Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Headlights: CANBUS or No CANBUS?

I'm planning on getting LED headlights - do I need to get a CANBUS with the kit? Thanks!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Add do a re adjust of the direction of the light. I have been running LEDs for almost 2 years and love them. But need adjustment to lower them as factory is not always bang on. Combined with good LED fogs you can have a very even puddle of light in the front of the car.

OP
A
Thread Starter #4
Add do a re adjust of the direction of the light. I have been running LEDs for almost 2 years and love them. But need adjustment to lower them as factory is not always bang on. Combined with good LED fogs you can have a very even puddle of light in the front of the car.
Which brand are you using?

OP
A
Thread Starter #5
No CANBUS. These cars aren't "smart" enough for a CANBUS system.

Also plan on no distance lighting and a good bit of glare, unfortunately.
Thanks man. I'm fine if the the throw is greater than stock, but less than HID.

OP
A
Thread Starter #7

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Yup, those are the ones I'm eyeing. XD are pretty much to the only brand I've used for my cars.

Are your current bulbs blacked out like these Philips? They say it's to reduce glare. Apparently.
No mine is the previous grey ones. Like I said,even in their posting, this is a new upgrade to that one.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Does anyone know how these compare to the PIAA versions, quality, and performance wise (taking PIAA's more than twice the price out of the equation for the moment)??

The PIAA actually uses a tiny fan in the alloy heat sink to cool the whole deal, whereas these, and most others use those conductive 'ribbons' of copper/whatever to do the job.

Will the PIAAs even fit into our housing/lenses?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Does anyone know how these compare to the PIAA versions, quality, and performance wise (taking PIAA's more than twice the price out of the equation for the moment)??

The PIAA actually uses a tiny fan in the alloy heat sink to cool the whole deal, whereas these, and most others use those conductive 'ribbons' of copper/whatever to do the job.

Will the PIAAs even fit into our housing/lenses?
My reason to pass on them was Fans tend to fail over time.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Understood.

Do those copper ribbon heat sinks do their job properly (NO burnt wires/connectors, melted bulb mounts, etc.)??
Have not had any heating issues and mine are DRLs so they are always on (less duty cycle during the day but always on). The housing is no warmer then the engine heat.