Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Group Buy: cp-e intake Ram Air Box GROUP BUY with custom color options

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Yes, around the tabs was how I got it... The only difficulties I had were where I had to get my bear paws into tight spaces, and on the 2016+, plugging the charge pipe connection with the clamp on the plug I lost a lot of skin ha ha. Would have put it on ramps if I was doing it alone, but had a buddy to help...

I will take some pictures when it stops raining... should have done it last night after install...

After opening my box I was not expecting the airbox to be tackwelded together. After scrutinizing others photos I it looks like it is by design. I don't know if it is worthwhile to plug the airgaps or not with a tape or putty since I doubt I could make it look nice. I also don't know if it would make any difference in noise or heat. I may just be letting my anal side out too much :)
I totally get that because I used foam tape on my mishimoto to fill the gap at the top and where the funnel attaches since that was really loose.
I think I'm going to wrap the outside with the gold insulation tape to also cover the gaps you mentioned and then paint the inside some color.
I'll probably use some foam tape again where the funnel attaches to the box if it is loose like Mishimoto's.

Kit has arrived. Assuming all goes to plan, this is going on next week. Just had one step colder plugs and the TS 17 psi IWG installed so need a tune revision first :)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not a bad idea to leave it alone....water needs to go somewhere instead of congregating in the bottom with no where to go=corrosion.IMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The airgaps are totally normal. This box would warp like crazy if we fully welded it. With 2 sources of outside air coming in, the box doesn't really need to be sealed. The high pressure air from the bottom and front intake duct should also help push out the air from the engine bay.

Hey guys. Got my intake installed with the whoosh evap fix kit. 50 miles after install, I threw a CEL. Did some snooping around and found that the largest connecting pipe that clicks into the top "crossing" intake tube was not fully snapped in as I could still see that outermost rubber ring. So I pushed a little harder so that it was fully snapped in and all rubber rings were utilized and the CEL went off in about 50 miles...problem solved.
Well today...50 miles post CEL issues, the CEL comes back on. All fittings are attached properly and snug. Charge pipe, evap line, sensor, etc....everything checks out fine.
Any thoughts? Anyone with a similar issue?

Car only has 6200 miles on it. MBRP Exhaust, Mountune symposer delete, and GFB DV have been on for 2k+ miles.

DangerMouse

Mine clicked in also on the rear pipe but I can see the seal on the one side. I have only driven about 10 miles since install.

I also have the Whoosh adapter. I was using a MAP intake for awhile with the Whoosh adapter without issues.

I am guessing that rear plug isn't sealing properly. You could always replace the oem click connector with some hose and clamp.

I think CPE needs to move that port to the left a little.

I don't have a 2016, but I had to rotate that tube in order for it to fully clip in. Wasn't a huge fan of the fitment there (and I'm not fully convinced it's completely sealed). Seems like several others on the forum have had troubles with that part.

Are you guys getting the PO4DB code or the P044C?

The for clip (p04DB related) the 2016 cars have a sensor in that tube, (which is also a different shape). You may have to reorient the tube as it comes out of the valve cover to completely get it to sit right. I have also seen a case there the powdercoating as a bit thick there so sanding it down a little bit helped it clip in. Make sure that the clip is still in good shape as well. If that clip is cracked on the intake side (which I have seen a few instances). We had logged close to 3k miles on the 2016 kit with no p04db code to speak of.

I did have one customer put a zip tie around the tube and the intake to hold it into the intake. Not the prettiest solution but it worked. If anybody wants any assistance or has any questions on this, please dont hesitate to PM me.

I just downloaded the Torque Pro app in order to read the CEL code. I can now confirm that I am throwing the P144C code. The code, for those that don't know, was stated on the Torque Pro app as P144C-Powertrain.

I'll check the tubes and fitment again...

Based

Since no one is posting pics I will, thought it be a nice day to do a intake install got halfway through and it started raining, shit, anyway here it is I got as far as I could and it looks decent without the box, just what I had to do in the mean time.

I thought the filter was supposed to go to the side, not down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk