Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Group Buy: cp-e intake Ram Air Box GROUP BUY with custom color options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Wow over 30, Ron you are killing it!

Cp-e must be stoked, that's not a bad little production run.

And I have to say I was very surprised when the other parts I ordered showed up at my shop today! I was headed back to my desk to check the tracking so I could plan my install and there it was, sitting in my chair!

Is there a standard for the quick release hose fittings that connect to the intake tube? This is my first experience with them, is it a Ford thing? I kind of want to try my hand at machining a solution, I have a few ideas ????

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #242
Wow over 30, Ron you are killing it!

Cp-e must be stoked, that's not a bad little production run.

And I have to say I was very surprised when the other parts I ordered showed up at my shop today! I was headed back to my desk to check the tracking so I could plan my install and there it was, sitting in my chair!

Is there a standard for the quick release hose fittings that connect to the intake tube? This is my first experience with them, is it a Ford thing? I kind of want to try my hand at machining a solution, I have a few ideas ????
the fitting on the charge pipe and intake tube is just a 3/8" fuel quick connector with 3/8" barb - nothing secret or fancy
many varieties available

thank you for the kind words[cheers]

Based

What is the difference between Dflow and SynoilD? And what is the 4" pre filter?

I have a 2016 and I want mine red just like in the picture in the OP.

Don't see my name on the list.

Black 2014-2015 with dry flow filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #247
Don't see my name on the list.

Black 2014-2015 with dry flow filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the list was being used to gain interest for the group guy
I have the actual list of people with deposits made - no worries

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #248
update on the DIY check engine fix
guess what??? no check engine light
I'm, on my 3rd tank of fuel
have driven hard to granny style

I'm waiting for the last piece to assemble the DIY kits and I'll post a pic and add to the site for purchase

stay tuned

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #249
2016+ PCV check engine light "fix" will be up on my site for SALE in a few days
Look for a new thread and a link here

This will work for the cp-e intakes as well as pretty much any other intake so you can buy a 2014-2015 silicone induction hose or intake kit and use it on your 2016+ Fiesta

thanks again to Jon TuxBlack15 and MisSTrouble for the member support, testing, pics, and being part of the Fiesta community.
It's great to see members figure out real solutions to problems that large company's can't seemingly get a handle on *giggle*

-Ron

Ron you're awesome for doing this, I always wonder why no one can come up with a fix when they can afford the R&D and someone just figures to delete a boost line and fixed it. lol

By the way if I am replacing all my IC pipes with CP-E ones, do these replacement pipes also have the boost line to cap off?

I was just wondering where this boost line goes in the 2014-2015, if it goes to the intake in the 2016...

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #251
there it is....

the "fix"

new thread popping up in the whoosh section in a few minutes...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
By the way if I am replacing all my IC pipes with CP-E ones, do these replacement pipes also have the boost line to cap off?
Unless I am looking at them wrong, it seems that ALL of the cp-e cold side charge pipes have that boost line nipple brazed onto them, so yes, it will have to be capped off with these '16 adapters.

Unless I am looking at them wrong, it seems that ALL of the cp-e cold side charge pipes have that boost line nipple brazed onto them, so yes, it will have to be capped off with these '16 adapters.
i wonder where does that kine go in the 14 and 15

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #254
i wonder where does that kine go in the 14 and 15
it goes to another "T" on the same line where there is a check valve on the 2014-2015 models

Mitch from cp-e was explaining this to me this morning.
Quite possibly you may be able to buy a 2014-2015 harness, install a 2014-2015 intake on a 2016+ Fiesta then install the 2014-2015 evap harness on your car and you'd be good to go
It would cost probably near double what the "Fix" kit costs

I may pick one up just to see if it works...

DangerMouse

I like how you keep going with this. I will probably purchase the "Fix" kit, but I do like the idea of using all oem parts, if you can find out what is needed, I wouldn't mind spending a little extra to have it oem.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #256
I like how you keep going with this. I will probably purchase the "Fix" kit, but I do like the idea of using all oem parts, if you can find out what is needed, I wouldn't mind spending a little extra to have it oem.
thanks
Dealer price for the harness is $84.25
It can be had a little cheaper on-line from Tasca etc. but then add shipping so you're still near $65-70

Okay so what is the next step after making our deposits? Just waiting for Cp-e to have them ready and we can order? Also, if we have a 2016, we will need the additional 45$ harness to make it work?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #258
Okay so what is the next step after making our deposits? Just waiting for Cp-e to have them ready and we can order? Also, if we have a 2016, we will need the additional 45$ harness to make it work?
nothing has changed since the first post
the deposits were made and I placed the PO with cp-e
6 weeks after the PO was placed, I'll post up a link to my site to pay the balance of the intake
in most cases it will be $170 (150 + 170 = 320 shipped)
if you decide to purchase cp-e's evap 2016+ harness that will be an option during checkout (not sure what that price is as they are finalizing it)

or you can buy my kit...or make your own....it's easy
there are many choices and I'll assist you however I can

thanks!
let me know if there are any other questions

Do you know what is approximately the 6 week mark? I should be getting a check from uncle Sam here in a couple weeks and I need to order a bunch of stuff from you. Just wondering if it'll be around the same time so I can pay for everything all at once...

Do you know what is approximately the 6 week mark? I should be getting a check from uncle Sam here in a couple weeks and I need to order a bunch of stuff from you. Just wondering if it'll be around the same time so I can pay for everything all at once...
Dug through the pages real quick. Looks like the GB closed on 30 JAN. Guessing payments will be taken on/around 13 MAR.