of them are available in a black, or at least a non-reflective exposed top layer to eliminate glare, in case you want to leave the rear cargo cover off.