Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car won't start - No response from button

brbauer2

Just went out to get some lunch and the dang think won't start.

The radio comes on if I hit the power button on the radio, that's about all I can do.

Keys do not lock/unlock, nothing.

Power button won't go into Accessory/On mode, pressing the clutch does nothing, can't even get a response when placing the key against the steering column.

Vehicle has started and ran fine since I got it, and had no issues this morning.

Anything else I can try before Roadside gets here to take it in?

I don't think that you can roll start a car with a push button ignition as there is no way to turn the ignition on w/o power, and cables won't help if the battery is already charged, but you have a loose connection somewhere.

I had an elusive and occasional problem with mine randomly not starting, but finally seem to have fixed it by putting a hard rubber shim to hold the battery in place. There was a good half inch for the battery to slide back and forth even with the connections tightened and the hold down bar as well. Hasn't happened in over a year.

OP
brbauer2

brbauer2

Thread Starter #4
Roadside was quick and I'm close to the dealer. Already back. Now the waiting game while they get it in and looked at. Will update with any solution that might arise.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I just had to replace my battery after only 2 years! But then again batteries really don't last all that long here in our desert with our scorching heat 6~8 months out of the year...

Pete

I don't think that you can roll start a car with a push button ignition as there is no way to turn the ignition on w/o power, and cables won't help if the battery is already charged, but you have a loose connection somewhere.

I had an elusive and occasional problem with mine randomly not starting, but finally seem to have fixed it by putting a hard rubber shim to hold the battery in place. There was a good half inch for the battery to slide back and forth even with the connections tightened and the hold down bar as well. Hasn't happened in over a year.
I've pop started a few ST's on the top of Palomar mtn. When they left their lights on. It's possible but depends on how much juice is left in the battery.

OP
brbauer2

brbauer2

Thread Starter #7
I would have tried a jump, but wife's out of town and no second vehicle. Roadside wouldn't even do it since they have to tow if they are called.

Batter voltage was reading 12+ (analogue meter) so I don't think that's a problem, but we'll see.

OP
brbauer2

brbauer2

Thread Starter #10
Well, car is still at the dealer being looked at. They seem to be trying to pin anything they can on the fact I have load resistors for my LED turn signals, the add-a-fuse for my dash cam, or the add-a-fuse for my dimming mirror.

How much smoke are they blowing if they come back and refuse warranty repair because of those?

Resistors are obviously tapped into the turn signal circuit. The dash cam is split off from the windshield wiper circuit (F11) in the glove box, and the mirror is split off from the heated seat circuit (F17) in the glove box.

All 3 mod are ones that I ran on my previous Fiesta's with no issues for years as well as many of you have done as well.

OP
brbauer2

brbauer2

Thread Starter #11
Just spoke with the dealer. They are still having trouble talking to any of the computer modules on the vehicle and are waiting on a new BCM to get in. I was told it should be in late today and they will start further diagnosis tomorrow morning.

I just want my car back...

OP
brbauer2

brbauer2

Thread Starter #12
New BCM got 3 of 7 module talking. They had another module/harness coming in yesterday to keep going. They have some response now but still not running.

Sent from my OnePlus 3

OP
brbauer2

brbauer2

Thread Starter #13
Sounds like I'm getting it back late tonight or early tomorrow. ::fingerscrossed::

I'll post the repairs once I get it.

OP
brbauer2

brbauer2

Thread Starter #14
Well, got her back today!

Parts Replaced:
Door Control Module - AV1Z-15K600-D

Proximity Module - AE8Z-19G481-F

Instrument Cluster - DUBZ-10849-CC

They also told me they replaced the BCM but it's not documented on the paperwork.

I do have to reinstall my LED brake/directional/reverse/side mirror lights and rewire my dimming mirror and dash cam.