Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Group Buy: cp-e intake Ram Air Box GROUP BUY with custom color options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #343
10 kits shipped today so far
I'll send tracking numbers out in a few

cp-e is doing they best they can
hang in there guys....the rest will ship ASAP!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #349
all whoosh evap kits werer just dropped off at the post office USPS PM flat rate small box
I'm pretty sure all intake kits shipped but a few for Canada and maybe 2 or 3 for the US that will all be buttoned up tomorrow

thanks everyone

-Ron

V_2

Mine has been in MD since Saturday according to fedex. Thinking it got hidden under some boxes at CP-E's loading dock, haha.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mine has been in MD since Saturday according to fedex. Thinking it got hidden under some boxes at CP-E's loading dock, haha.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Same. Was beginning to worry I was the only one haha.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

all whoosh evap kits werer just dropped off at the post office USPS PM flat rate small box
I'm pretty sure all intake kits shipped but a few for Canada and maybe 2 or 3 for the US that will all be buttoned up tomorrow

thanks everyone

-Ron
Got my kit but that decal is a pita to get off. It's like superglued down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my kit but that decal is a pita to get off. It's like superglued down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put mine under the faucet in the tub. Soaked it and peeled the paper layer off... then was able to rub the adhesive layer of with my thumb. Worked out ok... no scratches...

So.. I have 4 boxes of CP-E stuff (intake, intercooler, hot and cold piping) to put in my car... solid mounts (side and transmission), and a gfb dv upgrade... sounds like a fun weekend if I can allocate my tools!

anyway... I have both Ron's fix and CP-E's fix, I ordered both to see both in my hands... my findings are:

overall Ron's kit is higher quality due to check valve, and it seems like the hose he used is of a higher grade (hard to explain, but there are differences in the line).
CP-E uses what looks more like OE style connector on the long line to intake, I like that.
CP-E uses a typical vacuum cap to close off the intercooler pipe line it looks cleaner.
CP-E's valve is plastic and cannot hold a candle to the valve Ron used.

I might take CP-E's intake connector and vacuum cap and put it into ron's kit so I have the better quality hose, valve, and connector, plus a cleaner looking cap off.

If you're in the market for one of these "fix" I would go with Ron's solution.. no questions asked.

:)

I will probably build the kit back with the CP-E valve and whoosh connectors and maybe sell it for shipping cost and a beer (thats 6-8 dollars at a bar in NYC) or just raffle it off for a good cause depending on how much sweat and blood goes into mashing up the products. lol, which may take place at the end of month due to scheduling conflicts... or even later :(

DangerMouse

Mine just showed up today. Quite an impressive looking system.

After inspection, I have a scuff / scratch on the maf pipe but luckily it's on the bottom. The rest looks top notch.

I'll be installing this and the cpe fmic with Mountune and mtc pipes next weekend.

Also going to attempt delrin steering rack bushing install. Wish me luck!

I have a '15 FiST, the (what i assume is) EVAP connector bung coming off of the induction tube is too big to properly mate to the connector....anyone else have this issue? Not throwing any codes.

I have a '15 FiST, the (what i assume is) EVAP connector bung coming off of the induction tube is too big to properly mate to the connector....anyone else have this issue? Not throwing any codes.
I haven't opened mine yet, but if it's anything like their cold side pipe, you may have to sand off some powder coat on the fitting to make it work

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk