Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New turbo time...don't know what route

Right now Im running the cobb ap stg 3 w/ injen intake, Cobb intercooler,rmm, headers/tubular manifold,turbosmart bov, atp catless dp, & mbrp exhaust.
I was looking/reading into the x47...for the price and the performance that they said it reaches seems like it's great....& I don't want to buy a x37 when a x47 is coming out but my tuner suggested I go with garretts instead of a hybrid.
I was also wondering how/why the atp garretts are apparently so different (in a bad way)to the DHM kit when it's the same Garrett turbo as deadhooks kit (for a peoples that has headers & the mods offered in the DHM kit)
All I heard so far is that hey are laggy...and I was looking into the gtx2860r to be exact. Heard the smaller 25's and gt didn't really gain anything & the bigger ones lag. Is the lag issue something that can be fix by a protune/dyno tune & possibly add. Fuel? (like meth or auex kit)
Thanks ahead of time btw ????

Hey _dannyoh!

I'm really not an expert, just for you to know.

As per what I rode on this forum treads, there's no "absolute perfect" turbo upgrade. Everyone has different budgets, different goals and there's so many different ways to acheive them.

This being said, I won't tell you to buy this one or that one, I'll suggest you to go with your budget & goals and make your own opinion on what would be better for you. There's plenty of infos in there (threads) to build a good idea and also plenty of knowledgeable people who can surely share you their experiences.

Peace! [rockon]

-Seb-

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Right now Im running the cobb ap stg 3 w/ injen intake, Cobb intercooler,rmm, headers/tubular manifold,turbosmart bov, atp catless dp, & mbrp exhaust.
I was looking/reading into the x47...for the price and the performance that they said it reaches seems like it's great....& I don't want to buy a x37 when a x47 is coming out but my tuner suggested I go with garretts instead of a hybrid.
I was also wondering how/why the atp garretts are apparently so different (in a bad way)to the DHM kit when it's the same Garrett turbo as deadhooks kit (for a peoples that has headers & the mods offered in the DHM kit)
All I heard so far is that hey are laggy...and I was looking into the gtx2860r to be exact. Heard the smaller 25's and gt didn't really gain anything & the bigger ones lag. Is the lag issue something that can be fix by a protune/dyno tune & possibly add. Fuel? (like meth or auex kit)
Thanks ahead of time btw ????
The reason DHM kits make more power and spool better than ATP is a matter of airflow. The tubular manifold, Tial exhaust housing, and external Tial wastegate in the DHM kits simply outflow the stock manifold and internal wastegate used in the ATP kits.

Some Guy On The Internet

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
The reason DHM kits make more power and spool better than ATP is a matter of airflow. The tubular manifold, Tial exhaust housing, and external Tial wastegate in the DHM kits simply outflow the stock manifold and internal wastegate used in the ATP kits.

Some Guy On The Internet
Hijinx thanks for always coming thru....and I finally know the difference. Lol (been asking since like June 2016) hahaha
I think I'm going to go with the atp(gtx2860r) and build on it. I have a tubular manifold so gonna ask my tuner what he thinks might be the best solution to get better/fast/longer spool. The hybrids he told me that they are legit for the price...but it will be maxed out and might run into problems so that's why I plan/would like to go the Garrett route. Unless the x47 really lives up to its rep/ & claimed numbers, etc.
Unfortunately I cannot buy a dhm Garrett alone cuz it doesn't fit onto my headers and downpipe & the kits are out of my budget :(
Thanks again and happy late New Years G.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Btw the x47 still isn't for sale correct?
The x-47 is available for sale....You can purchase the x-47 directly from PumaSpeed

Check out new poll created yesterday on x-47 thread below..The early poll results indicate that 5 members who participated in poll have already purchased the x-47 and one of them already has it installed and waiting for tune...

"Who has already purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo? (multiple choice allowed)"

OP
D
Thread Starter #9
Check out new poll created yesterday on x-47 thread below..The early poll results indicate that 5 members who participated in poll have already purchased the x-47 and one of them already has it installed and waiting for tune...

"Who has already purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo? (multiple choice allowed)"
I can't view it from my iPhone :/ lmao
Will have to check it out when I get home from work lol
Thanks man, happy late New Years G

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I can't view it from my iPhone :/ lmao
Will have to check it out when I get home from work lol
Thanks man, happy late New Years G
I just posted an update in the thread for those that can't view poll...

And Happy New Year to you too!

So far our poll (posted yesterday at top of thread) shows that [MENTION=3924]2016leefook[/MENTION] , [MENTION=4233]44sg44[/MENTION] , [MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION] , [MENTION=6750]Wildcat[/MENTION] , [MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION] have purchased the x-47...And Ish already has it installed waiting to get tuned

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Hijinx thanks for always coming thru....and I finally know the difference. Lol (been asking since like June 2016) hahaha
I think I'm going to go with the atp(gtx2860r) and build on it. I have a tubular manifold so gonna ask my tuner what he thinks might be the best solution to get better/fast/longer spool. The hybrids he told me that they are legit for the price...but it will be maxed out and might run into problems so that's why I plan/would like to go the Garrett route. Unless the x47 really lives up to its rep/ & claimed numbers, etc.
Unfortunately I cannot buy a dhm Garrett alone cuz it doesn't fit onto my headers and downpipe & the kits are out of my budget :(
Thanks again and happy late New Years G.
There's a way around this.. I was going to do the same exact thing you're doing. It's not easy, and in the end I sent my stuff to DHM to be finished.

Why a Garrett turbo? I built a big turbo kit with a cheaper precision turbo and I love it.
Do you need it to be internal wastegated? Or can you do external?

If you must use Garrett, then buy the ATP and hope for the best.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member

Btw the x47 still isn't for sale correct?
The x-47 is available for sale....You can purchase the x-47 directly from PumaSpeed

So far our poll (posted yesterday at top of thread) shows that [MENTION=3924]2016leefook[/MENTION] , [MENTION=4233]44sg44[/MENTION] , [MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION] , [MENTION=6750]Wildcat[/MENTION] , [MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION] have purchased the x-47...And Ish already has it installed waiting to get tuned

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Without contacting them directly, it is not available from Panda yet or on Puma's website. But I retract my statement, it is for sale through direct contact.

Yea, I haven't heard of any announcements from Panda yet and they don't have the x-47 listed on their site yet either... Panda had mentioned on FB that they will be offering a group buy soon...

The x-47 is listed on PumaSpeeds website and does appear as if you can order directly from Pumaspeeds website...

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-...-Billet-7-Blade-Hybrid-Turbocharger_17318.jsp

Yea, I haven't heard of any announcements from Panda yet and they don't have the x-47 listed on their site yet either...

Panda mentioned on FB that they will be offering a group buy soon...

The x-47 is listed on PumaSpeeds website and does appear as if you can order directly from Pumaspeeds website...

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-...-Billet-7-Blade-Hybrid-Turbocharger_17318.jsp
Weird, link doesn't work for me but that looks legit.

OP
D
Thread Starter #17
There's a way around this.. I was going to do the same exact thing you're doing. It's not easy, and in the end I sent my stuff to DHM to be finished.

Why a Garrett turbo? I built a big turbo kit with a cheaper precision turbo and I love it.
Do you need it to be internal wastegated? Or can you do external?

If you must use Garrett, then buy the ATP and hope for the best.
i believe you lol but you ended up sending it to dhm anyways? to get better wg? or it just didnt work out as planned? i am curious on why it didnt work out if you dont mind telling, cuz i was gonna see if you can upgrade the internal wg on the atp since i already have headers/tubular manifold.
well i say garrett because its the only one i know that makes big turbos/non hybrids for fiestas. and garretts have been known to be one of the top turbo brands.(im not saying THAT THEY ARE THE BEST, im just saying that they are well known.)
IF THERE IS/ARE OTHER BIG TURBOS ON THE MARKET I WOULD LOVE TO LOOK IN EM and see what the prices are and how well they perform but all i seems to find are hybrid.(im not saying hybrids are bad or anything like that. please dont misunderstand...tbh im waiting to see what the x47 got to show also.)
and for the WG i THINK am set up for internal wg lol. if im not mistaking the external wg needs a different headers and downpipe right?(just like the pics of dhm kits) please do correct me if im wrong tho.
thanks

OP
D
Thread Starter #19
[MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] [MENTION=4011]Goingnowherefast[/MENTION]
i did see this link before on the x47 , like everybody else im curious to see the specs before i buy....tbh im waiting for ish's 91tune.. since imma be running 91 also(shitty los angeles ;p)
only problem i could possibly imagine right now is that about 2-3months after i install a hybrid...... i know im going to want more power....and ive been told multi times that the x37 is maxed out pushing the 260-280whp.(im not saying thats slow. but i just know myself & i know imma want more power) if the x47 can push 300whp without being maxed/overworking...i most likely will go with the x47......but tbh i think its gonna be maxed out too lol i guess i just have to wait to see what happens.
dammit im getting impatient!!!! smh lol

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
[MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] [MENTION=4011]Goingnowherefast[/MENTION]
i did see this link before on the x47 , like everybody else im curious to see the specs before i buy....tbh im waiting for ish's 91tune.. since imma be running 91 also(shitty los angeles ;p)
only problem i could possibly imagine right now is that about 2-3months after i install a hybrid...... i know im going to want more power....and ive been told multi times that the x37 is maxed out pushing the 260-280whp.(im not saying thats slow. but i just know myself & i know imma want more power) if the x47 can push 300whp without being maxed/overworking...i most likely will go with the x47......but tbh i think its gonna be maxed out too lol i guess i just have to wait to see what happens.
dammit im getting impatient!!!! smh lol
Agreed...I think there are a lot of folks here waiting to see the results of those who have already purchased the x-47...Really looking forward to seeing Ish's as well since I too live in CA with our wonderful ACN91 pump gas where I've grown really tired of mixing pump gas with ethanol ...LOL!

Also Panda said on FB they intend on offering a group buy in which I suspect many folks are waiting for in addition to seeing actual performance numbers...