Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone else interested in carbon canards??

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if anyone is interested like me in some carbon fiber canards (dive planes) for our cars. If I have enough people interested then I might know someone that can manufacture them. Let me know if anyone is interested like I am. Cheers!

Bluedrank

Personally I'd need to see how they look on our car And also, the price would be key. But I'd potentially be interested.

Personally I'd need to see how they look on our car And also, the price would be key. But I'd potentially be interested.
This. I would like to see what they would look like first, and if the price is reasonable.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
This. I would like to see what they would look like first, and if the price is reasonable.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I feel the same. This thread is to gauge interest and see if there's a strong market in carbon canards for our fist.

AzNightmare

I've been interested in canards for some time, but it'll depend on how it's design...

IMO, it's tricky getting them to look good on our cars because the FiST's bumper isn't flat down the side and bulges around the fog lamp area. The fog area takes up a good portion of where it would be ideal for aggressive canards.

I think tiny baby ones are the best we can do...

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
I've been interested in canards for some time, but it'll depend on how it's design...

IMO, it's tricky getting them to look good on our cars because the FiST's bumper isn't flat down the side and bulges around the fog lamp area. The fog area takes up a good portion of where it would be ideal for aggressive canards.

I think tiny baby ones are the best we can do...
Those don't look too bad but I think bigger ones and curved to match the lines of the front bumper would look much much better.

AzNightmare

Those don't look too bad but I think bigger ones and curved to match the lines of the front bumper would look much much better.
Oh yeah, definitely. I was playing around with Photoshop and here are some options that would look nice imo.

1) Have a canard that runs along with the fog lamp bulge and the bottom run across the fog and meet with that "pillar" on the other side. But I can imagine partially covering the fog lamps like that wouldn't be everyone's taste.
2) Or simply have them both run above the fog lamp bulge, but it might go against the flow of the body lines. But you can get a more aggressive slope with this approach.

Or maybe you planned to just have 1 canard on each side. Either way though, let's see what kind of ideas you have in mind :D

I think we can get a better sign of interest when people see some mockup designs.

OP
D
Thread Starter #8
Oh yeah, definitely. I was playing around with Photoshop and here are some options that would look nice imo.

1) Have a canard that runs along with the fog lamp bulge and the bottom run across the fog and meet with that "pillar" on the other side. But I can imagine partially covering the fog lamps like that wouldn't be everyone's taste.
2) Or simply have them both run above the fog lamp bulge, but it might go against the flow of the body lines. But you can get a more aggressive slope with this approach.

Or maybe you planned to just have 1 canard on each side. Either way though, let's see what kind of ideas you have in mind :D

I think we can get a better sign of interest when people see some mockup designs.
I'm definitely liking the #2 design.

I really don't think they look good on these cars unless your going wide body... But you could just buy flat ones and modify them instead of getting into a production run that could take 6+ months to get going and shipped

Just had aeroflow dynamics design these for me and they're putting them into production now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
They look good. Are the riveted on? What's the material and price?

They look good. Are the riveted on? What's the material and price?
Thanks! No they're screwed in washer and bolt on the inside. I actually had them do the install because I didn't trust myself with aligning them and making sure both sides are perfectly even haha they're made of aluminum and they have a nice thin rubber seal against the body. Quality is really good. Price is $180.00 which is pretty reasonable. They just put them up on their site.

https://www.aeroflowdynamics.com/collections/canards/products/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st-canards-v1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts