Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Group Buy: cp-e intake Ram Air Box GROUP BUY with custom color options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I wish that I already had all of the other 'necessary' stuff (SEATS!!, coil overs, or dampers/springs, summer tires, winter wheels/tires, diff, etc.) I want/need for this car so that I could get in on this deal as well. [:(]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #83
I wish that I already had all of the other 'necessary' stuff (SEATS!!, coil overs, or dampers/springs, summer tires, winter wheels/tires, diff, etc.) I want/need for this car so that I could get in on this deal as well. [:(]
1 step at a time, grab the good deals when they are around [wrenchin]

I'm interested,

2016 in black.

Any chance of getting a black air box cover vs clear? It will almost look like an oem part...

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #85
I'm interested,

2016 in black.

Any chance of getting a black air box cover vs clear? It will almost look like an oem part...
awww man, you're stealing my thunder - I was planning to tint my clear lid for something different. To answer your question, no it would have to be done on your end. The clear part is standard on all their boxes for the Focus, Fiesta, etc.

awww man, you're stealing my thunder - I was planning to tint my clear lid for something different. To answer your question, no it would have to be done on your end. The clear part is standard on all their boxes for the Focus, Fiesta, etc.
Haha, easy enough! I can order up some black plastic and mill it up, or go over board and make it out of black delrin... No wait... Those are both way overboard haha rattle can/dip is the easy solution!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #87
Haha, easy enough! I can order up some black plastic and mill it up, or go over board and make it out of black delrin... No wait... Those are both way overboard haha rattle can/dip is the easy solution!
Nice
I'm just looking for a slightly darker smoke tint rather than clear
Maybe a yellow tint [^]

Does the CP-e intake require a tune? I have yet to pick up my AccessPort and am just checking my order of operations...

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #89
Does the CP-e intake require a tune? I have yet to pick up my AccessPort and am just checking my order of operations...
you do NOT require a tune to run the cp-e intake kit

thanks!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #92
Which one is better the dry flow or the Synoil
I prefer the dry flow whenever there is a sensor in the intake pipe
that's just a personal preference, I'm not saying it's necessarily "better"

DangerMouse

Ha I already bought some amber plexi to have for my lid! I have access to a water jet, if it goes well I can get a few done for those looking.

The reason being because if you over oil it the oil could in return throw off the sensor correct? I've just never had a dry flow filtered always had the oiled ones.

There's a choice, or you changed out a standard oiled filter for an aFe, AIRAID, etc. dry flow type?
I purchased mine several months ago directly from CPE's website and they give you the option of a dry (DFLOW) or oiled (SynoilD) filter. I would imagine that is something that could also be a part of this group buy but I will let Ron answer that if that information/option wasn't already included somewhere in this thread.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #96
I purchased mine several months ago directly from CPE's website and they give you the option of a dry (DFLOW) or oiled (SynoilD) filter. I would imagine that is something that could also be a part of this group buy but I will let Ron answer that if that information/option wasn't already included somewhere in this thread.
great input - thank you
the 2 filter options will be part of the group buy [twothumb]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
+1
In fact, I really wish that someone made a dry flow type PANEL filter to fit in the factory style air boxes. [:(]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #98
+1
In fact, I really wish that someone made a dry flow type PANEL filter to fit in the factory style air boxes. [:(]
OFF-TOPIC but, the Mountune (which I have) is a dry flat panel than can be oiled if desired
back on topic - PM is needed

thanks

Ron,
Please remove me from the list I've had some unexpected things come up and I'm going to have to put this great deal on hold for now.
Tony

The reason being because if you over oil it the oil could in return throw off the sensor correct? I've just never had a dry flow filtered always had the oiled ones.
Has anybody actually witnessed this?

Will a K&N filter cause my vehicle's mass air sensor to fail?

No. This is an "urban myth" and has not been supported by any factual evidence. The oil does not come off of a K&N air filter when it is in use, even when over-oiled or in extreme air flow rates exceeding 1000 CF'M.

If somehow K&N air filter oil were to make contact with a mass air sensor, the oil would not cause the sensor to fail. We have intentionally coated mass air sensors with our filter oil, and monitored the sensors' output when installed in daily driven vehicles. These sensors continued to function normally, even after being sprayed and submerged in K&N air filter oil. K&N air filter oil does not cause problems with mass air sensors.
No dealership or service provider, when contacted, has ever been able to provide us with evidence to support this "myth," and in fact, our investigations have revealed that even authorized dealerships are simply speculating and do not have the test equipment necessary to know whether the sensor has failed or why. In the last 7 years, we have had more than 300 actual sensors sent to us by consumers with documents showing dealerships claimed our product had caused them to fail. Microscopic, electronic and chemical testing revealed that none of these sensors were contaminated by K&N oil (K&N Detailed MAF Sensor Test Results). What is perhaps the single biggest clue to what is going on is that over 50% of these sensors sent to us were not broken in the first place for any reason.
http://www.knfilters.com/maf/massair.htm