Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Group Buy: cp-e intake Ram Air Box GROUP BUY with custom color options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #421
Does anyone know where this guy went? I placed order with him two weeks ago now and still no tracking etc.
OK I found your order

you placed it on April 25th at 9:11pm so actually the order is a April 26th order
You are rounding up on the amount of time for forum linchmob affect I guess lol I have 3 more days until the 2 week mark

All jokes aside the reason your order hasn't shipped is because I've sold out of my first batch of RAMAIR filters
Batch 2 is on the way to my new place in Vegas - when I get there all of my panel filter back orders will ship

sorry for the delay and lack of response

having done a cross country move recently myself i do not envy you! good luck with everything when you get to vegas

edit: as an update to my missing evap fix kit, it looks like my building's doorman signed for and then lost the package. lovely :). Sorry for any hassle Ron / cp-e!

Last edited:

Based

Ok I just ordered mine + the 2016 fix thingy. I'm excited and hope it gets to me soon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V_2

Got mine installed the other day and so far I'm not impressed. Not knocking cp-e's build quality or Ron's service. Both are top notch! However, I am noticing way more turbo lag on my DHM 290r kit compared to the MAP intake I had previously installed. I plan to re-check all fittings to insure no leaks are present, but I am doubtful, since I double checked everything during install and re-checked after about 100 miles of driving. I will be selling the intake if I can't get better results, though. Sucks, because I really do think this is the best built intake I have seen in a while.

Based

Got mine installed the other day and so far I'm not impressed. Not knocking cp-e's build quality or Ron's service. Both are top notch! However, I am noticing way more turbo lag on my DHM 290r kit compared to the MAP intake I had previously installed. I plan to re-check all fittings to insure no leaks are present, but I am doubtful, since I double checked everything during install and re-checked after about 100 miles of driving. I will be selling the intake if I can't get better results, though. Sucks, because I really do think this is the best built intake I have seen in a while.
Maybe because the CPE intake is bigger than the MAP? Idk if it is or not

J2FoRS

Dibs [neener]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #427
very sorry to hear this
Deadhook seems to be the authority when speaking power and actual performance. They had mentioned on many occasions that the cp-e intake is the best option for since it is 3" and has an airbox
What tune are you running on the car?

Based

very sorry to hear this
Deadhook seems to be the authority when speaking power and actual performance. They had mentioned on many occasions that the cp-e intake is the best option for since it is 3" and has an airbox
Yeah that's why I bought mine

V_2

very sorry to hear this
No doubt, which is why I ordered this kit to replace what I had. But my E30 map basically spools like my 93 map now; the top end is there but low-mid RPM lag is definitely more pronounced. I'm tuned with Tune+ and have sent a datalog to see if he can give any insight. I'll let you guys know what I come up with. I'm only suspicious about the 3"-2.5" elbow between intake and compressor inlet. I can certainly see turbulence being an issue if the intake isn't 100% straight in there or the elbow is twisted/kinked.

Based

[MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION]

@Hijinx

Last edited:

Based

Anyone else with turbo lag with this intake?

Nope lol, I got it installed maybe 2 weekends ago, and today I spent time under the car deleting the symposer as well as checking all my clamps...
All my clamps were loose from initial installation as well! So double check em

Initially I also mixed up the 3 black and 3 silver machine screws that are connected to the box. Everything is all buttoned up.

This was a bit of a pain to install so maybe if you double check the fittings. Just like everything practice makes perfect

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Maybe you will have to adjust your tune....just a thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

V_2

I reseated the entire intake minus airbox, reset the ECU learning and drove another ~100 miles and noticed no difference in the lag I was experiencing. Then I fueled up and immediately noticed an increase in low-end response.

So I'll just assume bad gas at coincidentally bad timing and call it a day.

Based

I reseated the entire intake minus airbox, reset the ECU learning and drove another ~100 miles and noticed no difference in the lag I was experiencing. Then I fueled up and immediately noticed an increase in low-end response.

So I'll just assume bad gas at coincidentally bad timing and call it a day.
Good!

Based

Alright mine came in today. How long did it take you guys to install it? I'm reading the instructions and it seems like a 2 or 2.5 hour job. But I'm slow and spend more time looking for my tool I just put down than working

V_2

I'd say that's a fair assessment. It took me 2.5 hours and a good chunk of that was tearing the garage apart looking for my factory airbox to remove the snorkel.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Yeah, don't miss the snorkel step.. it is a royal pain to install at the end. And if you have a 16, put the kit on early while the airbox is out. I probably got too frustrated during my install and put more scratches in the new kit than was really necessary; getting the cowl off would probably make it much easier, possibly faster. I took 3 hours or so.

Alright mine came in today. How long did it take you guys to install it? I'm reading the instructions and it seems like a 2 or 2.5 hour job. But I'm slow and spend more time looking for my tool I just put down than working

Took me about 3.5 because my catch can took about 30 minutes to removed itself and then the stock intake to turbo clamp was really hard to get to with my meaty hands.