Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New turbo time...don't know what route

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
i believe you lol but you ended up sending it to dhm anyways? to get better wg? or it just didnt work out as planned? i am curious on why it didnt work out if you dont mind telling, cuz i was gonna see if you can upgrade the internal wg on the atp since i already have headers/tubular manifold.
well i say garrett because its the only one i know that makes big turbos/non hybrids for fiestas. and garretts have been known to be one of the top turbo brands.(im not saying THAT THEY ARE THE BEST, im just saying that they are well known.)
IF THERE IS/ARE OTHER BIG TURBOS ON THE MARKET I WOULD LOVE TO LOOK IN EM and see what the prices are and how well they perform but all i seems to find are hybrid.(im not saying hybrids are bad or anything like that. please dont misunderstand...tbh im waiting to see what the x47 got to show also.)
and for the WG i THINK am set up for internal wg lol. if im not mistaking the external wg needs a different headers and downpipe right?(just like the pics of dhm kits) please do correct me if im wrong tho.
thanks
I got a turbo manifold made from sheepey built. It is available in T3 & v-band which really opens up the options, but This manifold requires a custom downpipe & charge pipe. That's why I sent the manifold and turbo to Deadhook, to have them mock it up and build me those parts.

You can make ANY turbo work, it just takes some planning and money lol
if you plan on going that route, you will most likely need a custom downpipe, custom charge pipe, oil/coolant lines made

OP
D
Thread Starter #22
Agreed...I think there are a lot of folks here waiting to see the results of those who have already purchased the x-47...Really looking forward to seeing Ish's as well since I too live in CA with our wonderful ACN91 pump gas where I've grown really tired of mixing pump gas with ethanol ...LOL!

Also Panda said on FB they intend on offering a group buy in which I suspect many folks are waiting for in addition to seeing actual performance numbers...
Yea Im sure lol
I think that it might be about 280-340whp(depending on mods/tune/fuel)....but what I want to know is that is it going to be maxed? Or is there room for more power?
I guess only time will tell lol...

OP
D
Thread Starter #23
I got a turbo manifold made from sheepey built. It is available in T3 & v-band which really opens up the options, but This manifold requires a custom downpipe & charge pipe. That's why I sent the manifold and turbo to Deadhook, to have them mock it up and build me those parts.

You can make ANY turbo work, it just takes some planning and money lol
if you plan on going that route, you will most likely need a custom downpipe, custom charge pipe, oil/coolant lines made
Aww ok, thanks man! I appreciate it, And everybody else trying to help me out also.
Seems like I'm just stuck between a x47(waiting on some dynos from peoples lol) or atp gtx and built on it and around it to make it work to its potential.
If I go atp, I'm thinking a auex fuel,bigger fuel injectors(when it's available), build the block a bit, and a crazy tune from the tuner I know should do the job....but I could be wrong lol

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Aww ok, thanks man! I appreciate it, And everybody else trying to help me out also.
Seems like I'm just stuck between a x47(waiting on some dynos from peoples lol) or atp gtx and built on it and around it to make it work to its potential.
If I go atp, I'm thinking a auex fuel,bigger fuel injectors(when it's available), build the block a bit, and a crazy tune from the tuner I know should do the job....but I could be wrong lol
Start with the turbo and aux fuel. Block is good for 400+ so you won't need that yet

OP
D
Thread Starter #25
Start with the turbo and aux fuel. Block is good for 400+ so you won't need that yet
word thanks man, and i didnt know it was good till 400+hp lol....but i think just for safety reasons...i may start to built a little when i eventually start to see the 340-350whp range lol.....and now that x47 has showed ~270whp on 91...its looking good lol, now if theres extra room for another 30-50whp after added fuel/meth/tune...ill probably buy the x47.

OP
D
Thread Starter #26
and dammit! im looking at the precision turbos now and now im kinda mad i didnt go get a t3 thingy SHIT!!! lol dammit