Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Group Buy: cp-e intake Ram Air Box GROUP BUY with custom color options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

check post #1 gents!
It looks like 2 clip lines (oem fitment) and one cut line as mentioned before?

thanks for the pic and clarification... still on the fence, knowing the price is like a once in a life time thing (unless CP-e's website stop crashing on BF sales). lol

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #142
It looks like 2 clip lines (oem fitment) and one cut line as mentioned before?

thanks for the pic and clarification... still on the fence, knowing the price is like a once in a life time thing (unless CP-e's website stop crashing on BF sales). lol
John TuxBlack15 has a way to make your own "fix" for 16+ owners so you can purchase a 2014-2015 kit and it actually deletes one line for a clean look
I'll be testing this on my car and posting pics so stay tuned
You have plenty of time to make a deposit on a kit and make a choice to order a 2014-2015 kit or 2016+ kit when final payment is due by the way;)

If the fix works I'll sell some pre-made kits to anyone that wants one if that helps people here for just the cost of materials and shipping

John TuxBlack15 has a way to make your own "fix" for 16+ owners so you can purchase a 2014-2015 kit and it actually deletes one line for a clean look
You have plenty of time to make a deposit on a kit and make a choice to order a 2014-2015 kit or 2016+ kit when final payment is due by the way;)

If the fix works I'll sell some pre-made kits to anyone that wants one if that helps people here for just the cost of materials and shipping
Damn Ron, you are awesome!

OK, so before I put my deposit down I have to know: what has to happen before I can change the color over to white, and if I have to pay for the white powdercoating, how much would it be. Seriously. The main reason I jumped on this was the custom powdercoating which I still think is awesome. You haven't let me down yet Ron...

Sorry playa, went with the MAPerformance intake.

Ha, there's gotta be someone out there who wants one, maybe they don't know it yet.

The look of CP-e's tangerine scream Focus ST dressed up with the color matching intake looks pretty sleek, dare I say so myself. Am envisioning the pearl white to have a similarly attractive, perhaps slightly more diluted, pop.

Ha, there's gotta be someone out there who wants one, maybe they don't know it yet.

The look of CP-e's tangerine scream Focus ST dressed up with the color matching intake looks pretty sleek, dare I say so myself. Am envisioning the pearl white to have a similarly attractive, perhaps slightly more diluted, pop.
Damn. That does look dope. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I've been running this "fix" for almost a year now with no P144C codes thrown after my intake with the 2016 adapter kept throwing codes. You basically eliminate and cap off the boost bleed line that comes off of your cold side charge pipe. So now the flow path is T-fitting-check valve-intake. No issues since. If by chance you do get a code, it's a simple "clear KAM memory" in your Cobb AP to make it go away. I can post a picture of my setup if necessary.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
In for a 2016+/black.

I'm not looking forward to the intake shuffle when the car's due for smogging, but that's a few years away yet. Maybe I can teach (bribe) my 11 year old to wrench by then.
I don't even have to worry about that here in Pennsyltuckey (as long as there are no codes, and all of the readiness monitors are there, one usually passes), but I would HATE to have to be doing the same "shuffle" every time it had to go back to the dealer for TSB/warranty work, as that is something which pops right out at them as NOT factory, and they do not have to go looking for to find/see. [:(]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #151
I've been running this "fix" for almost a year now with no P144C codes thrown after my intake with the 2016 adapter kept throwing codes. You basically eliminate and cap off the boost bleed line that comes off of your cold side charge pipe. So now the flow path is T-fitting-check valve-intake. No issues since. If by chance you do get a code, it's a simple "clear KAM memory" in your Cobb AP to make it go away. I can post a picture of my setup if necessary.
yes please post plenty of pics

yes please post plenty of pics
Here's my setup on my 2016. It's as simplistic as it gets. It just goes from the T-fitting to a check valve, then straight to the intake. This completely eliminates the unnecessary boost bleed line going from the intake to the cold side charge pipe. Now I can run whatever intake I wish to.

Here's the capped-off nipple on the cold side charge pipe (yes, I know it's dirty. My fault for having polished charge pipes). Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I need to drum up more buyers for white. I'm on it on IG!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #155
officially half way to the best price

10 deposits are in[rockon]

and there are at least 4 people that have said Friday or this weekend for making a deposit through PM or FB/IG
20 looks very promising

let's go guys and gals!

and thanks everyone for the support and info posted in this thread
I think we can put together the cleanest and most economical 2016+ solution based on the info provided from the membership here which is awesome.

Ready to put my deposit down... Couple questions though...
1. If I missed it, I'm sorry but when is the deadline for this and when will we be receiving orders?
2. I wanna get in on the cp-e intake AND big mouth combo. How do I do that?

Either way, I'm in for a Red intake w/ NON-oiled filter for my 2015.

Ron, if you can let me know how to get in on that combo deal, I got money ready to lay down for the deposit. Thanks!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #157
Ready to put my deposit down... Couple questions though...
1. If I missed it, I'm sorry but when is the deadline for this and when will we be receiving orders?
2. I wanna get in on the cp-e intake AND big mouth combo. How do I do that?

Either way, I'm in for a Red intake w/ NON-oiled filter for my 2015.

Ron, if you can let me know how to get in on that combo deal, I got money ready to lay down for the deposit. Thanks!
I'd like to wrap up taking deposits and submit the order to cp-e by the end of January (early next week)
From that point of ordering the intakes, ship time and the balance of the payment is approx. 6 weeks

Although I was told production could be 6-8 weeks as stated in Post #1 just in case there are any delays all buyers must be prepared for 6-8 weeks from the order point.
I teamed up with Velossa Tech so we could save everyone $$$$$$ on the best intake combo known to the Fiesta ST
You have to purchase the Big Mouth independently through Velossa Tech over on their site
There is a group buy thread up in the Velossa Tech section
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/12194-CPE-Intake-BIG-MOUTH-GROUP-BUY
This "dual group" buy has the cp-e intake priced lower than ever and according to Velossa Tech their price is lower than Black Friday SALE as well which is pure awesome sauce

Good times for everyone!
I'm picking up a Big Mouth for my FIST as well[twothumb]

Great. I'll go over to your site and get my deposit put in for the intake. Then drop my name in the hat for the big mouth over on their thread. I think the hardest part will be watching the calendar for 6-8weeks but it's a small price to pay for a great setup at a discount. Big thanks to you and cp-e for putting this together!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #160
Great. I'll go over to your site and get my deposit put in for the intake. Then drop my name in the hat for the big mouth over on their thread. I think the hardest part will be watching the calendar for 6-8weeks but it's a small price to pay for a great setup at a discount. Big thanks to you and cp-e for putting this together!
Let's give thanks to cp-e for making a superior product
I'm twisting arms and basically holding the owners hostage by pushing these group buys LOL

Oh and BTW, we just hit 11 deposits thanks to you digglesworth