Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    New Member 20 Rep Points spymac's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Central Valley
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by tacocat View Post
    Subbed. Is it possible to something like this using forscan?
    I'm not super familiar with the limitations of forscan, but I would imagine it could be done. However, it would take someone with the software to investigate and create a patch plus you would have to visit the dealer to have it applied.

Basically what this guy would do:
    http://www.fordpimods.com/
    I would love to have the double honk disabled on the Fiesta :)

I'm targeting a low cost, plug and play solution with no factory wiring modifications that can be installed in minutes with no special tools.

Member 20 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 5 Rep Points
    City
    Milwaukee
    State
    WI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

1 Likes

In for options. I like the idea of a simple solution on this. Is it still a possibility to have "normal" (all the nannies on) more selectable with this, or is it just sport and all off? Just wondering as with all the snow and such and snow tires on, it's nice to have some esc assistance. also if anyone else drives the car, they're not freaked out when there's lights on the dash on a new car.

Thanks for stepping up to do this!
    '16 Fiesta St (Recaros and a 'roof) HS auto-x car and HPDE toy
    '07 Civic SI Sedan (8400rpm of lulz. HPDE, TT, STX for autox, DD)
    '97 Neon ACR (Chump/LeMons car)
    '92 Spirit R/T (Lotus headed, G-Pa's BA Barkalounger)
    '87 Shelby CSX #669 ("stock" :) )

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Central Valley
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by awwwww_shift View Post
    In for options. I like the idea of a simple solution on this. Is it still a possibility to have "normal" (all the nannies on) more selectable with this, or is it just sport and all off? Just wondering as with all the snow and such and snow tires on, it's nice to have some esc assistance. also if anyone else drives the car, they're not freaked out when there's lights on the dash on a new car.

Thanks for stepping up to do this!
    You will be able to select 'ESC ON' by cycling through the modes:

VEHICLE START
    Mode: On
    MOD TURNS SPORT ON AUTOMATICALLY
    Mode: Sport
    [SINGLE ESC OFF PRESS]
    Mode: ESC OFF
    [SINGLE ESC OFF PRESS]
    Mode: On

If I end up doing the remote selector I'll include a default 'ON' function as well. Yeah you're right, this would be helpful in climates with extended periods of bad weather. This way you could keep ESC On by default and you would still be able to cycle though the modes and select ESC OFF using a single press instead of holding down for 5 seconds.

Ohh and maybe a 'Valet' mode that would disable the ESC OFF button all together using the remote switch... that would be nice if you are letting someone borrow the car... well now I think I'm going to have to source a stealth selector switch

Thanks for the input, always welcomed!

Member 73 Rep Points Spaceman_Spiff's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points
    City
    JeffCo
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by spymac View Post
    I considered it too but the pi platform is not well suited for this application. Plus you would still need an micro SD ($$) just to make it work. The sparkfun Arduino pro mini is perfect for this at only $10. No need to run a shutdown process, just power on/power off, almost instant boot up time, easy to program and keep running, no OS to get corrupted etc.
    Fair enough.

Sent from my Spaceship
    '16 FiST: White Platinum, Black wheels.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points
    City
    SoCal
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

I regret I have only 1 Like to give (on every 1 of spymac's posts) :)
    2014 Fiesta ST, Oxford White, Recaros, Navigation, Symposer Delete ($4 Expansion Plug), FSWerks Short Shift (25% setting), COBB AP3 (OTS 91 v220), Fiesta Aluminum Spare Tire (-16.6 lbs), 205/45-16 BFG Sport Comp 2 on 16x7 ET40 Maxxim Winner (-16.4 lbs), K&N Air Filter

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Central Valley
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

Thought I would post an update on the progress since there does seem to be a bit of interest in the project (glad its not just me!)

After some of the feedback I've been looking into a selector function to set the default mode. This would allow the end user to select the default mode to suit their need. Some use cases:

During summer I want ESC off as my default
    During winter months I want full nannies
    I want sport mode as my default but want the ability to set ESC OFF as the default for track days

So originally I was considering a separate switch or on-board selector to change modes but then it kinda hit me. The Arduino has built in EEPROM! Basically like a tiny hard drive that will save values when you turn the board off. This will allow a value to be saved that will be read on startup to determine the mode selection used (no physical switch required). So we could set the default mode using the ESC OFF button that will be saved for the next startup! Here is my thought on how to activate/set the default mode:

Set sport mode (dash light on)
    Hold down ESC OFF for 10 seconds to enter programming mode (dash light turns off)
    Press the ESC OFF to set default mode based on the following:
    1 press = ESC ON (full nannies)
    2 press = Sport Mode
    3 press = ESC OFF
    4 press = Can I borrow your car? / Dealership mode(see below)
    Mode is set after 5 second timeout
    Dash light blinks number selected
    Dash light off to confirm programming mode exit

Can I borrow your car / dealership mode:
    This mode will disable your ESC button for situations like loaning your car to a friend. Or when you take the car in for service to ensure the dealer techs don't have too much fun without your consent. (Bonus points of the service writer notes a defective ESC button on your service order!) Dealership mode can be disabled by setting the default mode again during the first minute the car has been started, or something like that.

I've got most of the programming done at this point but I'm sure there will be some additional tweaks once its installed for testing. This project is turning out to be a lot of fun so stay tuned for updates! Thanks to all who've subbed, asked questions and given feedback! As always, I welcome any suggestions, community involvement makes a better final product for everyone!

Member 20 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 5 Rep Points
    City
    Milwaukee
    State
    WI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by spymac View Post
    Thought I would post an update on the progress since there does seem to be a bit of interest in the project (glad its not just me!)

After some of the feedback I've been looking into a selector function to set the default mode. This would allow the end user to select the default mode to suit their need. Some use cases:

During summer I want ESC off as my default
    During winter months I want full nannies
    I want sport mode as my default but want the ability to set ESC OFF as the default for track days

So originally I was considering a separate switch or on-board selector to change modes but then it kinda hit me. The Arduino has built in EEPROM! Basically like a tiny hard drive that will save values when you turn the board off. This will allow a value to be saved that will be read on startup to determine the mode selection used (no physical switch required). So we could set the default mode using the ESC OFF button that will be saved for the next startup! Here is my thought on how to activate/set the default mode:

Set sport mode (dash light on)
    Hold down ESC OFF for 10 seconds to enter programming mode (dash light turns off)
    Press the ESC OFF to set default mode based on the following:
    1 press = ESC ON (full nannies)
    2 press = Sport Mode
    3 press = ESC OFF
    4 press = Can I borrow your car? / Dealership mode(see below)
    Mode is set after 5 second timeout
    Dash light blinks number selected
    Dash light off to confirm programming mode exit

Can I borrow your car / dealership mode:
    This mode will disable your ESC button for situations like loaning your car to a friend. Or when you take the car in for service to ensure the dealer techs don't have too much fun without your consent. (Bonus points of the service writer notes a defective ESC button on your service order!) Dealership mode can be disabled by setting the default mode again during the first minute the car has been started, or something like that.

I've got most of the programming done at this point but I'm sure there will be some additional tweaks once its installed for testing. This project is turning out to be a lot of fun so stay tuned for updates! Thanks to all who've subbed, asked questions and given feedback! As always, I welcome any suggestions, community involvement makes a better final product for everyone!
    Very nicely done! That just answered every question I could have asked about this. I'm interested in one, possibly as the kit, more than likely as an assembled unit.
    Kudos!
    '16 Fiesta St (Recaros and a 'roof) HS auto-x car and HPDE toy
    '07 Civic SI Sedan (8400rpm of lulz. HPDE, TT, STX for autox, DD)
    '97 Neon ACR (Chump/LeMons car)
    '92 Spirit R/T (Lotus headed, G-Pa's BA Barkalounger)
    '87 Shelby CSX #669 ("stock" :) )

Senior Member 824 Rep Points Sourskittle's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 25 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 50 Rep Points
    City
    Lakeland
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

I want to buy this. Take my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    291 WHP @6000rpm / 293 TQ@3900rpm VD ( NOT BHP )
    13.34@104.5mph "Show me the carfax"/trap speed

Cyborg Stock Upgraded Turbo setup
    http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/2857-Cyborg-upgraded-stock-Turbocharger-system

Member 39 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points
    City
    Morton Grove
    State
    IL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sourskittle View Post
    I want to buy this. Take my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll take one as well
    Deporacing DP, Deporacing IC, Mountune CBE, Damond OCC, GFB DV+,Cobb RMM, and tuned by Stratified

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points
    City
    Gloucester
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Points

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hmmmm? I'll take one as well.
    '14 Ford Fiesta ST Molten Orange Yeah, I've made a few mods... It's a Seriously Fun Pocket Rocket Toy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast